ToughOmbre359th
+0|6840
https://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7554/bf22006012500155325custom8gi.th.png

I was playing Kubra Dam the other night.  While I was commanding for the MEC, the US took the MEC main base.  Well after we took it back I notice my SCAN wouldn't work anymore.  Went down to check it out and I found this???? WTH
Maj.Do
+85|6914|good old CA
i think the us destroyed it and repaired it
Talsyn
+1|6837|Adelaide
Lmao, thats unusual to say the least
swaggie
+1|6834
seen that b4 happen to me tried to blow it up ang got vehicle damage
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6931|Human Meat Shield
wow..I've seen a glitch when the game first loads and you don't see the commander toys, but you 'run' into them.....I guess you are supposed to know the map to know where the toys are.
QuackinChicken
+1|6864

ToughOmbre359th wrote:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7554/b … 8gi.th.png

I was playing Kubra Dam the other night.  While I was commanding for the MEC, the US took the MEC main base.  Well after we took it back I notice my SCAN wouldn't work anymore.  Went down to check it out and I found this???? WTH
ROFL the US hijacked your scan

A similar thing happened to me today, It wouldn't allow me to scan saying the scan trailor was destroyed, however when lookingclosely at it, it was perfectly fine, and not even marked as yellowon the map.
vedds
+52|6916|Christchurch New Zealand
it aint a glitch its a feature

seriously this happens a lot on wake the assets change hands with a destruction and repair sequence

screwed me out of a few points playing US Spec Ops on wake i can tell you
crotchlemur
+8|6847|The Lemur's Den
This happened to me just after the last patch was released.  I was playing wake island as USMC.  We had capped the air base and blown up the cmdr assets.  A little later I saw that the arty and UAV were repaired so I tried to blow them up again.  I got tagged for team vehicle damage.  WTF?! 

My guess is that cmdr assets at a control point can be up for grabs.  They remain in the original teams hands until they are destroyed *and* that CP is taken over by the opposing force.  Then if the OppForce repairs them, they control them as their own.  I've never seen this at an uncapturable CP.

Please feel free to contest this explanation.  It's just a hunch based on the couple times it happened to me.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Nope.. False..^^
crotchlemur
+8|6847|The Lemur's Den

imdead wrote:

Nope.. False..^^
Will you enlighten us with your explanation?
beranuHaong
+0|6870
wait whats so unusual lmao that mec has usmc uav?
BlackKesha
+1|6863|Моск&#
so does anybody all the same know the mechanism of capture? such happens periodically at me, as when I play kommander I either engineer or spesh ops.
vedds

imdead wrote:

Nope.. False..^^
Usefull post man

Whats your take on it?

My understanding is that it is either related to a repair or a timer thing
imdead
Death StatPadder
Well it's a glitch of course, I am no expert; as none of you are unless you work for EA why this does this, but you cannot (I would believe) have TWO assets. Think about it, seems like common sense to me if someone destroys your assets at one place you still have a backup?? wha? nah, I would like to see China blow up one and see what happens, like I said I've seen assets where they have disappeared. Weird things happen when it loads the same map over and over, mysteries unexplained. The take is what I guess would be a timer on reloading thing/glitch as some.
Stravromula
+4|6840|France
WHy would it be a glitch? If a marine repairs an MEC scan or UAV in real life they could change some things around to have it working for them. Just like in the game. Now that I know about it I might use it more often.

As for all of you spec ops, you'll have to look more carefully on said devices for which flag is shown before you blow it to hell.
imdead
Death StatPadder
It would be nice to have multiple assets...wow the fun I would have as commander, twice the power. It just doesn't make sense in game. I've only seen this on Wake and Kubra; but if you guys have better logic; I'm all for it; I've said mine, not saying I am right by any means.

I've also seen on Warlord where I've played Commander two games prior still say I am doing the arty when I am not commander...?? ..??
vedds

imdead wrote:

It would be nice to have multiple assets...wow the fun I would have as commander, twice the power. It just doesn't make sense in game. I've only seen this on Wake and Kubra; but if you guys have better logic; I'm all for it; I've said mine, not saying I am right by any means.

I've also seen on Warlord where I've played Commander two games prior still say I am doing the arty when I am not commander...?? ..??
So you are discarding others observations because you dont think thats how it works without any better explanation?

Mate there are a limited number of maps where this would be possible on more than one site anyway. and the chances of somebody doing it is pretty slim. however on wake it shows up frequently because the key to the map is the airbase - so US attempts to take and hold that particular  SP more frequently than any other map. if it is a time factor its the most likely one to show up on.

Dont discount outright other peoples theories just because you dont agree with out some info to back yourself up.
TryfanMan
+2|6901|Yorkshire, UK
Check the flag pic on the asset.

As someone said (i have heard this somewhere else too), if the enemy catch your base, destroy the assets then they 'belong' to the oppostie team.  If this is true, the flag pic on the assets will be wrong.  Just blow em up, and re-repair!
imdead
Death StatPadder

vedds wrote:

imdead wrote:

So you are discarding others observations because you dont think thats how it works without any better explanation?

Mate there are a limited number of maps where this would be possible on more than one site anyway. and the chances of somebody doing it is pretty slim. however on wake it shows up frequently because the key to the map is the airbase - so US attempts to take and hold that particular  SP more frequently than any other map. if it is a time factor its the most likely one to show up on.

Dont discount outright other peoples theories just because you dont agree with out some info to back yourself up.
you just agreed with me. and you explained it in basically what I did in summary form.

BTW..scroll up and you'll see a better theory. Need to read the posts that are at least 4 above you to understand, not just the last one.

Last edited by imdead (2006-01-26 19:19:29)

maeni
+-4|6827
it is not glitch either a hack,it is the way it works.if the enemy comes over and destroys ur arty, scan or uav
and the same team who destoys it but also fixes at the same time that whom it will belong to. So you
could end up on certain maps with six arty guns ............and so on try it on your own.
CRUSHER
+-1|6876
It's got to be a bug. What in the hell are you going to do with two scan trailers? The idea of having a backup is simply lame. -BUG-.

..buy hey, take comfort in the fact that you will soon have a few (probably stupid) unlocks, and attack choppers will be gimp as hell.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Actually really...who cares...really?
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6896|In a van down by the river
Here's something I found out about commander equipment.  If you drop a supply box on your equipment and somebody destroys it while the supply box is sittin next to it, it repairs the equipment just a little bit after the box gets blown up.  Which means that even if they destroy the equipment, it repairs it just a little bit so its still useable, if you get what I'm saying.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6905
Last time I tried (a few patches ago) the utilities belonged to only one team and only that team (sorta like the essex guns).  You could blow up the utilities with C4 but not repair them (just like you can't repair an enemy tank).  A supply crate would repair anything (they help either team) but it would repair it for the team that originally owned it.

Things could have changed since when I last checked but I think it is some kind of weird bug that results in the utillity becoming unusable to either team.
BlackKesha
+1|6863|Моск&#
on an occasion that this the error, this not so, a technique on a few one times in round passed from one side to other, being kommander destroyed a hostile artillery and after renewal I had 6 units of artillery, but it took place then, when position on which a hostile artillery was passed to us

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard