Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6357

Machine_Madness wrote:

hmm tough one.
-Half life 1 series - (if you fix this I will stab out your fucking eyeballs with a spoon)
fixed.

C´mon, HL2 had no good storyline. You just ran for endless hours through timestretching chapters (hovercraft anyone?), trying to fight the ominous combine (which you knew shit about why they were there or how), helping citizens in their uprising (with no clue whatsoever why they got concentrated in the first place, and how) fighting the boss of this empire, which isn´t really the boss, but somehow he is.

Plus, why the fuck are the vortigaunts, fierce and deadly enemies in the first hl your most helpfull allies? lol.

also, i wear glasses so your spoon is useless
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5802|Catherine Black

Kptk92 wrote:

San Andreas
I'd probably go with this.

But CoD4 comes a very close second, I'm sure if I had a decent enough computer to produce full graphics it would come first. Very immersive.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6362|Belfast
Half Life series
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6451|Brisbane, Australia

Sisco10 wrote:

trying to fight the ominous combine (which you knew shit about why they were there or how), helping citizens in their uprising (with no clue whatsoever why they got concentrated in the first place, and how) fighting the boss of this empire, which isn´t really the boss, but somehow he is.

Plus, why the fuck are the vortigaunts, fierce and deadly enemies in the first hl your most helpfull allies? lol.

Ok those points are true, but it still was an awesome story.

The fact that you dont know why you fight the combine adds to story. When you start the game on the train, its like, you just woke up from the last game. During the game you can piece together the story and can figure out what happened.

HLF1 was just awesome, travelling between worlds was freaking awesome, and the constant twists in the story. Then they add the expansions for the different view points of the story from different people. BRILLIANT!

*shakes fist* Damn you and your glasses!
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5767|Roma
Condemned Criminal Origins, even though they should explain more why things are happening to the city.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6525|Gold Coast
CoD4 - Set the bar so damn high CoD5 is regarded as shit by all the CoD4 fanboiz
CoD5 - Awesome. Not as good as CoD4, but I thought the Soviet story was good.
Assassins Creed - it was okay, not the best but I thought it was good.
C&C - Hands down
World In Conflict - Soviet invasion of US? Hells yeah!
Medal of Honour Allied Assault/Spearhead - Oh yeah, baby! D-Day landings FTW
Half Life is there, it just got really repetitive though... same with AC but it brought a new genre.

Theres probably a heap more but those are just off my head.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jord
+2,382|6692|The North, beyond the wall.
Halo
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

I'll have to add the Ace Combat games to my list as well
firebolt5
+114|6169

Sisco10 wrote:

Because in HL1, the Vortigaunts were enslaved.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

M.O.A.B wrote:

Can you say CHEEEEEEESE?
Shadow893
lel
+75|6706|England

Superior Mind wrote:

Half Life series.
Syphon Filter series was pretty legit.
qft tbh
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Can you say CHEEEEEEESE?
Gorgonzola
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

M.O.A.B wrote:

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Can you say CHEEEEEEESE?
Gorgonzola
Seriously though, those games had the cheesiest story lines every. Especially Squadron Leader.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6237|Escea

Finray wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Sir Schmoopy wrote:

Can you say CHEEEEEEESE?
Gorgonzola
Seriously though, those games had the cheesiest story lines every. Especially Squadron Leader.
Eh, helps me forget reality
Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6288|Outside your Back window
deus ex
Half life 1
Opposing force
MGS
Gta vice city
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6759|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Might as well say it. STALKER did it for me, but also COD4 was good.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6857|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Holy shit, I forgot about STALKER, SOC was one of THE greatest SP games I ever played, CS was a bit disappointing
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6507|N. Ireland
Max Payne II
tupla_s
+455|6606|Finland
Mafia, san andreas and xiii, although it was cut short and they never made the sequel

EDIT: Forgot Max Payne

Last edited by tupla_s (2008-12-23 14:21:26)

eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6258|TEXAS
I'm gonna have to say Syphon Filter for sure MGS was good but not violent enough for my taste.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6300|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Yeah pretty much the entire Half-Life universe along with the Command & Conquer universe (which includes Red Alert) (Didn't like RA3 at all @ multiplayer-beta stage so never bothered to try the full game)

The China vs America war ending with a nuclear winter in the fallout universe is kinda good to, though I haven't played the older games
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Defiance
+438|6685

Machine_Madness wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

trying to fight the ominous combine (which you knew shit about why they were there or how), helping citizens in their uprising (with no clue whatsoever why they got concentrated in the first place, and how) fighting the boss of this empire, which isn´t really the boss, but somehow he is.

Sisco: It's Half Life fucking TWO.. If you were to play MGS4 without playing the others, you would have absolutely no idea what was going on and by that I speak from experience. If you want to know the story, play HL1. The games themselves have parts of the story, the whole thing itself is a series which you must experience all of it to understand. By the vortigaunt comment, you've played HL1. If you still don't understand, pay some more attention because the answers will not be thrown at you.

Machine: No, the points are all null and void.

That said: Metal Gear Solid, Half Life, Tribes.

You know what? Fuck it. The combine are there (WHY) because they go from planet to planet (and dimension to dimension) mixing the dominant species of said planet with their tech to create armies. They got there (HOW) because Breen facilitated the teleportation in Black Mesa. The citizens were concentrated (WHY) because groups of people are easier to control when they are in smaller physical areas. How they got concentrated (..HOW) was a subsidizing of urban areas and the regulation of movement (hence the opening scene of HL2) by the combine. Finally, Breen is not the boss of the empire. He is the small time figurehead for Earth. While no one really likes it, it does aid in controlling people by letting them believe it is a person leading them as opposed to a giant slug.

Clear?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6300|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Defiance wrote:

Machine_Madness wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Sisco: It's Half Life fucking TWO.. If you were to play MGS4 without playing the others, you would have absolutely no idea what was going on and by that I speak from experience. If you want to know the story, play HL1. The games themselves have parts of the story, the whole thing itself is a series which you must experience all of it to understand. By the vortigaunt comment, you've played HL1. If you still don't understand, pay some more attention because the answers will not be thrown at you.

Machine: No, the points are all null and void.

That said: Metal Gear Solid, Half Life, Tribes.

You know what? Fuck it. The combine are there (WHY) because they go from planet to planet (and dimension to dimension) mixing the dominant species of said planet with their tech to create armies. They got there (HOW) because Breen facilitated the teleportation in Black Mesa. The citizens were concentrated (WHY) because groups of people are easier to control when they are in smaller physical areas. How they got concentrated (..HOW) was a subsidizing of urban areas and the regulation of movement (hence the opening scene of HL2) by the combine. Finally, Breen is not the boss of the empire. He is the small time figurehead for Earth. While no one really likes it, it does aid in controlling people by letting them believe it is a person leading them as opposed to a giant slug.

Clear?
qft

*still bracing for EP3*
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6563|UK

Vice city.  Tommy Vercetti is the man.  Fuck nicko
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6778
in no particular order:
MGS series
Halo series (and books, I am nerdy enough that I read books when I can't do anything else, it actually provides so much detail it's insane)
KoToR
Mass Effect (towards the bottom of the list but still decent)
CoD 4 (I was fuckin pissed when the nuke went off, as the SAS after that I wanted to kick some fuckin ass)
Republic Commando
Ghost Recon (the first one, no expansion packs for PC, doesn't hurt it was one of my first PC games ever and one of the first games I ever played)
Rainbow 6 and R6: Rogue Spear (see GR)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard