sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6319|USA Biznatch!
Well I'm going to be asking for some games for Christmas. I'm stuck on what to get. Please keep in mind I want them for the 360.
So far..

Left 4 Dead - Two of my other friends are getting it, possibly some more.

Fallout 3 - Worth it?

Farcry 2 - Not sure either

GoW2 - ???

I'm pretty stuck if you couldn't tell.  I really am only asking for 2-3 games, to try and keep costs down in this economy, plus my other siblings .

Thanks.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
Fallout 3 get.
sportsman11-2cool4u
+98|6319|USA Biznatch!
Yeah, I was really considering Fallout 3.
EDIT: How is the replay value? Like CoD4 has me going and going, as I don't get games so much I would like them to last.

Last edited by sportsman11-2cool4u (2008-12-14 11:16:07)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

sportsman11-2cool4u wrote:

Yeah, I was really considering Fallout 3.
EDIT: How is the replay value? Like CoD4 has me going and going, as I don't get games so much I would like them to last.
One run through one just one karma setting (bad, neutral or good) will probably run you around 50-100 hours.

The main quest lasts about 15-20 hours, but the sidequests (which are even more fun than the main quest at times) will take a lot longer.
sportsman11-2cool4u
+98|6319|USA Biznatch!
Ok that sounds good, and if I ever get bored of it I can't always trade it in for something. I'm probably going to get Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, and Farcry 2. Thanks .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I'd probably switch out FC2 for GoW2.

But you're welcome anyways.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
L4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4D.

Naow.
Zukabazuka
+23|6678
For what its worth skip Farcry 2, after playing 4-5h or even 3h you have played the entire game. Nothing new later in the game, they say the game can last 40h.

Can say this about side missions
Weapon dealers mission are, Destroy this convoy ALWAYS, Very little sidestory too.
Assassin Missions ( Go to this town and kill this guy) Always too never changes
Main mission differs but not much really, In the game there are shitloads of guardpost, will respawn after you are out of sight from them, So you will run in to these every 10minutes in the game and if they follow you with a car or jeep, they will catch up with you. Everyone hates you no matter how much respect you get on one team they still wanna blast the hell out of you.

Its not the best game of the year or even decent. Only good thing about it is the flame and graphics but hey the other games gives same graphic.
DrOxiN
tat twaz me kill biotch!?!?
+33|5835|Bel Air,Maryland
GoW2 is SOOO much better then far cry 2, good single player and great longevity and replay value with multiplayer
id get

GoW2
Fallout 3
L4D
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|5988|Belgium

Well I'm going to be asking for some games for Christmas. I'm stuck on what to get. Please keep in mind I want them for the 360.
So far..

Left 4 Dead - Two of my other friends are getting it, possibly some more. If with friends sure get it, it's a very good multiplayer game

Fallout 3 - Worth it? Very intense and deep singleplayer with a great story line, good for when everyone is offline.

Farcry 2 - Rent it for a couple of days, after you finish it the drive to play it fades away fast.
GoW2 - If you got the first one and liked it, surely get this one, Awesome multiplayer( Horde ) and singleplayer is great

I'm pretty stuck if you couldn't tell.  I really am only asking for 2-3 games, to try and keep costs down in this economy, plus my other siblings .

Thanks.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6687|The Ville

So far..

Left 4 Dead - Two of my other friends are getting it, possibly some more.

Fallout 3 - Worth it?

Farcry 2 - Not sure either

GoW2 - ???

Thanks.
Left 4 Dead- Is good to play with friends, can't go wrong with this one.

Fall out 3- Lot's of gameplay time and a bunch of stuff you can do. You should never get bored with this game.

Farcry 2- not sure but there's a lot of pages in the farcry 2 thread so I suppose it's good

GOW2- is good if you want to follow the story mode and I heard Horde mode is fun.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6181|Canada

Farcry 2 - Have it played 2hours. probably not going to play again unless if really really bored. do not waste 50$ on it, wait until the price goes down if you do want it.

I would opt for either L4D or FO3
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

Phatmatt wrote:

Farcry 2 - Have it played 2hours. probably not going to play again unless if really really bored. do not waste 50$ on it, wait until the price goes down if you do want it.

hows the multi?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA
GoW2 by far.

Left 4 Dead is a game you should be getting for PC for free updates and mods along with custom maps.

Far Cry 2 - Haven't played it, but it looks cool.

Fallout 3 - I think I may be one of the few that was disappointed in this game. There's way too much running around and the shooting is pretty boring.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6588|Michigan, USA

.Sup wrote:

Phatmatt wrote:

hows the multi?
I can only speak for the PC multi for FC2, but downright terrible.  Very laggy, and buggy, gameplay is horribly unbalanced, he who has better gun wins 99% of the time.  Theres barely anyone online playing , maybe a room or two in each gamemode at any given time.

The mapmaker saves it from total crap, if you got some buddies, pretty fun to make your own maps up and have a go on them.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6483|Menlo Park, CA
Far Cry 2 is excellent, but I have to say it is a tad repetitive (You'll see what I mean if you get the game). The multiplayer is poor unfortunately! If you buying it just for the multiplayer then DONT!

Left 4 Dead is OUTSTANDING! A must buy no questions asked!

GoW 2..... dont know too much about that game so buy at your own risk?

Fallout 3 is a tad too futuristic for me, but everyone that I know who has played it really enjoys it!

Personally Left 4 Dead is the best out of the lot and just a fucking blast to play!
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

DefCon-17 wrote:

L4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4DL4D.

Naow.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard