AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wait a sec. That is exactly what I am pointing out. I have no problem with anyone "identifying with a culture of their own". I simply am pointing out that it is racist when white people do it and not acceptable.
Or do you deny that double standard?
What double standard? Wheres the white browser you racist little nut?
I am done with you, come back when you start reading the posts and answering them.
Perfect lowing. It's racist when white people do it, but you can't provide a single example of a white scenario in which it has happened. Ever.

If this black browser disgriminated against you, me or anybody else than that would be a double standard. But it doesn't.

What does this browser do? It provides links to African-American or "black" related links built in.

There is no discrimination here. I or you could download and use this browser without fear of reprisal.

If you think a white browser would be considered racist and that's the double standard, find me one and the find me the racism talks.

Fat chance.

The only way you'll see a so called double standard is if a "black browser" linked to anti-white and discriminatory websites and there was no outcry. But guess what, this browser doesn't do that.

How can you possibly say

lowing wrote:

it is racist when white people do it and not acceptable.
and then provide no examples of this ever happening? You have a problem with black radio stations because if there were white radio stations it would be racist?

There is nothing stopping a white person from listening to a black centric radio station and vice-versa. If there is, I'd be glad to take back everything I've just said and tell you your right on everything.

But there is no double standard here, no outcry of this being racist because it isn't racist. It's a browser that provides links built in to the browser that does nothing more than provide a service to African-American web users.

Your looking for a double standard here because you want to find one. Your looking for a double standard here so you can say "ha, they are racist so you can't say that I am any worse."

Your think you've found some sort of smoking gun because a browser has a helpful feature to those who are African-American. Your little rant about black magazines, black radio and black browsers is astonishing. There is no double standard here because this black media doesn't segregate and doesn't push forward an anti-white sentiment or agenda. If it did it would be deserving of calls for racism and you wouldn't see the illusion of double standard that you think you do.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
Its just the swing of the pendulum.
Not so long ago they had to sit at the back of the bus, now they are asserting themselves and overdoing it.
But its human nature to want to belong to something exclusive.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5861
Black Power!!!!
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6493|Connecticut

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Dont like them, then dont use them. Who cares!
I care because I am forced to pay for the black channel if I want even basic cable. That and the fucking Spanish channels. That is 3 channels I pay for that I never watch.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6493|Connecticut

lowing wrote:

usmarine wrote:

lowing wrote:

also tell me why white people can not recognize andsegregate for what ever reasons you list.
http://www.kkk.bz/
shall I post a link to the NAACP to counter?

What is your point? Answer the question in the post
Isn't the kkk illegal? I am pretty sure there was a law passed against it. Perhaps the same should be imposed for the NAACP.
Malloy must go
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6198

lowing wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5105846/blackbird-web-browser-because-firefox-is-too-navajo-for-black-web-surfers

in keeping with my consistency of pointing out double standards and racism in America I offer a "black" web browser to add to the list of:

black TV channels
black miss America pageants
black magazines
black charities
black colleges
black, govt sponsored assistance
black history month
black holidays
black associations and clubs
African-American labeling ( because they refuse to be JUST Americans)
Unless there's a:

White TV channels
White miss America pageants
White magazines
White charities
White colleges
White govt sponsored assistance
White history month
White holidays
White associations and clubs

Yes there is a double standard and it's bad.  Anybody arguing against that is blind.  Slavery is over, you have a black president.. Anything is possible if you work hard enough. No more speacial treatment.. end affirmative action now!!

Do you really have black only colleges down there?

I want a white history month!!!
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Its okay for blacks to say "this is a browser for black people" but its not okay for whites to say "this browser is for white people only.
Actually who cares, we (whites) did enough harm to blacks with discriminating them, let them have their "black" magazines and browsers.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
lewl It's a stupid idea.

I mentioned it in Computer Science class the other day. Every black dude thought it was a dumb idea.

What's lulzy is that apparently, searching "Barack Obama" on Firefox gets you results from Wiki and his campaign site etc, while searching for it on Blackbird gets you results from AOL and BET. Fail.

@Aussie Chainsaw, they aren't really black-only. They're called HBCUs, Historically Black Colleges and Universities. They historically had a high enrollment of black students, or were one of the first schools to admit blacks back in the days of segregation. Whites, asians, and hispanics can attend too. It's just that they've got a high percentage of black students. And just like how minorities tend to want to attend schools with racial diversity, whites also want to attend schools with racial diversity. So most don't apply to HBCUs.

As to address your other points:

White TV - is there really any demand for this? Hell, half the blacks I know don't watch BET. I think everyone likes watching Jack Bauer kill terrorists be they white, black, brown, whatever.

White Miss America pageants - Not needed, black beauty pageants aren't really needed but whatever. I think the 2006 winner of Miss USA was black. Dear god she's beautiful.

White magazines - Black magazines seem to be about rap and hip hop, so I guess Rolling Stone is a white magazine (maybe Car and Driver as well)

White charities - Never heard of a black charity...

White colleges - Ivy Leagues. Predominantly white. Just like HBCUs are predominantly black.

White govt assistance - Huh?

White history month - Let's just get rid of them all and make a "World Culture Month"

White holidays - President's Day, Columbus Day...

White associations and clubs - Once again, if there were a huge demand for them they'd probably exist. I'm hispanic and white and frankly I've never felt the need to join an affinity club at my school. The more we classify and divide ourselves by race and descent, the more we'll be divided by racial lines.

And whoever mentioned black radio - Considering the black radio I've listened to is a mix of humor and hip hop / rap, DC101 is basically white radio since it's got humor and rock. Again, that's playing off of stereotypes.

Finally, don't end affirmative action until I get into college kthx.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-12-14 06:57:37)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
deeznutz1245
+483|6493|Connecticut

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Do you really have black only colleges down there?
Yes. We also have scholarships for only black students. Could you imagine the outcry that would ensue if there was such a thing exclusively for white students.
Malloy must go
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

What double standard? Wheres the white browser you racist little nut?
I am done with you, come back when you start reading the posts and answering them.
Perfect lowing. It's racist when white people do it, but you can't provide a single example of a white scenario in which it has happened. Ever.

If this black browser disgriminated against you, me or anybody else than that would be a double standard. But it doesn't.

What does this browser do? It provides links to African-American or "black" related links built in.

There is no discrimination here. I or you could download and use this browser without fear of reprisal.

If you think a white browser would be considered racist and that's the double standard, find me one and the find me the racism talks.

Fat chance.

The only way you'll see a so called double standard is if a "black browser" linked to anti-white and discriminatory websites and there was no outcry. But guess what, this browser doesn't do that.

How can you possibly say

lowing wrote:

it is racist when white people do it and not acceptable.
and then provide no examples of this ever happening? You have a problem with black radio stations because if there were white radio stations it would be racist?

There is nothing stopping a white person from listening to a black centric radio station and vice-versa. If there is, I'd be glad to take back everything I've just said and tell you your right on everything.

But there is no double standard here, no outcry of this being racist because it isn't racist. It's a browser that provides links built in to the browser that does nothing more than provide a service to African-American web users.

Your looking for a double standard here because you want to find one. Your looking for a double standard here so you can say "ha, they are racist so you can't say that I am any worse."

Your think you've found some sort of smoking gun because a browser has a helpful feature to those who are African-American. Your little rant about black magazines, black radio and black browsers is astonishing. There is no double standard here because this black media doesn't segregate and doesn't push forward an anti-white sentiment or agenda. If it did it would be deserving of calls for racism and you wouldn't see the illusion of double standard that you think you do.
anyone else wanna side with young skywalker here, in his belief that it is accepted that no double standard exists in America with regards to race?
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lewl It's a stupid idea.

I mentioned it in Computer Science class the other day. Every black dude thought it was a dumb idea.

What's lulzy is that apparently, searching "Barack Obama" on Firefox gets you results from Wiki and his campaign site etc, while searching for it on Blackbird gets you results from AOL and BET. Fail.

@Aussie Chainsaw, they aren't really black-only. They're called HBCUs, Historically Black Colleges and Universities. They historically had a high enrollment of black students, or were one of the first schools to admit blacks back in the days of segregation. Whites, asians, and hispanics can attend too. It's just that they've got a high percentage of black students. And just like how minorities tend to want to attend schools with racial diversity, whites also want to attend schools with racial diversity. So most don't apply to HBCUs.

As to address your other points:

White TV - is there really any demand for this? Hell, half the blacks I know don't watch BET. I think everyone likes watching Jack Bauer kill terrorists be they white, black, brown, whatever.

White Miss America pageants - Not needed, black beauty pageants aren't really needed but whatever. I think the 2006 winner of Miss USA was black. Dear god she's beautiful.

White magazines - Black magazines seem to be about rap and hip hop, so I guess Rolling Stone is a white magazine (maybe Car and Driver as well)

White charities - Never heard of a black charity...

White colleges - Ivy Leagues. Predominantly white. Just like HBCUs are predominantly black.

White govt assistance - Huh?

White history month - Let's just get rid of them all and make a "World Culture Month"

White holidays - President's Day, Columbus Day...

White associations and clubs - Once again, if there were a huge demand for them they'd probably exist. I'm hispanic and white and frankly I've never felt the need to join an affinity club at my school. The more we classify and divide ourselves by race and descent, the more we'll be divided by racial lines.

And whoever mentioned black radio - Considering the black radio I've listened to is a mix of humor and hip hop / rap, DC101 is basically white radio since it's got humor and rock. Again, that's playing off of stereotypes.

Finally, don't end affirmative action until I get into college kthx.
Nope no demand for white TV. What do you suppose the reaction would be if whites only TV was started up?

Nope, no demand for White miss AMerica. I pose the same question as above.

Nope, not car and driver, unless you intend to name it CAR and WHITE DRIVER... If so, I again pose the same question as above.

Never heard of a black charity?  Does the United Negro College FUnd ring a bell? If so would a United WHite College Fund pass scrutiny?

Google "black colleges" see the list.........then google white "colleges" and compare.........enough said about that

Minority Aid. Govt programs exclusively for minorities look them up

No history months honoring "white" history and achievment. Again, would such a month go unchallenged?

Presidents Day and Columus Day are not white holidays. Especially after Obama is sworn in, Niether is MLK day for that matter. Kwanza however is a black holiday. Look it up as to how and why it came to be. THe date of it is also unpurpose. Would a holiday invented for the same reasons for whites be considered ok?

Now be honest with me and yourself. WOuld ANY of these things be considered racist? Or would they be acceptable by our society?
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6198

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

The more we classify and divide ourselves by race and descent, the more we'll be divided by racial lines.
Exactly..  +1
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

I am perplexed. How on one hand Black people can complain about not living in an inclusive society yet continue to create exclusive stuff.

On the other hand, this is not the entire black populous of American clubbing together to create this browser. Its a handful of ppl.

Lowing you have a habit of tarring everyone with the same brush.............Some white guys create the KKK. Doesn't mean every white person has a hand in its creation.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
I'm glad the blacks have their own web browser, damn inferiors on my Internetz. Keep them away, segregation ftw.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

The more we classify and divide ourselves by race and descent, the more we'll be divided by racial lines.
Exactly..  +1
This shit really bugs me but we have to live with it, I don't discriminate against blacks but they discriminate against themselves. Completely unnecessary to have a black web browser, the only reason I could think of would be to stick it to the white man but that would be racist
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

lowing wrote:

the big question....could you tell me about these clubs existance without googling for them? OR did you just go fishing and hope ya caught one?

These are not whites only clubs. They are nationality clubs.

Black is not a nation, in fact Africa is not a nation. Not to mention the fact that probably 99.9 % of all "African-Americans" have never been there.
the fuck are you talking about?  i was simply responding to this.

Wreckognize wrote:

Not like us whites label ourselves as Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, or anything like that.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6487|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

WHITE POWER!!

But on a serious note, their is a double standard here in America. Gotta love it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina
Blackbird...  sponsored by KFC.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF
https://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo196/cam__my/Nigggaaaazzzz.jpg
lol

/ontopic.

I don't have a problem with a black web browser, as long as what you say about it linking to black sites is true.

All those who say that having a black web browser is discriminatory evidently have their heads stuck in the 50's.

You (America) Now have a black President and if that isn't a breakthrough in segregation then I don't know what is.

I just hope it doesn't link to anything like this

Last edited by SirSchloppy (2008-12-14 09:55:29)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5999|The Mitten

.Sup wrote:

Its okay for blacks to say "this is a browser for black people" but its not okay for whites to say "this browser is for white people only.
You kinda answered your own point. Blackbird is aimed at the black community, but doesn't say non-blacks can't use it, you don't need an NAACP card to get it, where as Whites Only signifies exclusivity... you MUST be this ---> pale to use.
EE (hats
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF

.Sup wrote:

You have two different statements there, the blacks aren't saying this is a browser for black people only

If that was the case then there is a case of racism.

I see racism as a community or creed trying to be exclusive, and disallowing another colour to join in.

Because of the fact that white supremacy was rife up until the 60's, it is unanimously frowned upon when there is hatred towards blacks in this day and age, but when black people try and do the same (albeit in the form of a web browser) there isn't as much of a problem, and I think this needs to be addressed, regardless of the way that the racism is being pointed, it's still racism, and should be dealt with equally.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Damn, I didn't want to write "only", I really didn't. Was so careful I didn't write only at the end "this is a browser for black people" but obviously I wasn't careful enough not to put that word at the end of "this browser is for white people".
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5999|The Mitten

.Sup wrote:

Damn, I didn't want to write "only", I really didn't. Was so careful I didn't write only at the end "this is a browser for black people" but obviously I wasn't careful enough not to put that word at the end of "this browser is for white people".
ok.  Yea, i guess that changes your message.
Well, now you see how important words really are
EE (hats
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Marketing keeps the racial divide strong in the untied states.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard