specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills
Press ups in a minute : 60

Pull ups total : 25

Sit ups in a minute : 40, I ran out of time before I felt tired at all... I dont know how to do them faster.

1.5 mile time : I have no idea, about 3 years ago I did a mile and got 6:30... but thats when I played soccer a lot more.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
Jord you are a fatboy. I will put my info when I wake up.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

specops10-4 wrote:

Sit ups in a minute : 40, I ran out of time before I felt tired at all... I dont know how to do them faster.

1.5 mile time : I have no idea, about 3 years ago I did a mile and got 6:30... but thats when I played soccer a lot more.
As soon as your shoulders hit the floor surge up right away, like it's hot or something...

Also try to fully extend your arms on pull ups, you shouldn't be getting more than 20, unless you take roids or something

Oh and on press ups if you're going down, chest to floor, that's a great score!
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫
chinups 32
3KM in 12min

rest dono now need to time that
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5763|Belgium
I've bought this Fitness membership for a year, 6 months later, haven't gone a single fucking time. Nice waste of money.

I need more motivation ;(
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills

jord wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

As soon as your shoulders hit the floor surge up right away, like it's hot or something...

Also try to fully extend your arms on pull ups, you shouldn't be getting more than 20, unless you take roids or something

Oh and on press ups if you're going down, chest to floor, that's a great score!
I'm damn short (5'4") and I workout pretty much everyday...  Being short makes pull-ups and pushups a lot easier.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6492|Connecticut
6' 4"  250 lbs

Pull ups- 16
Push ups- ? Dunno, I stop at 100. Probably have a dozen left in me tops.
Sit ups- I do inverted crunches for 5 minutes, I don't count (prob 50 or 60)
Run- My best time ever was in the Corps (17:52), now I dont time myself but it is definitely more than 20 minutes, less thn 23.   

I have been working out 3 times a week for the last 12 years and I honestly have no clue what I bench press today. I focus mainly on being fit and chisled rather than looking like a 'roid experiment.
Malloy must go
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
I have a feeling a lot of you are full of shit. I have been doing pullups almost every day for about a year, and it is fucking HARD to get 15 in a row. Stop doing it like a pussy or quit lying. I'm 5'10", 140 lbs.
specops10-4
+108|6742|In the hills

phishman420 wrote:

I have a feeling a lot of you are full of shit. I have been doing pullups almost every day for about a year, and it is fucking HARD to get 15 in a row. Stop doing it like a pussy or quit lying. I'm 5'10", 140 lbs.
I'm built like a little gymnast, I can do lots of reps but not a ton of weight.  I weight 135 lbs. and I'm 5'4".

I also worked out with actual Navy SEALs for a day, damn can they do a shitload of push ups/chin ups!

Last edited by specops10-4 (2008-12-14 07:42:41)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

phishman420 wrote:

nah, it's basically a bit of a trade-off. in exchange for being shorter than a weiner dog, you get superhuman pullup skills
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
Youtube of you doing 25 pullups in a row with your arms all the way out, palms facing forward, and going all the way down and all the way up or GTFO.
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

phishman420 wrote:

I have been doing them since my Marine Corps days 12 years ago and I am not full of shit. Palms forward (back and shoulders) 16, palms inwards (biceps) I can do 12. There is such a thing as a fit 30 year old ya know.
Malloy must go
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

deeznutz1245 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

I have been doing them since my Marine Corps days 12 years ago and I am not full of shit. Palms forward (back and shoulders) 16, palms inwards (biceps) I can do 12. There is such a thing as a fit 30 year old ya know.
Thanks for proving my point. I was referring to the people who say they can do > 20.
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

phishman420 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Thanks for proving my point. I was referring to the people who say they can do > 20.
Well there was a time when I could. In the Marines but that was when we did them every day and I probably will never see those days again. I exercise 3 times a week still but 20 pull ups would take a LOT of dedication to just pull ups and honestly I probably couldnt get there again. I would say I am in great shape and I struggle for my 16.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut
btw, palms forward is easier because the weight is distributed through out your back, rather than your biceps with your palms inwards. It seems harder because the motion is counter intuative to the normal motions of your arms in relation to your center mass, but once you get used to it palms forward is easier.
Malloy must go
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

deeznutz1245 wrote:

btw, palms forward is easier because the weight is distributed through out your back, rather than your biceps with your palms inwards. It seems harder because the motion is counter intuative to the normal motions of your arms in relation to your center mass, but once you get used to it palms forward is easier.
My biceps are a lot stronger than my shoulders, though. My 17 were half-down, full down I could probably manage 8-10 tops. When the marines come though with their pull-up bar, they say to go half. My dad, who was in the airforce, says it's full down, palms outwards.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680
I disagree. I can do more with my palms facing me than with my falms facing forward. Maybe that's because I also do a lot of curls?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6459|UK
I can do about 10 palms out, palms in I dunno but they are so much easier. I'm going to see how many press up's I can do in a minute tomorrow I'm still feeling a little rough. What about dips then does anyone do them here? I actually don't count my pull-ups or dips I just do them until I can't possibly get another one out.
Simon
basically
+838|6657|UK
Pretty sure all of these people with amazing pullups/min etc either have shit technique or are just bs'ing
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

phishman420 wrote:

I disagree. I can do more with my palms facing me than with my falms facing forward. Maybe that's because I also do a lot of curls?
Well, you also only weigh 140 lbs don't forget.  I am long and weigh 250 lbs so there is much more weight to move, and a greater distance to move it rather than distributing weight through my back and shoulders which means my muscles won't fatigue as fast. I gurantee you if you practiced going palms forward you could do more. Like I said, it SEEMS harder but once you get used to working your back more you will do more. Also, remember that most guys don't work their back or legs. When I first started lifting I was all about bi's, tri's, chest and abs so I could get laid more. When I started getting more serious I realized that legs and back are so crucial to a total fit body. Once you get your back strong and lean every thing else kind of falls into place.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut
Back and soulders tip:

-Find out what your max weight is for 10 shrugs

- minus 50 lbs from that and do 20 shrugs

- stop, add 5 lbs and do 19 shrugs

- add 5 lbs, do 18

- etc, keep adding 5 and do one less until you down to your last shrug

- Do the last shrug with your max weight and HOLD it as long as you can.

- Intense, you should be burning and if you do that routine twice a week you will have great shoulder strength in a few months.
Malloy must go
phishman420
Banned
+821|5680

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Back and soulders tip:

- add 5 lbs, do 18

- Intense, you should be burning and if you do that routine twice a week you will have great shoulder strength in a few months.
I only have 30 lb. dumbbells.
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

MadKatter wrote:

My biceps are a lot stronger than my shoulders, though. .
See, thats my point. A lot of guys mostly work their arms. Don't get me wrong theres nothing wrong with it, especially if you lift to look good and stay marginaly fit. If you want power and to be explosive and dominating during a fight you HAVE to work your back. Look at those UFC guys. Sure they have ripped arms but their backs are ridiculous. Your power comes from your center mass. Many martial arts are based on the principle of utilizing your center mass, as well as your opponents against them. If a tiny man can whoop your ass because he knows Aikido imagine what you could do with that same knowledege PLUS power. Work your back boys.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6492|Connecticut

phishman420 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Back and soulders tip:

- add 5 lbs, do 18

I only have 30 lb. dumbbells.
Christmas is coming, ask for some weights maybe. Or a gym pass perhaps?
Malloy must go
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Back and soulders tip:

how
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard