dark110
+37|6623|Chicagoland
One teen gets popped and the country riots?

that happens here and it dosen't even make the 6 oclock news.
Now shure, murder'in kids is bad and all, but get real. This is European libral shit again.

Im not saying it ok, im saying that these people shouldnt be rioting over it. Its crazy. Why dose Europe always seem to be having riots about stuff like this.

plz

Last edited by dark110 (2008-12-09 13:56:41)

jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

dark110 wrote:

This is European libral shit again.
What the fuck?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
Pretty sure it's a troll.

Either that or this guy is seriously criticising public outcry against gun-use and bad policing... I guess in America that level of shittiness is the status quo. You say "European libral shit", I call it true democracy being practiced in the place that invented the concept.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-12-09 13:47:32)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
dark110
+37|6623|Chicagoland

Uzique wrote:

Either that or this guy is seriously criticising public outcry against gun-use and bad policing... I guess in America that level of shittiness is the status quo. You say "European libral shit", I call it true democracy being practiced in the place that invented the concept.
Well i call it nagging.
jord
Probably going by his karma.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD
Greece is to Europe as Virginia is to the South
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jord

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

If we ignore the troll he might go away.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

dark110 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Well i call it nagging.
I'm sure the Greeks apologize for their unwillingness to simply lie down and let the instated authority abuse their power and act as they please.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

... What?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

dark110 wrote:

Sad isn't it when murder is just part of normal life.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-12-09 13:54:24)

dark110
+37|6623|Chicagoland
Im not saying it ok, im saying that these people shouldnt be rioting over it. Its crazy. Why dose Europe always seem to be having riots about stuff like this.

Last edited by dark110 (2008-12-09 13:56:55)

jord

dark110 wrote:

Im not saying it ok, im saying that these people shouldnt be rioting ove it. It crazy. I rather live in a dangerous city full of killers that one where thers a riot every time someone messes up. Why do European countryd always seem to be haing riots about stuff like this.
We don't. You must just be googling "European riots" to troll on random forums every few weeks... Plus the fact that Europe is a CONTINENT. Of different cultures, languages and people. It's like me just saying "Oh noez another murder in America" because some gang killed someone in Mexico one week and the same happened a week before in Detroit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

dark110 wrote:

What else are you supposed to do when the system you voted for and you instated, fails you?

I guess you'd sit back and whine about it on a video-game Forum... whereas those pesky European "librals" are out doing something about it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Uzique wrote:

Rioting ≠ Democracy

Granted, rioting is sometimes a legitimate response to governmental abuse.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Rioting ≠ Democracy

I absolutely agree with Uzi on this. Sadly Turq this is one of those times...

and btw

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

wth does that mean?
ƒ³
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Rioting ≠ Democracy

Rioting and protest are some of best forms of demcracy at work, sometimes...

Cromwell knew best that you cannot reform and create change in a flawed system through talking and legislation, he was more interested in the realpolitik. To be fair if the system that 'represents' you is flawed and fails to respond to public outcry and demand, what else are you going to do? Take to the streets, organize, protest and riot... the French do this all the time, and it has effectively brought about a lot of social reform and legal change. It seems to be more effective than bitching about it over talk-shows on Fox anyway...
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Rioting ≠ Democracy

Cromwell knew best that you cannot reform and create change in a flawed system through talking and legislation, he was more interested in the realpolitik. To be fair if the system that 'represents' you is flawed and fails to respond to public outcry and demand, what else are you going to do? Take to the streets, organize, protest and riot... the French do this all the time, and it has effectively brought about a lot of social reform and legal change. It seems to be more effective than bitching about it over talk-shows on Fox anyway...
Isn't Cromwell the same guy who basically murdered a bunch of Irish people?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Australia has had exactly the same sort of violence, although it was far more localised than what your seeing in Greece.

2004 Redfern Riots

followed by

2005 Macquarie Fields Riots

Both were the result of young deaths during police action. Not a result of shooting, but during pursuit. Both were in poor income areas where anti-police sentiment is fairly high. The result is that you have these people riot against the police blaming them for the deaths.

Greece is different in that the anti-police sentiment is more widespread and the rioting as a result is far larger.

Your right Uzique, it is something that the French are known for doing. Riots like this certainly bring attention to the cause and often gain support.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Rioting ≠ Democracy

Yes but he's actually seen as quite the reformer and a decent chappy, by and large... depending on your political stance and class...

His reformation and Interregnum rule can be criticized in the same way the Founding Fathers and their establishment of the USA can be criticized- some people had to die somewhere!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

dark110 wrote:

One teen gets popped and the country riots?

Now shure, murder'in kids is bad and all, but get real. This is European libral shit again.

plz
I'm guessing you're about 14-16 years old?

I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just basing this opinion on your grammatical technique and your grossly uninformed opinions. Try looking up the dictionary definition of liberal, I don't think you'll find any references to violence or rioting. What's going on in Greece is unique and relative only to Greece, I can't see why you would tar the entire continent with one brush... it would be like me talking about how racist all Baltimore people are after watching the film Mississippi Burning. Greece has always had a tacit tug of war between left-wing and right-wing thinking and the hardline, right-wing approach of many police officials has been a flashpoint in this regard. If you combine Greece's corruption problem along with the fact that the place in which this murder happened has traditionally been a hotbed for anarchist and extreme left-wing thinking you can begin to see how things might have gotten so out of control so quickly. It appears many Greek people have had enough and are using this as an excuse to make their opinions known.

My Greek colleague at work is a very moderate individual and even he attended a protest at the Greek embassy last night so although the violence and trouble may be the result of a hooligan element the sentiment seems to be reaching across the board.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Uzique wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Yes but he's actually seen as quite the reformer and a decent chappy, by and large... depending on your political stance and class...

His reformation and Interregnum rule can be criticized in the same way the Founding Fathers and their establishment of the USA can be criticized- some people had to die somewhere!
Thankfully my ancestors on my father's side made it out of one of the many churches he burnt down and escaped to county Donegal... otherwise you wouldn't be enjoying my fabulous posts right now!
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I would doubt he's seen so positively by the Irish.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

yep.  euros act like they are so sophisticated.  yet they have riots like this.  in italy a couple years ago, they did not allow fans in the stadium of some football matches.  ya, real sophisticated.  lulz.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

usmarine wrote:

yep.  euros act like they are so sophisticated.  yet they have riots like this.  in italy a couple years ago, they did not allow fans in the stadium of some football matches.  ya, real sophisticated.  lulz.
It's not about sophistication or civility, it's about practising real democracy... as opposed to bending over and being shafted by an elite elected minority.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Uzique wrote:

usmarine wrote:

It's not about sophistication or civility, it's about practising real democracy... as opposed to bending over and being shafted by an elite elected minority.
like a dutch cartoon riot?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472

usmarine wrote:

Uzique wrote:

usmarine wrote:

like a dutch cartoon riot?
No?

Religious uproar =/= demonstrations in the name of a political ideology.

It's like comparing killing a terrorist in Iraq to shooting a black gang member on the streets of St.Louis. Same act, completely non-related.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard