Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Braddock you trying to make elephant out of fly. No need to have a big brain to understand that when i said im Russian i meant that i am Russian jew who immigrated to Israel.
You are a RUSSIAN Jew... what business have you going to the Middle East?

How does a Jew from Russia have more right to land than a Palestinian from Palestine?
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Braddock you trying to make elephant out of fly. No need to have a big brain to understand that when i said im Russian i meant that i am Russian jew who immigrated to Israel.

How does a Jew from Russia have more right to land than a Palestinian from Palestine?
Exactly the same business as Irish have to Ireland. Exactly!

Jews didn't decide to go to Russia or any other place were they found themselves.
rdx-fx
+955|6599

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Because Israel is an actual State.  Palestine is, at best, a proposed state.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
They cold be exactly the same state as Israel today, if back then in 1948 they wern't rejecting the two state solution. BTW which give the twice more land then they want now.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Exactly the same business as Irish have to Ireland. Exactly!

Jews didn't decide to go to Russia or any other place were they found themselves.
I'm afraid Lisik that if all the Irish-Americans in America wanted to come back to their homeland now it would just not be feasible... just as it was not feasible for Israel to declare a country in the middle of Palestine. Every single Jew in the middle East was not driven out buy force Lisik, the Jews that have lived there for many, many generations have every right to be there but some Jew from some far-flung corner of the world does not have a God-given right to live there at the expense of others.

Supposing I went to a bar and sat and enjoyed a pint of beer in a nice comfy chair in the corner. Suppose that after finishing my drink I asked for a Glenfiddich whiskey but the barman said they don't stock Glenfiddich whiskey and I decide to go out into the street to find a nearby pub that does stock my preferred choice of whiskey. Suppose that several hours and many whiskies later I decide to go back to the original bar for another beer because I liked my original seat so much but find someone else sitting in my seat enjoying a drink of their own... what should I do?

...and suppose the guy sitting in the seat is a Canaanite! Then I'd really be in trouble!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

rdx-fx wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Because Israel is an actual State.  Palestine is, at best, a proposed state.
So a person from Russia has more right to live in the holy land than a person from the holy land? The justification being that Palestinian statehood has been successfully suppressed (largely thanks to the occupying Israeli regime and the unconditional support it receives from the US and its veto powers at the UN)?

Unbelievable.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
Tell, you what, try to rewrite the history? Jews was forced by Romans from Israel, and the land was renamed to Palestine. While Irish left Ireland to search a better life.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

They cold be exactly the same state as Israel today, if back then in 1948 they wern't rejecting the two state solution. BTW which give the twice more land then they want now.
I may be very much on the offensive against you in this thread but I do actually believe in a two-state solution. Israel should be allowed to exist in my opinion but as an Irish Republican I understand the Palestinian cause and can understand why they would have opposed the original UN resolution for an Israeli state - I disagree with nations being drawn on a map merely because enough people flock into a region; this is not an anti-semitic thing, I feel equally as opposed to the recognition of Kosovo - In hindsight though it looks like the Palestinians should have grabbed it with both hands.
rdx-fx
+955|6599

Braddock wrote:

So a person from Russia has more right to live in the holy land than a person from the holy land? The justification being that Palestinian statehood has been successfully suppressed (largely thanks to the occupying Israeli regime and the unconditional support it receives from the US and its veto powers at the UN)?

Unbelievable.
No.

A Russian Jew has the right to Israeli citizenship, due to the State of Israel legally offering citizenship to Hebrews.
(not certain of the details and qualifications, but that's the general overview)

And, it was (as mentioned above) the Palestinians own damn fault for rejecting the 1948 deal.  Now they don't have a state.

I'm not going to waste anymore time on yet another Israel-bashing thread.

Israel exists.  Through hard lessons learned during the last few thousand years, and especially from bitter lessons learned during World War 2 - Israel is going to defend itself as it sees fit.  Opinions of continental europeans & anti-Israeli Arabs be damned.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2008-12-16 07:26:23)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Tell, you what, try to rewrite the history? Jews was forced by Romans from Israel, and the land was renamed to Palestine. While Irish left Ireland to search a better life.
So your solution is to force Palestinians who had nothing to do with this from their land? Nice.

I have bad news for you Lisik, the Romans aren't around to give you any reparations payments and you can't use ancient history to justify the persecution of modern day Palestinians who had nothing to do with your troubled past. What would you do if the Canaanites showed up?
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

rdx-fx wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Unbelievable.
No.

A Russian Jew has the right to Israeli citizenship, due to the State of Israel legally offering citizenship to Hebrews.
(not certain of the details and qualifications, but that's the general overview)

And, it was (as mentioned above) the Palestinians own damn fault for rejecting the 1948 deal.  Now they don't have a state.
I know all about the law of return and I don't agree with it, it's completely sectarian and only serves to consolidate Israel's grip on the region (and in particular the occupied territories). The same thing was done in Ulster in my country and the effects are still felt today. What if apartheid South Africa had made a law allowing all white people to come and settle in South Africa, would that have been cool?

Suppose Mexicans invaded your hometown, drove you and your family out and issued an open invitation to any Mexicans who would like to take over your land.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

So your solution is to force Palestinians who had nothing to do with this from their land? Nice.

I have bad news for you Lisik, the Romans aren't around to give you any reparations payments and you can't use ancient history to justify the persecution of modern day Palestinians who had nothing to do with your troubled past. What would you do if the Canaanites showed up?
Again. If Palestinians weren't rejecting two state solution, and starting the war against Jews, Jews weren't whooping their asses off. And all this exodus weren't happening.

All what they were needed to do is to recognize the right for Jewish state to exist.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Again. If Palestinians weren't rejecting two state solution, and starting the war against Jews, Jews weren't whooping their asses off. And all this exodus weren't happening.

All what they were needed to do is to recognize the right for Jewish state to exist.
Would Israel immediately surrender some of its land if the Canaanites suddenly showed up looking to return to their spiritual homeland?
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
Sure, why not.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Sure, why not.
I can trace my lineage back to the Canaanites... when can I move in?
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
Yesterday.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

Yesterday.
Cool, make some space as I'll be requiring everything from Lebanon to the brook of Egypt. I'll be having some mates come to stay too.. they're not real Canaanites, they're 'converts' but they have just as much right to come too i reckon.
Lisik
+74|6508|Israel
You trying to be funny or something? If so, im off. Will go to play some Fallout 3 better. Cya.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

Lisik wrote:

You trying to be funny or something? If so, im off. Will go to play some Fallout 3 better. Cya.
Just pointing out the absurdity of believing one has the right to move to a place and live there on the grounds of ancient historical or ethnic reasons, that's all.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6550|Texas - Bigger than France
So Brad, the state of Israel is illegal?

I thought it was developed due to a concession from losing a war...

And to add:
Just pointing out the absurdity of believing one has the right to move to a place and live there on the grounds of ancient historical or ethnic reasons, that's all.

What side were you talking about there?  Kind of blurred and arguable at the moment right?

Last edited by Pug (2008-12-16 09:58:23)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6673|NT, like Mick Dundee

Braddock wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Brilliant. Just fucking great.

I wanted to ask him about Jerusalem and where abouts in Russia his family emmigrated from and when they emmigrated.

And you pissed him off with sarcasm.

Tell you what though, it's gotta be shit being Israeli sometimes.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-12-16 10:30:34)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6206

Flecco wrote:

Tell you what though, it's gotta be shit being Israeli sometimes.
Just imagine being a Palestinian.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

rdx-fx wrote:

Opinions of continental europeans & anti-Israeli Arabs be damned.
You do realize that Braddock lives in Ireland, which isn't part of continental Europe.

If you're going to make an arrogant and baseless statement, at least get the geography right.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6413|North Carolina

Flecco wrote:

And you pissed him off with sarcasm.
Well, Lisik does a good job of pissing off a lot of people with his self-righteousness, so I suppose it's fair that Braddock smacked him around a bit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

its attack the jew thread.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard