Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6732
Is this going to be WW3?

The IDF is drawing up options for a strike on Iranian nuclear facilities that do not include coordination with the United States, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Several news reports have claimed recently that US President George W. Bush has refused to give Israel a green light for an attack on Iranian facilities. One such report, published in September in Britain's Guardian newspaper, claimed that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert requested a green light to attack Iran in May but was refused by Bush.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? … 2FShowFull
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

Doesn't Iran have a defence treaty with Russia?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6168|what

Israel attacks Iran, and the whole of the Eastern world will move on Israel. Bush was right to deny them the green light, warmongers.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6571
Attack Iran, kiss goodbye to Iranian oil. It will be a victory for China and Russia.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-12-04 02:03:51)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6535|Πάϊ
Why is Israel asking permission from the US and not say... the UN?   lol
ƒ³
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6732
I don't think there will be too many winners if this happens...
Love is the answer
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6535|Πάϊ
that's for sure
ƒ³
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6680|NT, like Mick Dundee

oug wrote:

Why is Israel asking permission from the US and not say... the UN?   lol
1) The US basically controls the UN, though with China's growing influence it is loosing some of that control.

2) If it all goes to shit the USA will bail them out, the UN wont.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5877
attack Iran and watch Iraq turn into hell

skip to 6 minutes

If israel attacks iran lets hope Iran wipes them off the map, enough is enough, zionazism must be destroyed

Last edited by rammunition (2008-12-04 03:09:57)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA
Good luck with that. Iran will be begging for someone to pull Israel off of them within a month
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5877

lowing wrote:

Good luck with that. Iran will be begging for someone to pull Israel off of them within a month
the mighty Russians!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ26Ak06.html
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

rammunition wrote:

lowing wrote:

It would have to be someone because Israel will have no problem kicking the ever lovin' shit out of Iran.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX
If it happens most likely Iraq, and the rest of the ME, will erupt.
US forces in Iraq could be cut off.
Have fun guys.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6571

lowing wrote:

rammunition wrote:

lowing wrote:

It would have to be someone because Israel will have no problem kicking the ever lovin' shit out of Iran.
Yeah they did great against Hisb'allah in the recent Lebanon conflict ....
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6611|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Yeah they did great against Hisb'allah in the recent Lebanon conflict ....
Hezbollah and the Iranian Army are two different forces. Hezbollah lacks the fire power to take Israel on directly (indirectly however they do have a chance) wheras Iran actually has a standing army complete with tanks, aircraft, trained infantry, long range missiles etc etc etc...

Israel would probably kick the shit out of Iran, but not before Syria, Lebanon and other ME nations got involved and moved into Israel. Not to mention the West Bank and the Gaza Strip would go absolutely fucking nuts. US can't help, we look too much like douchebags in the ME anyways.

If Iran has this defense pact with Russia it could ignite a world war.

Israel attacks Iran, Russia sweeps in to help Iran, other ME nations move in on Israel, European nations see what Russia is doing and helps out (EU has been on the fritz with Russia lately due to the shows of force by the Russian Navy and Airforce) US Has to help out the EU by then and China helps out Russia igniting a massive and destructive World War with possible use of small or (god help us) large nukes.. This is all speculation of course, im only going by what i dig up in the news.

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2008-12-04 04:19:26)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6571
I don't think Russia are going to do anything militarily quite frankly. There are too many influential Jewish people in Russia, the most famous being Roman Abramovich.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6306|Éire
Israel would do great if they kept the attack to a limited number of air strikes because they have great firepower and technology for that sort of offensive but I don't think Iran would lie down and take that kind of bitch slap from the Israelis. If it came to any kind of extended conflict with warfare on the ground the Israelis would be in trouble, they proved how overhyped they are in their recent sortie into the Lebanon.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6662
I hope they attack. It's been way too long since the last world war. I'm getting bored.

Actually even if they did attack a world war wouldn't happen anyways.
san4
The Mas
+311|6704|NYC, a place to live

Braddock wrote:

Israel would do great if they kept the attack to a limited number of air strikes because they have great firepower and technology for that sort of offensive but I don't think Iran would lie down and take that kind of bitch slap from the Israelis. If it came to any kind of extended conflict with warfare on the ground the Israelis would be in trouble, they proved how overhyped they are in their recent sortie into the Lebanon.
QFT. No one will do anything more than a limited airstrike on Iran because a full-scale invasion would be too big an undertaking. On the other hand, a limited airstrike would probably be pointless as well. If Iran has any sense, it has built much of its nuculear weapons program in places that are not easily hit from the air.

I don't think anyone is going to do anything violent against Iran anytime soon.
san4
The Mas
+311|6704|NYC, a place to live

rammunition wrote:

If israel attacks iran lets hope Iran wipes them off the map, enough is enough, zionazism must be destroyed
I agree with rammunition. If Israel carries out an airstrike on Iranian nuclear weapons facilities, a fair penalty would be for all Israeli children and their parents to die.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6397|the land of bourbon
the reason iran shouldn't have nuclear weapons is because they will use them to attack israel, and not as a deterrent.  that is the only reason the other countries who have nukes are not under intense international pressure.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5877

steelie34 wrote:

the reason iran shouldn't have nuclear weapons is because they will use them to attack israel, and not as a deterrent.  that is the only reason the other countries who have nukes are not under intense international pressure.
IRAN WANTS NUCLEAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oil prices are going down, the world wants an alternative and the oil rich countries need to adapt to these changes, and that alternative is NUCLEAR POWER!!!!!!

READ THIS LINK

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008 … lear_N.htm

the more you look at the EVIDENCE and not propaganda you realise Iran wants the technology, not weapons.
I agree with rammunition. If Israel carries out an airstrike on Iranian nuclear weapons facilities, a fair penalty would be for all Israeli children and their parents to die.
i am glad you agree

Last edited by rammunition (2008-12-04 07:34:12)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6616|132 and Bush

If Israel was going to attack Iran you probably wont hear about it beforehand (Syria comes to mind). How many times have we heard that the US was going in to Iran? Rumor mongers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6558|Texas - Bigger than France

rammunition wrote:

Just because they want Power doesn't mean they don't want Bomb.

There's a system set up to get nuclear power, even help for nations who want it.  So why not work within the system?
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6397|the land of bourbon

rammunition wrote:

NUCLEAR POWER!!!!!!
lol ok... explain why they refused cooperation on building nuclear plants with russian help.  oh right, if you're researching weapons and want to keep them secret, you don't cooperate with other people, and least of all tell the media.  dont be so naive.

Pug wrote:

rammunition wrote:

Just because they want Power doesn't mean they don't want Bomb.

There's a system set up to get nuclear power, even help for nations who want it.  So why not work within the system?
exactly my point

and keep in mind iran is the one who keeps saying "its ok for other countries to have nuclear weapons, but tell us we cant develop nuclear energy."  they need to find a better argument if they don't want people to think they are up to something.

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-12-04 07:57:20)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard