csmag
+92|6453|Canada

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

DCS: Black Shark  10/10

uber fuck realistic Ka-50 "Black Shark" Hokum gunship sim. Got it yesterday at Gamestop. I've been dieing for a super realistic flight sim other than Lock On. Full clickable cockpit is full of win and gold. Still haven't figured out how to use the weapon systems yet though.
I've had it since xmas and i completely agree! 10/10
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5938|CA
Resistance 2.  8.5 outta 10.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6536|Boston, MA
Bioshock - 9.5/10

I'm a little late to the party with this one. I always heard it was a great game and watched my friend play for a bit but from watching him, I wasn't too interested. I decided to give it a try anyway through Gamefly and am glad I did. It's by far the best single player FPS game for current gen systems.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6258|England
TF2  2/10
Absolute wank with this new class pack & other changes
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6349
Hl2 - Episode 2

7/10

Yeah, I know it´s old, but I jsut got the orangebox. Pretty entertaining so far, way better than Ep1.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Civilization 4 - An even 4/10.

Why that game has money and unit levels I don't know, because none of it makes the slightest difference. Where the AI fails it makes up for in the fact that you have to attack with one unit at a time.

Fail.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
Just Cause 2 - 8.5/10
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6748|FUCK UBISOFT

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

It's by far the best single player FPS game for current gen systems.
high praise.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Also today:

Sins of a Solar Empire - 7/10

Would've given it more, but the tech screen wasn't really detailed, pirate factions were way too powerful (why don't they just start their own empire?) and the real time went by too quickly to pay much attention to anything but shooting pirates.

Left 4 Dead 2 - 9/10

Too bad Bill isn't in the crossing. My biggest problem with this game is the survivor repulsion mechanic. It's made to keep them from standing on the same spot, I know, but easy to override if everyone backs into one corner. Where this fails is on narrow ledges where you have to struggle not to fall off because someone nudged you over.

Company of Heroes - 9/10

I love the cover mechanism, for infantry, and how they automatically seek it. There's still a few problems, but it is a huge improvement for the RTS genre, and still a better title (imo) than Dawn of War 2. I wish infantry would automatically take cover in buildings and that I could set a 'wimpy' mode that forces them to retreat under certain conditions low numbers or low health. Poor pathing AI leads to traffic jams, which remain the larges bane of this game, and are probably the reason few people want to PvP in maps with bridges. Though the community has longed for Soviet and Imperial Japanese factions, it hasn't happened. Tales of Valor isn't that bad of an expansion pack, but it didn't add nearly as much as the first expansion.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-16 22:44:45)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5515|America
Supreme Commander 2: 9/10 Totally awesome game. I hated that it took fucking ages to play the first one. The pace is nice and quick now. More C&C style almost. The unit diversity is incredible. (I mean ffs the cybran have a walking navy!) One of the finer details I loved is the ability to zoom and in and out so far. You can clean out the barrel of your tanks or watch the entire map from the sky. Fighting multi front wars with so many units on this scale should be a crime it's so awesome.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
world of warcraft 9/10 would play again
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6136|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

world of warcraft 9/10 would play again
if it worked
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
im pretty sure the only person it doesn't work for is you

13 million others seem to be doing fine

read: l2 google search and fix your computer
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6136|Carnoustie MASSIF

Uzique wrote:

im pretty sure the only person it doesn't work for is you

13 million others seem to be doing fine

read: l2 google search and fix your computer
gonna reformat tonight. some other problems have occurred recently so time for a fresh install
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6587|SE London

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why that game has money and unit levels I don't know, because none of it makes the slightest difference. Where the AI fails it makes up for in the fact that you have to attack with one unit at a time.

Fail.
Sounds like someone is rubbish at Civ....

(one of the best strategy games of all time - 9.8/10)

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-05-17 12:36:04)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Bertster7 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Fail.
Sounds like someone is rubbish at Civ....

(one of the best strategy games of all time - 9.8/10)
Rubbish nothing.

Finished the campaign at the top with no effort. Makes no sense having George Washington lead a 6000 year old civilization from its infancy. Makes no sense having the United States be 6000 years old. The AI doesn't make any sense and is stupid. Unit stacks that attack one at a time are stupid. Diplomacy is over-simplified. Unit experience is irrelevant. Upgrades make no sense. There's no way my unupgraded knights could have taken out an ATTACK HELICOPTER. Uninstalled and went back to Europa Universalis 3. I've heard Civ3 was better, and am willing to give it a try.

Basically, the game's vast scope exceeded the developer's willingness to iterate detail. I sat down looking forward to a nice tribal stage with that tribal type of music I heard when I was setting up the game, and was promptly ushered into the next age. It reminded me of the abruptness of Spore.

But hey, I'm sorry for having a fucking opinion. If you want me to say something nice about it, I liked the music.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-17 15:44:31)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6387|the land of bourbon
just cause 2

5/10

boring
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5515|America

steelie34 wrote:

just cause 2

5/10

boring
Thanks man I was gonna buy that today. Glad I didn't now. What was so bad about it?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

Blade4509 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

just cause 2

5/10

boring
Thanks man I was gonna buy that today. Glad I didn't now. What was so bad about it?
Depends on who you talk to.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6387|the land of bourbon

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

just cause 2

5/10

boring
Depends on who you talk to.
well, first of all it's a console port, so the mouse control is absolutely awful.  i can't aim straight for shit, and i'm not wasting money on a gamepad.  second of all, it's the same thing over and over.  get mission, get guns, kill bad guys, get money.  rinse repeat.  bad guys never stop spawning, so it's pointless to even shoot at them.  just do the mission objective and run away. 

the good side are the graphics.  nice eye candy, explosions, and rag doll physics.  the grappling hook is fun for awhile, but you get bored with it.  once you pull off the epic stunts, there is no reason to do them again.  it's a solid rental for the console, but not worth the purchase.  i want my money back

Last edited by steelie34 (2010-05-17 17:45:21)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6371|California
warcraft 3 10/10
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

Portal 7/10 right now
Dookie0119
+43|5784
Dead Space - 9.5/10

Just started playing and really enjoying it. Environment is very nice imo