KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6772|949

Nice. Did you have to install a special charger or just plug and play?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6431|Washington St.
Me and the lady are contemplating adding a dedicated Level 2 charger to our garage. It should only be $2-3k since the fuse box is in the garage so adding an extra circuit a few feet away would be pretty simple for an electrician.

But since I drive so little, we're happy to get by with the included cable that charges off a normal 120V 20A outlet. It gets about 1% per hour of charge, but the car has a range of 250 or so miles so even if we max that out on the weekend, we have all week to let it sit and do its thing.

Adding the L2 in the garage would be convenient and potentially add the homes value (albeit slightly) so no major downside after the price, just need to get around to it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,812|6246|eXtreme to the maX
I don't know much about batteries but I do know charging strategy is key to maximising battery life.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6431|Washington St.
From what I heard, the slower the better. Yes not going above 85 and not below 15 is good, but I think if you constantly do ultra-mega-fast charging every time, that's not ideal. You want the slow trickle charge as often as you can, and it appears I'm forcing myself to have only that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,812|6246|eXtreme to the maX
Charging too slow shouldn't cause harm, but then I guess you're not going to charge it for 85-100 hours at a time so it will be in steps.
Charging below 85% or in steps can degrade performance - also charging to 85% too often can mean 85% is your new 100% and you lose that upper capacity.

Its very dependent on your actual battery, the design, chemistry etc.
Probably the latest batteries are better but then as soon as an improvement is made the cost is cut and you're in a worse position than when you started.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+691|6431|Washington St.
Lets hope there's a computer built in to help me not overthink this

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard