Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

A new fucking dishwasher. Old dishwasher is only 2 years old. Replaced the sump pump and motor, the inlet valve, and blew out all the hoses and lines. Still wouldn't clean. FML
Did you check the actual drain?

I stripped and cleaned the whole dishwasher, there was a blockage in union between the drain hose and the drain.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
i've seen those photos lots before and i can't remember now if you showed them or whether i also encountered them through work.

kind of grotesque but also beautiful. the devil really is in the details. and his surname is darwin!!!!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

A new fucking dishwasher. Old dishwasher is only 2 years old. Replaced the sump pump and motor, the inlet valve, and blew out all the hoses and lines. Still wouldn't clean. FML
Did you check the actual drain?

I stripped and cleaned the whole dishwasher, there was a blockage in union between the drain hose and the drain.
It's tee'd into a sink drain, and that sink drains. It's possible there is a clog in the little 3 cm stub... I'll check in the morning.

The dishwasher drain hose was clogged solid though. I saw it before I ran out to the store to pick up the new one, and spent an hour clearing it. I had to blow it out with a hose and nice bits of what looked like congealed bacon grease came flying out. Yummy.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-22 17:47:40)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats exactly where I found my blockage, in the 3cm stub. Often sink drains have that stub but the plumber has to make the hole into the main drain and they often make a bad job of it.
Took me two days to find that.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

yeah a lot of times it's a blockage to the actual drain. I've literally had that same issue. It fucking sucked.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I doubt I can return the new dishwasher, but at least I know where to look if I have issues after I install it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

i think i finally finished buying everything i need for my survival class. I picked up a new water filter and some other miscellaneous stuff (ferro rod, some fuel canisters, a new water bottle).

Does anyone want to see the knife?
uziq
+492|3444
did you get it from parker?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

no, i saw that one coming a mile away. Why would i want a knife made by some redneck over a hobo fire when i could buy one from a fine american manufacturer? They are based in Portland anyway, so it's basically foundry-to-table.
uziq
+492|3444
it will never not be a funny that a redneck on an internet forum has now indelibly shaped my perception of flip-out hunting knives forever.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

uziq wrote:

it will never not be a funny that a redneck on an internet forum has now indelibly shaped my perception of flip-out hunting knives forever.
It's more funny that he managed to scam a dozen internet friends.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
is it a kershaw?
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

it is!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You fancy, you
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

ill make a montage like that show on history channel or whatever.

"This knife cuts!"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Forged in Fire is my jam.

I have these guys:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81eiUr5CMeL._AC_SX679_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41ii3tF%2BxAL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

both good choices. I was debating between a kershaw, morakniv and esee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
kershaws are a bit too tacticool for my taste
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

its a 10" machete. Completely unnecessary. The longer i looked at it, the more i wanted it.

I already laughed with my friend how i will look like a complete tool with a 10" knife hanging off my beltloop. I'm ok with that!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Enjoy it! I bought an expensive-ass axe to chop firewood with, but it's mostly because it's pretty to look at when I do chop wood. Don't always need reasons to buy stuff that draws you.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-22 18:16:43)

-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

I doubt I can return the new dishwasher, but at least I know where to look if I have issues after I install it.
Maybe you can, just don't admit to your wife it would have been an easy fix.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Fatherhood is scary. I can't imagine a bunch of people relying on me to not be a fuck up.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Successfully installed and ran. Snaked the stub first and didn't find much.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You found the blockage didn't you, you can tell us.
Larssen
+99|1879

Larssen wrote:

Galaxy buds+, I've put off getting bluetooth earbuds until I was confident the tech had been sorted out. these are probably good. I was set on the pixel buds 2 at first but they seem to have connectivity issues & unreliable mic and it's too long a wait until they're available in Europe. They had been delayed multiple times as well. Looked nice and all but eh.
Got them in the mail today, they're fantastic. Do buy esp. if you have a samsung phone. €100 cheaper than airpods pro yet better in almost every way - sound, fit, the app & settings preferences, battery life - the airpods only + is that their mic is slightly better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard