The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Field hockey looks like tonnes of fun. I would love to play, but as Jay has hinted at it's not popular as a men's sport in NA. Would women's equipment be the same as men's?
Yes, the rules are the same too.  Its a touch slower but just as aggressive the higher the level.

I just grabbed a video for some examples of goals, you might need to go full screen and wait for the slow motion replay to fully see whats going on - I do.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
Australia smashed everyone in that world cup.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6466|6 6 4 oh, I forget

More comics.

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sj7hyx6tL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Next time you complain about how much it cost to get your check engine light cleared or your spark plugs replaced consider how much all of the stuff we use is.

I definitely want the $400 cordless ratchet not pictured. You get a free carry bag
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Pocshy2.0
+23|3363
Who complains about car maintenance costs? I think more people complain about the mechanics upselling old ladies.
uziq
+492|3444
seriously considering a fixed gear bike to get around my little town on for tutoring work.

n.b the town is extremely flat
ibid. i live central where a parking permit for a town car would cost half my monthly rent.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
Buy a fedora too
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pocshy2.0
+23|3363

uziq wrote:

seriously considering a fixed gear bike to get around my little town on for tutoring work.

ibid. i live central where a parking permit for a town car would cost half my monthly rent.
Fruit boot it.

EDIT-

To provide visuals:

https://rlv.zcache.com.au/late_for_business_rollerblade_skater_meme_poster-rabf8a607ff3b43eaa2cd531361ed1824_a21y_8byvr_324.jpg

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2015-09-03 12:51:28)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

Who complains about car maintenance costs? I think more people complain about the mechanics upselling old ladies.
People complain all the time. They get most upset when you come in with a specific problem they need diagnosed and realize they have to pay for that to happen. We aren't a construction company. You don't get a free estimate by just coming in.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

uziq wrote:

Fruit boot it.

EDIT-

To provide visuals:

uzi was a lil froot booter in his day.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

People complain all the time. They get most upset when you come in with a specific problem they need diagnosed and realize they have to pay for that to happen. We aren't a construction company. You don't get a free estimate by just coming in.
yeah but charging $100 to hook up an OBD sensor is a little ridiculous.  Don't pretend auto shops don't make serious coin just on that alone.
uziq
+492|3444

Jay wrote:

Buy a fedora too
says the mid-30 something buying scandinavian backpacks worn by hip adolescents.

here's me wearing one in paris, in 2012.

https://i.imgur.com/8HzZc7U.jpg

it was my gf's and i was only wearing it because i'm a fucking GENT. a hip gent.

jay you are gonna look ridiculous with that bag. i bet you only bought it because it had scandinavian alphabet characters in its name and you thought it would be neat and 'authentic' with your seventh-generation one eighth estonian genes.

Last edited by uziq (2015-09-03 14:00:27)

uziq
+492|3444

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

uziq wrote:

Fruit boot it.

EDIT-

To provide visuals:

uzi was a lil froot booter in his day.
i was actually, and compared with other gen x / extreme sports trends to come out of that painful decade, i think i did pretty well.

i avoided dreadlocks, scooters, koRn patches, spikey hair with dyed tips, baggy jeans, chains, and oversized white tshirts.

and i'm willing to bet you collided with 80% of that list at the speed of an orange county prius.

Last edited by uziq (2015-09-03 14:19:42)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Buy a fedora too
says the mid-30 something buying scandinavian backpacks worn by hip adolescents.

here's me wearing one in paris, in 2012.

it was my gf's and i was only wearing it because i'm a fucking GENT. a hip gent.

jay you are gonna look ridiculous with that bag. i bet you only bought it because it had scandinavian alphabet characters in its name and you thought it would be neat and 'authentic' with your seventh-generation one eighth estonian genes.
I didn't buy the backpack, I bought the shoulder bag. I think the backpacks are hideous.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
i'm talking about the brand connotation not the actual design. as if i'd expect a man with your 'teddy roosevelt' profile to wear a piddly little purse-bag like that. it's too small on me and i don't cast a shadow if i stand perpendicular to the sun.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

of course you'd take a simple statement that you roller bladed (something i remember you talking about before on here) as some sort of insult.  You don't need to defend yourself man.  Makes you come across as insecure.

You're completely off the mark on your little assessment.  Understand though, I'm significantly older than you so whatever you thought was popular growing up was probably outside of the trends of my times.
uziq
+492|3444
i'm fucking around you idiot. of course I'm not insecure about rollerblading. i was 13-15. who the hell is a paragon of cool at that age? also i bonded with my bro over skating. but it IS very 00's/xtreme sports/jackass type zeitgeist. and if you can't laugh at the dumb trends of your adolescence, frankly, why are you calling me insecure?

maybe you're misreading my tone.

Last edited by uziq (2015-09-03 14:31:44)

uziq
+492|3444
i really hope this convo doesn't nosedive into ken and jay now comparing 90's pearl jam anecdotes
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I liked pearl jam but i never got into the whole grunge scene. I dressed typical suburban middle class.  dressed super trendy in high school and first few years of college. I actually remember an introductory speech I had to give in college where I said i wanted to own my own clothing label.  pretty cringey looking back.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

yeah but charging $100 to hook up an OBD sensor is a little ridiculous.  Don't pretend auto shops don't make serious coin just on that alone.
You aren't paying for just the cost of sticking a terminal to the car. You are paying to have someone take a look at it that is trained with and has a lot of experience with that type of car. You are also using someone's time that could be used doing something else.

In any case, I work for a Japanese brand. You would be surprised if you knew how few people come in with just a check engine light on.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I bought some pho today.  and a plane ticket to portland.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I want pho. I gotta ask our Vietnamese intern to bring me some of her mom's spring rolls again. Yum.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I liked pearl jam but i never got into the whole grunge scene. I dressed typical suburban middle class.  dressed super trendy in high school and first few years of college. I actually remember an introductory speech I had to give in college where I said i wanted to own my own clothing label.  pretty cringey looking back.
if you don't cringe at the attitudes and views you had even 5 years ago, you're probably doing something wrong
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

I want pho. I gotta ask our Vietnamese intern to bring me some of her mom's spring rolls again. Yum.
Is she hot?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i really hope this convo doesn't nosedive into ken and jay now comparing 90's pearl jam anecdotes
Wha? Pearl Jam was like middle school. I had some flannel shirts, not gonna lie.

I basically wore a uniform to class in high school and had no style outside of it except maybe Pacsun skater.

I did dye my hair platinum blond, braided and the tips dyed red for Woodstock. I looked like Billy Baldwin in biodome. So
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard