Poll

Should women be allowed to serve in the infantry?

Yes52%52% - 48
No47%47% - 44
Total: 92
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6484|The Twilight Zone

SgtHeihn wrote:

Being a former 0311(Infantry) I say no they shouldn't. It would complicate the mission and cause too many logistical problems.
Logistical problems haha. Only if blondes were in charge of logistics.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6517|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

.Sup wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Being a former 0311(Infantry) I say no they shouldn't. It would complicate the mission and cause too many logistical problems.
With the way we were supplied in Iraq, I think they were lol
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6435|North Carolina

Parker wrote:

@ turq:
its not that i feel strongly about the matter. its me defending myself because he is basically calling me sexist.
now dont get me wrong here, i am a lot of things, but being raised by a single mother leaves very little room in my principles to be sexist.

what it comes down to is this:

combat is an extremely stressful situation for all involved. things that are added to the situation, in this case a female soldier IN A COMBAT ROLE, only help to complicate matters.
why fix what isnt broke?
why relearn a lesson that was learned so long ago?
why complicate something that lives are at stake over, just so everyone feels like they are equal?

THAT gives me "stereotypical" "unrealistic" views...thats fine, he doesnt seem like he wants to address the issue, and i have made my point three times over in this thread.
Would you mind providing a few examples?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6792

SgtHeihn wrote:

.Sup wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

With the way we were supplied in Iraq, I think they were lol
qft
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6424|The Gem Saloon

Turquoise wrote:

Parker wrote:

@ turq:
its not that i feel strongly about the matter. its me defending myself because he is basically calling me sexist.
now dont get me wrong here, i am a lot of things, but being raised by a single mother leaves very little room in my principles to be sexist.

what it comes down to is this:

combat is an extremely stressful situation for all involved. things that are added to the situation, in this case a female soldier IN A COMBAT ROLE, only help to complicate matters.
why fix what isnt broke?
why relearn a lesson that was learned so long ago?
why complicate something that lives are at stake over, just so everyone feels like they are equal?

THAT gives me "stereotypical" "unrealistic" views...thats fine, he doesnt seem like he wants to address the issue, and i have made my point three times over in this thread.
Would you mind providing a few examples?
what do you want examples of?
13rin
+977|6509
It is a moot point.  Women serve in the 'infantry' when they are needed.  6 pages?
*edit... It would have to be 'bad' for those pressing them.  Your fighting force is now reduced to women and children.  You've lost your males... .

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-12-05 20:33:53)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard