revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6773|Phoenix, Az
Okay, so I just ordered an extra gig of RAM. I was wondering from all the 2 g ram users how is the gameplay? do you guys lag? do you guys load the maps before everyone esle?  Well thanx, and ill see yalls later.
mpsmith
+5|6674
Is it quality RAM or crap? A gig should cost you at least $100.
oberst_enzian
+234|6744|melb.au

revolution.inc wrote:

I was wondering from all the 2 g ram users how is the gameplay?
well, before my computer blew up yesterday, it was quite an improvement over 1gb.

revolution.inc wrote:

do you guys lag?
not as much as when i only had 1gb, tho still a little, and i reckon it was probably caused by the vga

revolution.inc wrote:

do you guys load the maps before everyone esle?
yes! i am (or was) first on the map, like, 75% of the time, and usually get at least halfway thru capping a flag before the first enemy player spawns...

edit: ...depending on the map/flag placement. SF, mass destruction, for example, is a good map for this.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-01-24 16:53:08)

revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6773|Phoenix, Az

mpsmith wrote:

Is it quality RAM or crap? A gig should cost you at least $100.
haha I just bought an extra gig for 167.00
revolution.inc
Pass
+35|6773|Phoenix, Az

oberst_enzian wrote:

revolution.inc wrote:

I was wondering from all the 2 g ram users how is the gameplay?
well, before my computer blew up yesterday, it was quite an improvement over 1gb.

revolution.inc wrote:

do you guys lag?
not as much as when i only had 1gb, tho still a little, and i reckon it was probably caused by the vga

revolution.inc wrote:

do you guys load the maps before everyone esle?
yes! i am (or was) first on the map, like, 75% of the time, and usually get at least halfway thru capping a flag before the first enemy player spawns...
aww that sucks ... kind of funny though, did your computer actually blow up and erupt into flames? Well thanks .
ISIK_Dark
+0|6841|Pueblo
2 gigs is alot better.  I'm usually about the 1st to the 5th player in the game.  Hardly ever get lag and if I do it is usually only if I'm the passenger in a jet or chopper.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
2 GB is a big improvement in performance
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard