jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
I died 12 times in a chopper due to lag today . F^%@  this game . That is all .
DakkonBlackblade
+0|6746
Shouldn't your ire be directed at your ISP/Server you were on/processor rather than the game?  Or do helicopters have some built in lag code I am unaware of?
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
Hell I dunno I got a Dell XPS gen 4 with the ATI x850 video card and 256 ram and god damn cable like eveyone else and I lag all f%$#@ing day long . I'm  leaning towards shitty internet code . Because every single FPS I own , and I've been playing everything since Castle Wolfeinstien 2d , doesn't come with the ferocious lag as this game does .
Basically what happens is I'm flying . Everything is good . Then all of a sudden I'm 30 ft from where I just was , upside down looking at the last frame of smashing into a mountain .
It's bad enough I have to put up with noobs . It's bad enough when I fianlly DO get on a good server I get booted for accidental TK's inside of 15 fucking minutes because idiots can't seem to stay out of my way ( tank ) . Mix this with tons of lag - I gotta fucking vent ok ? F^&^%&^^&^$&^#&^#$$@^%#&^*(&*%K !!!
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
I'm better now . I love you all .
Buzerk1
+44|6837
Stay away from chopper then
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

jonnykill wrote:

Hell I dunno I got a Dell XPS gen 4 with the ATI x850 video card and 256 ram and god damn cable like eveyone else and I lag all f%$#@ing day long . I'm  leaning towards shitty internet code . Because every single FPS I own , and I've been playing everything since Castle Wolfeinstien 2d , doesn't come with the ferocious lag as this game does .
Basically what happens is I'm flying . Everything is good . Then all of a sudden I'm 30 ft from where I just was , upside down looking at the last frame of smashing into a mountain .
It's bad enough I have to put up with noobs . It's bad enough when I fianlly DO get on a good server I get booted for accidental TK's inside of 15 fucking minutes because idiots can't seem to stay out of my way ( tank ) . Mix this with tons of lag - I gotta fucking vent ok ? F^&^%&^^&^$&^#&^#$$@^%#&^*(&*%K !!!
Try pcpitstop.com to optimize your protocols, buffers etc.
i doubled my download on this computer (XP P4 3.2) because the default XP settings blow huge chunks.
My old P2 Window 98 with from 600 to 2500 kb using the same info. Using DSL .
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6724|New Hampshire
256 RAM? LOL!  Min. requirement for this game is 512.  I run 2 gig and still sometimes get lagged down.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6712
i think he meant 256 as in gpu

you can't run bf2 with 256..

i got old 512 ram and i want to chop my comp everytime i play bf2

but i'll still play it lol
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6724|New Hampshire
Yeah you can run BF2 on 256 RAM - ask SysTray LOL
CrazeD
+368|6673|Maine
I have an eMachines with an AMD Athlon 1.7GHz 2000+ CPU, an ATI Radeon 9600 128mb card, and had 512mb of PC2100 RAM. I lagged like a mofo on lowest settings with 50% view distance.

Then I bought some Kingston 512mb PC3200 RAM from Bestbuy for 40$ (on sale from like 120$) and paired it with one of my 256mb sticks of PC2100, and it was a night and day difference. Before I COULD NOT fly a jet, impossible..too much lag. Now it's totally fine.

I only have two RAM slots on my motherboard so the other day I traded my two 256mb sticks with my friend because he has one 512mb stick, and it was an old comp. So now I have a gig and can run 100% view, but still use all low settings.. runs fine but gets a little choppy on full 64 man servers.

I recommend new RAM!
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

washow wrote:

i think he meant 256 as in gpu

you can't run bf2 with 256..

i got old 512 ram and i want to chop my comp everytime i play bf2

but i'll still play it lol
Yes i  did mean that as in gpu . I have a full gig of RAM . 400 gigs of PC space . Lag lag lag .
I think I'm pretty much done with this game anyhow . Too many kids playing . Too many runied games .
Too many stats padders and , well you know what it's like . I can't think of any other game I've played where I get so frustrated that I never wanted to play anymore . Also there are so many things wrong with balance IMHO . I wish I could clone myself 64 times and have a lan party every night without all the fuss . Oh well , off to the doctor for blood work .
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846

jonnykill wrote:

Contragulations your an idiot, if your playing BF2 on a 32k or even 56k connecyion you deserve to die.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center

Whitegreek wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Contragulations your an idiot, if your playing BF2 on a 32k or even 56k connecyion you deserve to die.
dyslexia?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

No, I think he can't read...
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

Whitegreek wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Congradulations but your the idiot . I said " and god damn cable like eveyone else " cabal - not modem .
Pay attentyion lisdexic .
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

Buzerk1 wrote:

Hmmm... I was figuring the same thing.. after the second time it lagged, I would be infantry.
Scarymother
+1|6743

jonnykill wrote:

Hell I dunno I got a Dell XPS gen 4 with the ATI x850 video card and 256 ram and god damn cable like eveyone else and I lag all f%$#@ing day long .
If you have actual "cable" internet, as opposed to ADSL, then It could actually be your cable that is the problem.    Due to the way packets are routed along the cable systems, it can be really bad for internet gaming.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680

imdead wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Hmmm... I was figuring the same thing.. after the second time it lagged, I would be infantry.
I love to fly though . Hell i would gladly be satisfied if I got shot down by a jet , tank , noob toob - anything but lag . It also hard NOT to still use the chopper when no one is around to snag it . Hell I didn't even have a gunner the whole time . No one was interested at all . I couldn't resist . It's a flaw in my nature I guess .
So I got the blood work done . I have a funky disease that is going to kill me in the next few weeks . So WTF am I doing talking to you noobs !?!?!?! I gotta cap me some more flags before I die !AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! I hope hell has cable .
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6846

jonnykill wrote:

Whitegreek wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Congradulations but your the idiot . I said " and god damn cable like eveyone else " cabal - not modem .
Pay attentyion lisdexic .
Do us all a favour get that "cable" and stange yourself. Your seriously not worth the extended insult.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6680
"stange" - you can't spell either - idiot . Extended insult .
ToughOmbre359th
+0|6679

Scarymother wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Hell I dunno I got a Dell XPS gen 4 with the ATI x850 video card and 256 ram and god damn cable like eveyone else and I lag all f%$#@ing day long .
If you have actual "cable" internet, as opposed to ADSL, then It could actually be your cable that is the problem.    Due to the way packets are routed along the cable systems, it can be really bad for internet gaming.
Your kidding right???
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6769|Human Meat Shield

jonnykill wrote:

imdead wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

I love to fly though . Hell i would gladly be satisfied if I got shot down by a jet , tank , noob toob - anything but lag . It also hard NOT to still use the chopper when no one is around to snag it . Hell I didn't even have a gunner the whole time . No one was interested at all . I couldn't resist . It's a flaw in my nature I guess .
So I got the blood work done . I have a funky disease that is going to kill me in the next few weeks . So WTF am I doing talking to you noobs !?!?!?! I gotta cap me some more flags before I die !AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! I hope hell has cable .
WOW...that's a first, no one wanted the chopper in this vehicle whoring game?! Maybe it was a full server lag; if couple people are up to 200 pings it brings the whole server down. Or maybe it was an Omen; everyone know the chopper had a bad engine in it but you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard