RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

I was in High School in the late 90's and grew up listening to alot of Alternative music.

FINALLY, I got to see Smashing Pumpkins last night in St. Louis.  It was great to finally see them live, and it was a really good show.  They've become WAAY more psychedelic than i'd imagine them to be.

So, in the past few years i've finally been able to see a lot of bands I had always wanted to:
Nine Inch Nails
Alice In Chains (No Layne though )
Smashing Pumpkins
Primus
TOOL (first in 2001, but still).
EDIT:  Rage Against the Machine (Alpine Valley)

Still have yet to/never will see these bands:
Stone Temple Pilots
Pantera (dammit)
Soundgarden (shit)
Metallica (yeah i know)
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd (R.I.P. Richard Wright)

What about you guys?  Any good olderish bands you guys seen recently that were pretty much gone at one point?

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-11-27 09:56:24)

phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
Phish is coming back in March.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6478|Somewhere else

oh yeah!  I forgot about that one.  Thier live shows (on video)  seem a bit too jam session for me, but I do love alot of thier songs.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
<3 the jams. :p
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
Speaking of bands we've missed... I really wish I had discovered stuff like Megadeth and Dream Theater when I was in elementary/middle school. I can never forgive myself for downloading a Backstreet Boys song in 4th grade.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2008-11-27 08:48:58)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Ugly kid joe
BlackKoala
+215|6323
Nin, Tool, STP, AiC, smashing Pumpkins, soundgarden, metallica, pantera...

fuck that whole list is FTW
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6580|MANCHESTERRR
I hate Metal but watching Metallica live is an amazing experience.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Faith No More
Pantera

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5682|SQUID
That's like all the good music from the 90's.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6478|Somewhere else

The A W S M F O X wrote:

That's like all the good music from the 90's.
ahhh there is more, White Zombie, off the top of my head,  erm..... Deftones (late late 90s)  but Deftones has hit a bit of a slump imo, but i'd still like to see them.

OH FLIPPIN DUH!  I saw Rage Against the Machine last year too!  GAWD that was a damn good show.
CrazeD
+368|6671|Maine

BlackKoala wrote:

RoosterCantrell
+399|6478|Somewhere else

CrazeD wrote:

BlackKoala wrote:

Bad News, you are wrong my friend

Oh yeah, Marilyn Manson too, kinda.  He's a bit of a douche, but "Antichrist Superstar"  was a damn good album.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-11-27 09:58:06)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

phishman420 wrote:

lulz
RoosterCantrell
+399|6478|Somewhere else

usmarine wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

lulz
Well Toby Kieth is almost always on tour, so that goes without saying.

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
Stones were good.

U2, never thought i'd see them, they were amazing

Same goes for Springsteen
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
motherdear
+25|6649|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
i really do not get the big deal about stone temple pilots, I went to watch them at red rocks, colorado and i had to leave an hour and a half into the concert because they sucked. plus they had a terrible band to warm up for them.

no offense to people that like them, but plz explain to me why they are so awesome because i really want to understand, then I might even begin to enjoy them too.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679

FatherTed wrote:

Stones were good.

Yeah, I'm really lucky that I got to see The Stones a few years ago. Awesome show.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
90s? You must have at least heard Massive Attack then
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

phishman420 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Stones were good.

Yeah, I'm really lucky that I got to see The Stones a few years ago. Awesome show.
Stones =

Fav song= Paint it Black
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RoosterCantrell
+399|6478|Somewhere else

FatherTed wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

Stones =

Fav song= Paint it Black
Stones would be cool, I just heard their ticket prices are near insane,  which is a little rediculous for a band that is already massively rich.

motherdear wrote:

i really do not get the big deal about stone temple pilots, I went to watch them at red rocks, colorado and i had to leave an hour and a half into the concert because they sucked. plus they had a terrible band to warm up for them.

no offense to people that like them, but plz explain to me why they are so awesome because i really want to understand, then I might even begin to enjoy them too.
Pilots' album 'Core'  is REALLY good imo.  Wieland during those days had a real growl to his voice.  Lately his voiced is thin, still good, but not as "rock" (I guess would be the word) as it used to be.  Plus Wieland is a bit of a goofball, but thier older tunes are good.

kylef wrote:

90s? You must have at least heard Massive Attack then
Yeah.  I have heard a few of thier songs.  But I can't think of any right now.    You ever have one of those bands that people say is really good, but for various reasons, you never check out or forget to check out?   That would be Massive Attack for me.

Plus, I'm the type of person that won't want to hear my favorite band ALL the time.  I only can listen to music if i'm in the right mood.   Music is very personal for me,  so I couldn't get into a band unless I was in the mood to hear it.  Hard to explain I guess.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Pogues
Pixies
Presidents of the U.S.A.
Nine Inch Nails
David Bowie
Anthrax
Motorhead
Gary Numan
David Byrne
Prince
Roger Waters
Simon & Garfunkel
...too many to mention.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

jesus you are more odd than i thought.  prince?
jaymz9350
+54|6575

pers0nah wrote:

I hate Metal but watching Metallica live is an amazing experience.
Yes it is, They were the first concert I ever went to and the last one I went to a couple weeks ago.  (don't get to many anymore but I don't miss a Metallica concert)
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6736|Pakistan/England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I really wish I had discovered stuff like Megadeth and Dream Theater when I was in elementary/middle school.
used to listen to dream theater while being driven to school (which was in the middle of a coffee plantation) in Nairobi, Kenya. Everytime i hear songs like Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, etc. i instantly get reminded of different parts of the road to school. amazing drive that was! good memories

Last edited by tahadar (2008-11-28 13:01:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard