XxxMerliNxxX
+5|6460
I have a buddy who has DSL and this strange problem.  His connection is pretty good, usually 10ms higher then mine.  When he plays on this one server it seems to him that people know what hes going to do before he does it.  Yes it is streaming PB and the screenshots are looked over if theres any questionable gameplay, so im not saying cheating.  Then he will go to another server and have relatively the same ping and do really well.  He does much better and doesnt feel like the players have ESP.  The server populations are close to the same too.  What I want to ask is why would two different servers (in relatively the same area) cause two different gameplay scenarios where it seems on one players know what you are going to do before you do and the other feels like a more level playing field?  I can sometimes see what he means.  His computer is relatively new.

AMD x2 3800
2gb ram
nvidia 8600gts
Windows xp sp3
aimless
+166|6278|Texas
Uav
NgoDamWei
+7|5816|Western North Carolina
Just wondering how you are determining ping.  For me, ping shown from the server list and actual are miles apart.

More reliable is from TAB after joining server but most reliable is from your command prompt which will also show if you are timing out which creates an advantage for your adversary if ever so slightly.

Bring up your command prompt.  At the > enter the following: >ping xxx.xx.x.xxx -t

where xxs are the IP,  "-t" will provide a steady information flow, lacking -t will give only 4 packets.

The steady flow will show any spikes (72, 71, 156, 186, 72, 72 etc).  Such occurences are also not in your favor.

Signal loss will result in "Request timed out".  If that occurs more than twice in a row, you are in trouble.

You may consider TCP/IP adjustment available with a friendly TCPOPTIMIZER, which adjusts the Windows default settings (read: DIALUP ( )

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

Also see: http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Last edited by NgoDamWei (2008-12-05 04:12:06)

[Jett-CC]-Megadeth_Fan
Teh Ultimate Lurker
+16|6727|Kansas City

aimless wrote:

Uav
this, or a good commander that watches squads and spots for them.

He could just be facing some really tough servers with good squads in them while pub servers are less likely to have squads that actually work together

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard