DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
A pretty uneventful race. Some close driving but no real passing. Alonso fucked his own race covering Webber again (like last year), only this time he fucked Webber's race too.

Only real thing of note is it ended with only 4 cars on the lead lap.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2011-05-22 10:46:42)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Saw that on the F1 forum after the race...I just laughed and didn't take it seriously [unlike the press]. Bad weekend all around for him tbh.

Best Monaco GP for a long time, although the end was a total anti climax and was totally fucked up under that red flag.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Oh joy, another baby Schumi weekend. Brilliant.

*fingers crossed for rain*

Despite the better "racing" and lots of on-track action, the championship is just not even worth looking at. Compared to the close competitiveness of last season, this is a real stinker, which is a shame given the much improved track action this year: even Spain and Monaco held great races.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

snake got his wish, conditions are terrible lol
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

back off again... finally
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

GO
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

i don't normally watch F1, that was exciting when it got started again though. amazing race by Button
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
What. A. Race.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

innit, i want it to still be on
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
I wanted to see if the DRS would've let him catch Vettel. At least Vettel didn't win though.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

lmao
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Saw the first time he fell and thought no-one was going to say anything, then he fell again and I lol'd
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
Set up to record the race and after 5 hours of some racing and a lot of grid-sitting, the recorder cuts out with 3 laps to go.   Saw it online though, and I cant say I was unhappy to see Vettel bin it.
Serious Flex
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Third time he basically says "fuck it, run me over. Just get on with it".

Brilliant race when it got going, well worth the whole 5 hours of TV viewing

And even better news: my tickets for Silverstone arrive next week
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
So has everyone just given up?

I missed the race but heard it was another Vettel start to finish domination. Is there any chance somones giong to catch him?
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
Not when he has the car and tyres working for him like this.
Serious Flex
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Seriously, the British GP and NOBODY has posted?! Despite all the off-track news with the engines?

Im going to be slightly biased, because...I was there No, I'm not wiping that smug look off of my face!

What a fantastic day. That is the first time I have been to see a GP live, and obviously the sheer noise was unbelievable. I was expecting loud, but not THAT loud! I mean, to not hear my mate literally shouting into my ear or the helicopters landing literally 30m being me kind of says something. The atmosphere of 120000 fans, of which I would say a good 80% were McLaren fans, was phenomenal. It was literally a sea of red and grey caps and shirts!

I was standing down at the 150m marker at Stowe corner for the most part, before moving round to see the podium for the end and then being part of the "track invasion"! It was pretty special. I even managed to get me some Pirelli tyre remains for souvenirs!

From where I was, it was a brilliant race but I have yet to watch it on iplayer to see all the action. Thats tomorrows job and the 1 downside of seeing it live, even Silverstone FM radio was pointless as you cant hear it! But the noise and the atmosphere makes up for all of that 10000x over.

I will try to get some photos uploaded tomorrow
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

i thought i saw a guy trying to drag a massive cock around, must have been you

it was a good race, would've been fun if the RB cars crashed into each other at the end there
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

What a race from Alonso. Still not much point in the win as Vettel already has it in the bag.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Wow, this thread certainly has died now. Perhaps its doing a BBC and only being used for half the races for now on?

Perhaps those long awaited pictures from Silverstone might make an impact

I've also uploaded some videos. The quality isn't amazing, but the sound comes across quite well You hear some fantastic engine and gear changing noises that you just don't get on the TV.

First Lap
Second Lap
Trulli Retires
Eddie Jordan Chants!

Putting those aside....Nurburgring, Hungaroring and now Spa...all completely missed in this thread? Guess the F1 followers on this forum have disappeared now

3 absolutely brilliant races, particularly Spa even if, as a Hamilton fan, its not exactly what I wanted to see! Its hard being a Hammy fan sometimes, it really is.
Maldonado is a cunt. End of. Deserved a 1 race ban, at least, for dangerous and unsportsmanlike behaviour for getting upset about an overtake? Then, what really pissed me off, was then having the audacity to lie and accept no responsibility for it, only to then "happily accept the 5 gridplace penalty". Contradicting and lieing fucknut. Utter bullshit.
B.Senna/Heidfeld, Hulkenberg or Chandhok deserve his seat at Williams more than he does, we all know hes only there due to the Venezuelan oil company backing him. He may be a GP2 champion, but experience in F1 from the others brushes that aside.
Speaking of Bruno Senna, I was so pleased he qualified so well (7th?), and then really disappointed he finished in 13th Such a shame, but still, I think he proved he can hack it

Kobayashi and Hamilton were both 50/50 to blame. I tend to agree with what Lauda said as to why did Hamilton move back over? But then he was taking the racing line into the corner and was ahead of the Kamui who should, as the driver behind, be giving way. Cant make my mind up on it. Just one of those racing incidents.

Highlight of the whole weekend? Webber overtaking Alonso through Eau Rouge and being past before getting into Raidillon. Absolutely AMAZING.

Oh, and for those Xbox/PS3 fans, the latest F1 2011 trailer is comprised solely of action from this year. Looks pretty impressive
F1 '2011 Xbox Game Preview
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Vettel wins again and has a chance of wrapping the championship up next round.

Senna gets his first points in F1.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Button shows that he's a fantastic driver and better than silly little Lewis.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
0akleaves
+183|6583|Newcastle UK
MSC proved that if Mercedes have a good car next year the races will be better to watch.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

holy shit.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard