Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Zimmer wrote:

Well your laugh was pretty much in vain, Snake, as Alonso made up for it and did fantastically well. What the fuck is up with Brits hating him so much? Is it because he made Hamilton cry a few times? Hamilton is one of the biggest pricks on the race track.

Also, how can you hate Vettel? He's modest, a good driver - albeit aggressive - and a pretty level headed guy. British superiority ftl.
Well, even the Aussies are now hating on Lewis...apparantly, hes a dickhead
"OK, I'll say it. He's a dickhead."
^ ^ fair fucking play for saying that in public.

As far as Alonso is concerned, I dont doubt hes a fantastic driver and racer, its just that hes a cocky, arrogant cunt and I cant stand him. As for supporting Hammy, well, hes a Brit. I will always support Brits ahead of any other nationality...because I am a Brit
To twist it the other way, I dont see why people hate on Hamilton: hes aggressive, puts in unbelievable lap-times, won the F1 title in his 2nd year after almost winning it 1st time around...whats not to like? Hes not arrogant or full of shit. Just like McLaren, he has his controversial side admittedly. What I really like about Lewis, is that he never gives up. Ever.

As for Vettel, again, a good driver, like Alonso. But he just seems to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on in his interviews (can you believe I didnt just Ctrl+C that lot? ). I dont hate him, unlike Alonso. I just prefer other drivers. Fair play though, that was one hell of a laptime in Q3.
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
To be fair all of the drivers have a sense of arrogance around them, it's just how much there is. I think what people dislike about Hamilton most is that he was practically spoon-fed into McLaren once he was starting to get sponsored by them at a young age and therefore he has expected nothing more than to win, which he no doubt can do. It's the same with Alonso, he started off at Minardi but once he got into Renault and won championships in '05 and '06 he expects to win all of the time. It's the same with Vettel, from his first victory in Monza '08 even up to last weekend's qualifying he just can't help but show us all who's number one once he gets a pole position or a win, which is what I hate most about him.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6740|St. Andrews / Oslo

Comments like, "Who told me to go in? Freakin' terrible decision!" make me hate Hamilton. I dunno, it's just so typical him. I just can't help but celebrate every time he fails.

I adore arrogance, btw, especially southern European arrogance
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6138|Carnoustie MASSIF
I just hate Alonso, can't put my finger on it, same way I hate Leob, but have no idea why.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Alonso is no more arrogant than Button and Hamilton. There are few F1 drivers that aren't.
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

Alonso is no more arrogant than Button and Hamilton. There are few F1 drivers that aren't.
true dat.

Kubica comes to mind, an awesome guy all round.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
Kubica deserves more than he's got. He's been let down by BMW twice (2008 when they halted development just as he won in Montreal and in 2009 when all that extra time of development failed) and, although Renault look better than they have been in recent years (even though Kubica has always been decent at Melbourne, so the car can still be questioned) they still haven't got a car that can win a championship like in '05 and '06.
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
Hamilton very much a man on a mission... top in both FP1 and FP2

That 'F-duct' is working wonders, an extra 6mph on the straights is really giving McLaren the edge this weekend!
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6680|A sunburnt country
Webber on pole! Fuck yeah!!!!
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6454|Amsterdam‫
lol ferrari & and mclaren
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone

menzo wrote:

lol ferrari & and mclaren
lol indeed.

I wonder if Red bull can capitalise this time. They've been the 'fastest' all year but got no results.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
Funny qualifying, typical arrogance by Ferrari/McLaren by just relying on their crappy weather systems and assuming there would be no way they'd get knocked out in Q1. Those teams need to wisen up
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Dumbest move I've seen in F1 for a long time. It would have been much easier to play it safe, end up 10th and then just pass all the slower cars. Total morons, tbh.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
lol, I saw this on f1technical, never seen it before, but if anyone remembers the "Felipe baby" radio convo

That's actually pretty well done
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6689|Disaster Free Zone
Pure dominance by Red bull.

Unfortunate pit stop for Webber, but Vettel did deserves the points.

As for the race. Not great, some nice overtaking by Alguerci (or however you spell it) but not much else.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Not as good as Australia but still a decent race, if only it had rained. To be fair if it wasn't for rain during qualifying killing off Ferrari/McLaren it could have been alot worse. Say what you want about dangerous driving but when Hamilton and Petrov were swerving like that on the straight that was awesome. Too bad Alonso had technical problems otherwise he probably would have charged through further like Hamilton

Webber screwed up his start again... it wasn't the pits or anything because he would have never caught him, it was the start that let Vettel through

Nobody can catch these Red Bulls, Vettel could and should have won all three races and have 75 points right now and people would say the season is already over. Can't see why they won't win at China either, here's hoping for more reliability problems then eh
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Was Hamilton & Petrov "swerving" up the pit-straight really that dangerous? I just read that as being "follow in a straight line, or else we penalise you".

What amazed me about this race was just how many cars ended up retiring with problems, especially compared to the average race. Oddly, Red Bull Red Bull didn't fall-down on that this week, but they are just so much quicker than everyone else...they must have something special / different about their cars. They just seem "too" fast compared to the rest.

Fair play to Virgin for finishing a race despite an undersized fuel-tank.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Apparently you can only make so many moves when someone is behind you, but it's not like Petrov was just behind Hamilton so to me it just looked like LH was trying to break the slipstream. If Petrov was out of LH's slip and getting upto his side and Hamilton did that then yeah that's dangerous

I'm not too clear on how all of that is, but I just think that they don't like cars swerving so much like that, but he only got a warning anyway

Some will say dangerous, I say awesome
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
I thought it was more comedy than awesome, but credit to Petrov, he got back at Hamilton first time before Hamilton's antics held him off, even if he did have a look again down the end of the straight!
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
Kez
+778|5711|London, UK
...1-2

"Who needs ride height control?"

Last edited by Kez (2010-04-18 03:34:06)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Fucking mess of a race. Total mess.

Button should be penalised for breaking after the security car left the track, that was fucking outrageous.

Alonso is a total moron for doing what he did.

This is getting very interesting, but I want a race with no rain and decent humidity, then we're talking about a good race. The rain just causes stupid problems and unecessary crashes.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
lol yeah, this race was crazy. It was those kind of conditions where it was too bad for slicks, but it wasn't bad enough for the inters to last any decent amount of time. I lol'd at Charlie Whiting immediately pointing at Alonso like a policeman at the start of the race when he jumped the gun "wots he doing then"

Button being jammy again with all this rain and confusion. It was interesting that people that had to defend then lost lots of grid places fast and quick. Sutil, Schumacher and Alguersari all went tumbling down the field after they were overtaken. That's the circuit bunching people up with the guy at the front of the bunch giving the train effect until that huge straight comes along.

Still, good drives from loads of people. Red Bull fucking up, which I liked. And Alonso passing Massa in the pit entry was awesome. You could tell he was thinking "god I'm not fucking getting holed up behind you fucking again" when he did that

This was probably the best Chinese GP I've seen so far, and the crowd wasn't even that bad
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

Button should be penalised for breaking after the security car left the track, that was fucking outrageous.
No, that was fucking awesome.

@Mok: no, 2007 was best.

Mekstizzle
WALKER
I want to know what Massa's reaction was when Alonso dicked him in the pit entry. These guys have fiery Latin blood, this partnership is gonna be funny for this season. Imagine if it was Rubens and Alonso, actually I think Rubens would be schooled hard enough by Alonso to keep quiet

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard