TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591

Mekstizzle wrote:

boo brawn

Everybody just likes them cos they're winning, if they were still Honda I'd be like fuck yeah, but cos it's Brawn and that idiot Branson is involved it's thumbs down for me
I have been a fan of this team since BAR tbh.  When Ross was mentioned to purchase the team, I was elated.  I became a Ross Brawn fan from the days of Shumi.  I am a fan because of what they have achieved so quickly.  I know about the car and all that rot...but to get the whole organization into winning form, straight away, has got to impress anyone, that knows anything about big-time motorsports.

I am a fan when a team, or a driver show me talent, skill, or techinical genius...in BGP, I think you have all of that.
Tbh, I'd be just as happy seeing Ferrari doing this, I like Massa.  McLaren even...I like Lewis.  Brawn just happen to be it atm
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland

TC.Troy wrote:

On the surface, this sounds like "too good to be true"...but think about what this could do to the car as it relates to balance and sheer drivability.
What would you do?  You've already a car that runs Very well, do you keep it as is?  Or do you run KERS, which could adversely affect the handling on the car, and or reliability?
Tough choice imo, but I'm sure Mr. Brawn will figure it out. 

And for you Mek, just because I think you're special (:p )  ... wait for it...  Go Brawn!
Why would it be too good to be true? KERS has proved unreliable and heavy.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone

Jenspm wrote:

Gooners wrote:

kylef wrote:

Lola are Aston Martin..
wait what
I believe Lola is like the racing division of Aston Martin (kinda like McLaren is for Mercedes)
McLaren is not connected to Mercedes.

kylef wrote:

KERS has proved to be great at making up 3-4 places on the grid and making it virtually impossible for someone to pass you even when you are lapping well over a second slower.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-05-16 08:53:55)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
Yeah, Mercedes racing division is AMG I think. Like Nissan and Nismo. BMW and the 'M' moniker etc..

I didn't know that Aston had a separate racing division called Lola, though. I suppose all of that was before my time

Kinda like how Ferrari, even though they're a sports car manufacturer, also have a racing division called "Scuderia Ferrari" which is actually the real name for the Ferrari F1 team

McLaren is actually just an independent F1 team that uses Merc engines but they still have close links to Mercedes.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-05-16 08:58:10)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland

DrunkFace wrote:

kylef wrote:

KERS has proved to be great at making up 3-4 places on the grid and making it virtually impossible for someone to pass you even when you are lapping well over a second slower.
Right, and who are the top 5 in the leaderboard right now? How many use KERS?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6699|Disaster Free Zone

kylef wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

kylef wrote:

Ummm do you watch the races?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6511|N. Ireland

DrunkFace wrote:

kylef wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Ummm do you watch the races?
Yes..and I also take note of the race results. Who cares in KERS makes you go a little faster on the straights, if it slows you down elsewhere and means you aren't winning the race? At the end of the day, that's all that matters.
Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
Request move to Sports section please providing Jennifer updates
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6750|St. Andrews / Oslo

Kptk92 wrote:

Request move to Sports section please providing Jennifer updates
I updated recently <3

Look how sexy the tables are!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
They'd look even more sexy if you put the latest results in (Great Britain) and updated the Championship tables
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6750|St. Andrews / Oslo

done.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6604
Vettel is the most talented driver on the track to be honest.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Bump. Instead of having new topics for races and news and shit, just keep it all here from now on. If everyone else can (mostly) do it, so can F1..

Remember, F1 needs to cut back on costs

---

Anyway, two things I've just seens:

Lotus will return to F1 in 2010

Lotus are to return to Formula 1 next season for the first time since 1994.

They have been awarded the final grid spot and join Campos GP, Manor and US F1 as one of four new teams for 2010.

The FIA has given current team BMW Sauber "14th place" for 2010, meaning they are now first reserves to fill any vacancy on the grid should one arise.

However, motorsport's governing body says it will "consult urgently" with the 10 existing teams to expand the grid from 13 to 14 teams for 2010.
And BMW look to be secure for now.

German car manufacturer BMW says it has agreed to sell its Formula 1 team to Swiss-based Qadbak Investments.
--

Here's hoping Renault and Toyota stay. I want a 28 car grid next season

Good to see Lotus are in there too! After all the worrying about F1's future, 2010 looks like it'll be one of the best seasons yet
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
Tbh, I'd like to see Renault gtfo.  Briatore is a prick who thinks he can spout off about anyone and anything...complete asshole that man is.  If the allegations in regard to Singapore in 08' are revealed to be true, Renault should be driven from the sport.  That sort of thing is unacceptable on Sooo many levels.

Thrilled to hear about Lotus, I used to love the cars they came with...very unique and quite attractive at the same time.

And yeah, a larger grid will make things just  a wee bit more interesting.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I'd rather just Flavio gtfo if found guilty, maybe a few other guys. Not the whole team. Hate losing teams, especially in a way like this
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6253|S.A. Australia
Yeah I'm with Mek, Briatore can fuck right off but I want to see as many teams stay in as possible.  I'm really hoping for an Aston Martin team at some point too, even though it won't happen next year.  Good to hear that Sauber looks safe too.
Serious Flex
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Looks like it was true after all...!

And looks like what I said might actually happen too.

Flavio and Symonds have fucked off! Basically admitting it was all true before the 'trial' even began.

Flavio Briatore has left his position as boss of the Renault team after they decided not to contest charges of fixing the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

Executive director of engineering Pat Symonds has also left the team.
the team have moved to diffuse the situation and said in a statement: "Renault will not dispute the recent allegations made by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

"It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatore and its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left the team."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp … 258987.stm

------

I wonder what's going to happen to Renault now. I bet the FIA at others are still out for blood. I expect some others to eventually get the axe, also expect Renault to be DQ'd from last years constructors championship, maybe Alonso also. Maybe for this year too. Although I can't see them actually banning Renault from the sport, just alot of Disqualifications.

Oh and heavy fines.

I dunno actually, this might spell the end of Renault in the sport. I hope not, though.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-09-16 05:45:20)

Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
Holy. Shit. So basically they're saying that they did ask Piquet to crash.

Renault were silly for giving out those kind of orders.
Piquet was silly for following those orders.

No-one is going to win, Piquet is going to get no employment with any F1 teams anymore with his attitude and for Renault I think Briatore's and Symond's exits are just the beginning. They look guilty now, they'll get wiped out of this year's championship (Mek, I doubt Renault will be disqualified from last year's competition, seeing as they're not even contesting that anymore) and I reckon, even worse, they'll just pull out of F1 altogether.

So the FIA won't even need to push for 14 teams next year, the BMW team will slot in Renault's spot, I can't see how Renault can stay in F1 in this current situation.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Kez wrote:

(Mek, I doubt Renault will be disqualified from last year's competition, seeing as they're not even contesting that anymore)
Silly Kez. It still counts. They can still be stripped of their positions in the constructors/drivers championships. Just like how Olympic medallists can be stripped of their medals. Plus there's all the money involved, you get quite alot finishing so high up as they did. Any DQ will probably mean returning it all, plus a fine.

All in all, it looks more and more likely as the end of days for Renault F1
Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
Yeah I don't think they'll get kicked out of the 2008 championship imo, no point.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6253|S.A. Australia
Wow, Mek has more control over the happenings of F1 than Bernie...
Serious Flex
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Kez wrote:

Yeah I don't think they'll get kicked out of the 2008 championship imo, no point.
The points are the point. When McLaren were DQ'd from the 2007 constructors that meant all the other teams below shifted one up, infact it meant Fez won the constructors that year otherwise Mac would've won it.

It doesn't matter if it was last season, results, tables and championships can still change under extraordinary circumstances. There's a big point in DQ'ing Renault from 2008
Kez
+778|5721|London, UK
Yeah but last year's results won't affect next year's money, will it?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
It probably does in some way. There's alot of money involved in F1 in terms of prize money and such. People are gonna want what should be rightfully theirs instead of wrongfully Renaults.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6591
Briatore leaving Renault is the best news I've heard out of F1 since Ross bought Honda.

Imo, even if Renault arent driven from the sport, at this point, given the allegations and the apparent admission of guilt (without admitting per se') Renault have no future what-so-ever.  There had been rumblings in regard to them closing shop anyway.  This may be the straw that breaks the camels back.
I cant say that I'm heart broken...for I am not.  I want to see as many teams compete next season as is possible, but I could live without Renault.
Flavio has ruined them, and not just from this issue, imo he was killing that team years ago.

So good riddance you arrogant son of a bitch, go play with slot cars or something, and keep your damned mouth shut Briatore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard