TrueMusou
+36|6160|United States Of Hamerica
I pump my oil passionately, gently...but also firmly.
Reciprocity
+721|6580|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I don't know.

In Oregon we have poor people to pump our gas for us.
MysteryJake
+12|6207|California

Bertster7 wrote:

ATG wrote:

You are charged for what comes out the nozzle, but are given no credit for what is recovered in vapors, so yes, I pump on slow, in the morning when I can because the heat causes the fuel to expand and you actually pay a few cents more per gallon when its really hot.

And I only buy gas from Arco. Cheapest in town, just don't buy anything else there like smokes or sodas because that's where they try to make up their money.
Surely pumping fast would make more economic sense. Having your petrol tank open for the shortest possible time reduces the amount of time vapour has to escape - but you're only talking about really, really insignificant amounts. The temperature of the various companies storage systems for the fuel will play a much, much more important role.
I'm fairly certain there's a safety mechanism in the pumps that sucks the vapors out of the tanks to help prevent the possibility of a fire.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England

ATG wrote:

nozzle
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6229|NSW, Australia

petrol stations are meant to have something to make up for differences in temperatureby law.
so it doesnt matter what time of day you pump.
The#1Spot
+105|6539|byah

MysteryJake wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ATG wrote:

You are charged for what comes out the nozzle, but are given no credit for what is recovered in vapors, so yes, I pump on slow, in the morning when I can because the heat causes the fuel to expand and you actually pay a few cents more per gallon when its really hot.

And I only buy gas from Arco. Cheapest in town, just don't buy anything else there like smokes or sodas because that's where they try to make up their money.
Surely pumping fast would make more economic sense. Having your petrol tank open for the shortest possible time reduces the amount of time vapour has to escape - but you're only talking about really, really insignificant amounts. The temperature of the various companies storage systems for the fuel will play a much, much more important role.
I'm fairly certain there's a safety mechanism in the pumps that sucks the vapors out of the tanks to help prevent the possibility of a fire.
Must be that way in CA but not in FL.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

What......are you guys seriously talking about putting petrol into your car? What the fuck?

I guess maybe it's a big thing for North Americans as you have people that actually do it for you (lmao) ...
The reason we have people pump gas for us is because it creates jobs in our communities.. not because we are lazy.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Mekstizzle wrote:

I guess maybe it's a big thing for North Americans as you have people that actually do it for you (lmao) ...
what?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
it used to be a service to pump your gas... wash your windows.... and check your oil in the US...  Those days are gone...
Love is the answer
chittydog
less busy
+586|6834|Kubra, Damn it!

usmarine wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

what?
Outside of New Jersey, I think all Americans pump their own.
firebolt5
+114|6155
New Jersey and Oregon are the only two states that are illegal to pump your own gas

Last edited by firebolt5 (2008-11-22 19:50:00)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

chittydog wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

what?
Outside of New Jersey, I think all Americans pump their own.
and oregon.

so, i am willing to bet europe has more full service stations than the US.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6463|Tyne & Wear, England

usmarine wrote:

Speaking for the UK, I can't remember the last time I saw one.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6761

Switch wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Speaking for the UK, I can't remember the last time I saw one.
i know they have some in germany.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard