Wildbill100372
+1|6676
So, I was the U.S. commander on Karkand. We're kicking ass, as we pushed the MEC back to the factory. Well, some MEC stuck past and went for the hotel. I notice a squad leader way back at the U.S. base. I order him to defend the flag. He refuses. I order him again. Again, he refuses. So, I end up having to pull another squad at the train wreck flag to defend the flag. I'm a little pissed because this guy is doing absolutely nothing. Out of curiosity, I zoom in on him. I see he's sitting on a mounted MG, clearly trying to increase his ground-defense time. I call him a stat padder; he laughs, saying, "LOL. How am I stat padding?"

Would you call that stat padding?
DuVeL
+2|6661|New Gitland, the Netherlands
No, he's trying to get the ribbon for it probably and you need like several minutes on it to get and several kills.
For the ground defense ribbon you need 3 minutes in a TOW and 5 kills. I reckon he was trying to get it.
Still it's a public, some guys just wont listen...
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6836|Germany / Saxony
In my opinion this is not really stat padding.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Wildbill100372
+1|6676
To me, it's no different if a guy drove a jeep into the water to repair it all game long, which is something a lot of people on this board consider stat padding. He basically wasn't even playing. He might as well sat in an empty server.
Daxmann
+0|6702|Denmark
He's trying to get the ribbon so nope i would say that he is not a stat padder, but he should have help he's team.
d11fdj
+3|6741|Athens
No of course it's not stat-padding.  Whoever thinks it's stat-padding should read up on the definition of stat-padding!  The guy obviously wanted to increase his global time for the veteran Ground Defence - plenty of time to do that when you're commanding.

So all in all, just a bored noobie.
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6715|Germany
Häh! What? Stat padding?
How would you call it, when you're eating while playing and hiding in a corner.
Stat padding for time. Never heard greater bullshit. Sorry for flaming, but that must be said
Wildbill100372
+1|6676

Daxmann wrote:

He's trying to get the ribbon so nope i would say that he is not a stat padder, but he should have help he's team.
He's trying to get a ribbon, so it's OK? Isn't that why people stat pad? To get the shiny awards and ribbons, and promotions?
Esker
+1|6718
Lmao no I wouldn't regard that as stat padding, but I don't really regard much as stat padding these days because the accusations are thrown around way too much.

So long as padding doesn't affect the team or my game I honestly don't care. It just annoys me when people on your team are far more concerned about the 2 guys in corner padding their repair points than actually playing the damn round.
Wildbill100372
+1|6676

Esker wrote:

Lmao no I wouldn't regard that as stat padding, but I don't really regard much as stat padding these days because the accusations are thrown around way too much.

So long as padding doesn't affect the team or my game I honestly don't care. It just annoys me when people on your team are far more concerned about the 2 guys in corner padding their repair points than actually playing the damn round.
Well, that's what pissed me off. I asked him to defend a flag point since he was the closest squad leader. He refused. It didn't bother me until I asked him to actually do something other than sit at a mounted MG doing absolutely nothing.
DuVeL
Well, that's what you get on ranked servers. If you want real teamplay then I'd suggest you check out the people from [TG] for USbased people or -=[dMw]=- for EURObased. Although they don't have ranked servers, they do expect teamplay.
d11fdj
+3|6741|Athens

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Daxmann wrote:

He's trying to get a ribbon, so it's OK? Isn't that why people stat pad? To get the shiny awards and ribbons, and promotions?
Stat-padding is exploiting the game in ways other than the ways than it's meant to be played.

Thus, repairing your own vehicle is a glitch - stat-padding.
The artillery bug pre-1.03 - stat-padding.
Knifing someone whilst someone else revives - stat-padding.
Sitting in ground defense (= defending your base) - NOT STAT PADDING!
Also, switching to winning team - NOT STAT PADDING, otherwise the autobalance would always be on.

And before someone says that i'm saying this because i've got veteran ground defense - I only use ground defense when i'm commanding, unlike some other wank commanders who fly and forget about UAV, supplies, orders.

By the way I'm surprised EA haven't mentioned removing the 'earn repair points by repairing your own humvee' bug - maybe they've realised that noone's going to get 1000 repair points otherwise???

Last edited by d11fdj (2006-01-24 05:08:31)

Esker
+1|6718

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Esker wrote:

Well, that's what pissed me off. I asked him to defend a flag point since he was the closest squad leader. He refused. It didn't bother me until I asked him to actually do something other than sit at a mounted MG doing absolutely nothing.
I've seen stat padders who stop what they're doing and play the round if the team is losing or like you say help recapture a CP.

This guy however is a moron, does he not think that the moment they take the hotel they'll not notice him and kill him?
Wildbill100372
+1|6676

Esker wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Esker wrote:

I've seen stat padders who stop what they're doing and play the round if the team is losing or like you say help recapture a CP.

This guy however is a moron, does he not think that the moment they take the hotel they'll not notice him and kill him?
How would they notice him? He was ALL the way at the rear U.S. spawn point. Where the tank and APC spawn. Not at the two forward spawn points. He was defending nothing.
Esker
+1|6718

d11fdj wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Daxmann wrote:

Stat-padding is exploiting the game in ways other than the ways than it's meant to be played.

Also, switching to winning team - NOT STAT PADDING, otherwise the autobalance would always be on.

And before someone says that i'm saying this because i've got veteran ground defense - I only use ground defense when i'm commanding, unlike some other wank commanders who fly and forget about UAV, supplies, orders.

By the way I'm surprised EA haven't mentioned removing the 'earn repair points by repairing your own humvee' bug - maybe they've realised that noone's going to get 1000 repair points otherwise???
Tbh EA fucked up big time with the repair point system, it's a joke plain and simple. Expecting people not to exploit it is just retarded.

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Esker wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

How would they notice him? He was ALL the way at the rear U.S. spawn point. Where the tank and APC spawn. Not at the two forward spawn points. He was defending nothing.
Well you never said where he was so I just assumed he was near the square or something. If he was all the way back at the US spawn you should have just ignored him, there's no way he was going to intend to play that round anyway..

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-24 05:14:37)

Wildbill100372
+1|6676

d11fdj wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

Daxmann wrote:

I see your point, which is why I asked the question. But since you brought up, "Stat-padding is exploiting the game in ways other than the ways than it's meant to be played." Couldn't one consider not getting involved in the game (sitting at a mounted MG refusing to engage the enemy) as not a way the game is "meant to be played?"
d11fdj
+3|6741|Athens
Esker I agree absolutely - I've recently passed the 100hour mark for engineer and i still have under 400 repairs.  And when engineer i repair every chance i get, i go back to the base to repair arty/uav/satellite, i drive around in humvee behind tanks and repair, i even sometimes repair when i'm in a chopper, hovering close to the ... whatever needs repairing. 

What i'm trying to say is, I'm definitely sure that EA knows about the repair bug, and I'm sure that they're leaving it in on purpose!  I WANT MY MEDAL OF MERITORIOUS SERVICE! aaaah i might have to resort to the occasional humvee trick too :-(
Esker
+1|6718
I want it too and I'm extremely tempted to do the humvee trick because repair ponts are so messed up I've got just shy of 500 and I'm not exactly wanting to waste another 400 hours getting another 500 heh.

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-24 05:23:34)

d11fdj
+3|6741|Athens
"I see your point, which is why I asked the question. But since you brought up, "Stat-padding is exploiting the game in ways other than the ways than it's meant to be played." Couldn't one consider not getting involved in the game (sitting at a mounted MG refusing to engage the enemy) as not a way the game is "meant to be played?"

Well I agree with you in this, although technically he could be 'defending' his base against enemy spec ops.  We all know that's not what's going on, but it's an excuse.  Whilst repairing your own vehicle etc etc has no valid excuse.

I do see your point, and i absolutely agree with you  - it infuriates when people refuse to obey orders that will potentially cost us the round simply because they're doing their own stuff.  Why are you in a squad if you're not following your *beeeep* orders?
StickyBombs
+8|6749|Sacramento, CA (USA)

d11fdj wrote:

No of course it's not stat-padding.  Whoever thinks it's stat-padding should read up on the definition of stat-padding!  The guy obviously wanted to increase his global time for the veteran Ground Defence - plenty of time to do that when you're commanding.

So all in all, just a bored noobie.
Great point...I don't have a problem having a person sitting in a vehicle trying to earn there points...if it's a jeep then who cares...or a mounted machine gun in the distance...it's only 1 guy.
No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6688|Sacramento
nah I wouldnt call that padding. if its just time hes building, then no biggie. If it involves killing a friend over and over (actual stat-padding) then yeah, thats bad.

but for time.. and minding his own business.. no. What I would have told him was to leave the squad and go unassigned. if he didnt, arty him.
DuVeL
*Old thread*
Koolan
+0|6629|Australia
I was doing a similar thing at the very rear MEC base on karkand in the TOW and i waited for like 3 mins or what ever and got my basic badge, just as i got off th TOW 2 US APCs come flying aroun the corner with 2 guys in each hoping to take th ebaack flags, just so you know i took both of them out becuase the didnt know what hit em.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6742
If he was way back at your base, then maybe you shouldnt have been ordering him to defend the train which is the other side of the map. maybe he just didnt like your order and was thinking that it was a stupid order.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6760|Human Meat Shield
Let him be. It's only one freakin' guy. How is one guy going to defend anything unless he's sniper or Spec ops? Okay nevermind. But leave him alone. It's funny how commanders order me around when I am the SL and by myself, they send me to where 20 people are to defend or cap, erm...okay. No longer SL at that point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard