ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Blizzard's second expansion to their ground-breaking World of Warcraft franchise has become the fastest-selling PC game of all time.

'Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft(R)'s second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King(TM), has sold more than 2.8 million copies in its first 24 hours of availability, making it the fastest-selling PC game of all time. This eclipses the previous record of nearly 2.4 million copies sold in 24 hours, set in January 2007 by Blizzard's first World of Warcraft expansion, The Burning Crusade(R).Wrath of the Lich King was simultaneously released in North America, Europe, Chile, Argentina, and Russia on November 13; Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand on November 14; and South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on November 18.

In celebration of the launch, more than 15,000 stores throughout the world had their doors open at midnight to welcome thousands of expectant players. Several of these locations were attended by Blizzard Entertainment representatives, who met players and signed copies of the game.

"We're grateful for the incredible support that players around the world have continued to show for World of Warcraft," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Wrath of the Lich King contains some of the best content we've created for the game so far, and we look forward to seeing even more players log in to experience it in the days ahead."

"After a single day of availability, Wrath of the Lich King is already the bestselling PC game of 2008 at GameStop and ranks as one of our top-selling products so far this year," said Bob McKenzie, GameStop's senior vice president of merchandising. "In keeping with the tradition established by their previous releases, Blizzard Entertainment has again created a product that not only reflects their high standards of quality but is clearly an instant hit with gamers around the country."

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2551

I know its world of warcraft. but still, sales like these will surely help the pc community
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
gay
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
Its like virtual crack.

Bum crack that is!

Yeah I made a gay joke as well.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

Mekstizzle wrote:

gay
OmniDeath
~
+726|6641

jord wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

gay
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6783|Anaheim, CA

Sad tbh
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

OmniDeath wrote:

jord wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

gay
inb4 Tarique
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6433
And people wonder why some say PC gaming is dead.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Fat_Swinub wrote:

I dont fully understand what you mean mate.

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2008-11-20 11:27:54)

blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5745|Croatia

Mekstizzle wrote:

gay

GuliblGuy wrote:

Sad tbh
Gay and sad tbh
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6485|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
You have to give it to Blizzard, they make a game and they support the shit outta it and listen to the players. Not like some other gamE Around.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It isn't dead, but people who say >$2k systems every two years are necessary aren't helping much, and neither do buggy console-PC ports.

PC gaming has a lot of things going for it, including classic and emulation gaming, and lower game pricing. It's still the king of the FPS, RTS and RPG. Face it, over-the-shoulder control isn't as smooth as first person, and the keyboard/mouse is still the way to go for strategy. As for RPG, the PC is still the best thing for games like Oblivion, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and RPGers have Diablo III coming out. Also, for what it's worth, World of Warcraft still squats on PC championship like a cancerous toad. Slimy and cartoony, it is still a financial success, and as long as there are big PC titles, there will be people making PC games.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-11-20 12:36:16)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
I called it in the other thread and felt the scorch of the sun.

Fuck you guys, I was right all along!!!111one

And Sheriff, stop implying I'm a fucking Muslim you Celt bastard.

Last edited by Uzique (2008-11-20 12:38:52)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

Uzique wrote:

And Sheriff, stop implying I'm a fucking Muslim you Celt bastard.
Wat you on about Tarique?

Also, Celts are fucking hardcore.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Doesn't count, it's only an expansion not a full game.

Thpbpbpbpb.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Ty wrote:

Thpbpbpbpb.
In terms of content, size and lifespan it's very much a "full" game.

People counted CoD: WAW as a new release even though it was a reskinned CoD4 didn't they? UO's sales figures were separate to CoD1... etc.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

Ty wrote:

Thpbpbpbpb.
Twas just thinking that.

Otherwise they'd count all the Sims shit together and it'd be the best selling game of all time.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6436|King Of The Islands

Uzique wrote:

Ty wrote:

Thpbpbpbpb.
In terms of content, size and lifespan it's very much a "full" game.

People counted CoD: WAW as a new release even though it was a reskinned CoD4 didn't they? UO's sales figures were separate to CoD1... etc.
It's a completely different theme with entirely new singleplayer campaign, and you're comparing it to an XPack which only adds 10 lvls?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Wrath Of The Lich King is a stupid title imo.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
Yay go atvi stocks! in hard economic times lol
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA

TheAussieReaper wrote:

Wrath Of The Lich King is a stupid title imo.
tbh

Meh, I never got into this game, and I don't plan too.  I'm content with my FPS PC games.
Mugen
+19|5997
wrath of the bitch king
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
Christ on a bike... 

Me: "James I'm having a movie night, you and the guys should come over"
James: 'Might not be able to I have an instance raid on with my guild"
Me: '..."
Defiance
+438|6669

Silly kids.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6339|Atlanta, Georgia
Halo 3 sold 2.45 million in the first 24 hours....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard