sithao
+63|6596|Los Angeles, California
Is it possible to increase your pain tolerance?.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
I wouldn't want the training to be quite honest that would be required to increase it. If your going to try this then you really need proper equiptment e.g. electrodes etc... otherwise its just self harm.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Yes, hurt yourself.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6141|New Austin, Not
Maybe.
Try cutting yourself repeatedly 
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
Gingers have the lowest pain threshold.

I dunno, become a Shaolin Monk or something?
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
As in stress positions?

It's all in the mind. If you want to stand more pain you will do.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6797|Lithuania
Conditioning or drugs
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
sithao
+63|6596|Los Angeles, California
I want to be able to take-in/brush off pain while fighting.

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Conditioning or drugs
What kind of conditioning?.

Last edited by sithao (2008-11-18 13:56:35)

Brasso
+1,549|6600

ignorance, the good kind
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO

sithao wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Conditioning or drugs
Fucking painful physical conditioning that as i said would require expensive medical equiptment to do properly i.e. electrodes and converters, other than that you could only do this by self harming which just isn't cool and probably wouldn't work to be quite honest.

Though you could probably pay for incredibly expensive psychological conditioning though that would cost a fortune and be nothing less than brainwashing.

Last edited by Noobeater (2008-11-18 13:56:03)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6463|N. Ireland

jord wrote:

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

kylef wrote:

jord wrote:

This for the 18th time in the thread. There was a fat guy at school that used to run into a fence at dinner to improve his pain tolerance. It didn't work... Though he may have lost a few pounds doing the running...
Brasso
+1,549|6600

jord wrote:

kylef wrote:

jord wrote:

This for the 18th time in the thread. There was a fat guy at school that used to run into a fence at dinner to improve his pain tolerance. It didn't work... Though he may have lost a few pounds doing the running...
what did dinner have to do with his fence running?

silly fatties
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
Pics or it didn't happen.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

stab yourself
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6797|Lithuania

Noobeater wrote:

sithao wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Conditioning or drugs
Fucking painful physical conditioning that as i said would require expensive medical equiptment to do properly i.e. electrodes and converters, other than that you could only do this by self harming which just isn't cool and probably wouldn't work to be quite honest.

Though you could probably pay for incredibly expensive psychological conditioning though that would cost a fortune and be nothing less than brainwashing.
It really depends on what kind of "pain" you're trying to sense less of.

Speaking from experience, every week in my karate class, we do a segment called "body hardening," (kote-ate in Jap) where we're paired with a partner and basically hit each other in the forearms/arms/stomach/inner & outer legs (in that order) and repeat for about 5-10 minutes. You end up sore as hell but I can tell you that I can now sense a lot less pain and can take many more hits than when I originally started. Sometimes you get the feeling like you're made of steel, it's great.
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6417|Boulder, CO
As i said without pain it is difficult to gain increased tolerance but on your own it is difficult.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine
Pain is a mental thing. It can be overcome, but you need to be like Criss Angel or something.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6797|Lithuania

CrazeD wrote:

Pain is a mental thing. It can be overcome, but you need to be like Criss Angel or something.
pain is as much physical as it is mental. There is only so much pain you can overcome mentally alone without the need of physical conditioning.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5717|Croatia
Join green berets or other covert special forces and find out
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon

sithao wrote:

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Parker wrote:

sithao wrote:

Good example. Another similar "endurance" test is done by Indians (from India) I believe and that is walking on embers.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6300|teh alien spaceshit
do any contact sports, meditate, and ignore the pain.
Alos, play a lot of bloody knuckles.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN!!!!

GoW has some of the most unintentionally silly dialog ever.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6615|Malibu
Many sports that has heavy physical contact with another player, or military, usually trains a person in pain tolerance. It is not about feeling less pain, but to move on without your brain saying stop when the pain is still lingering inside the body.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard