RoboAngel
+0|6673
Well they should make it that you are able to mod your weaponds such as adding a laser sight to the assault gun or some thing. Or adding a scilencer to the ak or m4 add more ammo cartriges.
Freshmetal
+0|6666
I like the ablity to customize ur own weapons to ur special needs. Agreed
gimp-pf
+80|6671
this would make the game so much better. this is a huge step though lots of time would be needed to pull this off
[BambiKillerz]Brian
+1|6709
yea adjust your weapons before u play a round that would be alsome. Try emailing EA about this great idea
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6718|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
or adjust it in your BHFQ
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6676
Would be nice!
BEE_Grim_Reaper
+15|6712|Germany
Well... I hope noone will have the idea of adding a TNNT (Tactical Nuke Noob Tube).... Actually, it is a nice idea since nearly all weapons are fitted with picantinny rails (spelling?). On the other hand: I don't see it coming since it would mean a major reconfiguration of the weapon GFX lest the modification to the weapon codes in game.

I remember the time, Joint Operations Escalation came out and with it the ability to choose from 3 different ammo type (JHP, FMJ and AP). Did not change much since people still used FMJ most as it was an allround ammo.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida
Yes, this would be a great idea.  For example, I love the Assault class, but when I'm USMC for some reason I just don't like the M16A2/M203 as much as the regular M16A2.  It'd be cool if you could adjust all of this in your BFHQ.
SlowReload
+0|6666
it would help a lot. and would be really kool to put an sight on a mg

AMD64 3800+ An8SLIDELUXE             Nvidia Quatro 1440 OpenGL            2Gb ram
https://www.bf2player.com/sig/44772099-539.png
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6684|Broadlands, VA
"Mod you weapon" is a very dangerous thing to balance.  Like, if I add a recoil supressor to my AK, that throws the whole game balance off.  Perhaps a pre defined set of mods like:

- Add 2 extra clips of ammo, but remove body armor
- Add Laser sight but no knife in the kit

Both silly, but you see where I am going.
SlowReload
+0|6666
i want to pimp my weapon

AMD64 3800+ An8SLIDELUXE             Nvidia Quatro 1440 OpenGL            2Gb ram
https://www.bf2player.com/sig/44772099-539.png
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6717|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Would be cool to have mods for the weapons, but only certain weapons should have certain mods to keep balance, for instance you would have to choose between a Scope or a Silencer for your M16. The Scope increases accuracy at range and decreases your field of vision, the Silencer allows you to kill quietly but decreases your range. Everything has pro's and con's so that you have to compromise. Below is a list of the Pro's and Con's as well as the ideas I have for the weapons.

Suppressor (Silencer) - Kill silently but decreases range
Scope - 2.5x magnification (like the L85A1's SUSAT) increases accuracy but decreases field of view
Aimpoint - Same as what the M4 and SCAR-L have - imcreases accuracy slightly but decreases FOV
Scope AND Rifled Slugs - Extends effective range of pump-shotguns at cost of area damage
High-Cap Magazine - Doubles the ammo in a pistol clip, halves the total ammo carried
Laser Sight - Aiming reference that doesn't restrict view but can be seen by enemy
Thermal Scope - Allows Snipers to have a clear view of enemies obstructed by buildings, foliage and vehicles

Assault Rifles -

M16 - Scope or Suppressor
AK101/47 - Scope or Suppressor
G3 - Scope or Suppressor
F2000 - Suppressor or Aimpoint
L85A1 - Suppressor or Aimpoint
G36E - Scope or Suppressor

Carbines -

M4 - Scope or Suppressor
QBZ-97 - Scope or Suppressor
Ak-74U - Scope or Suppressor
G36C - Scope or Suppressor
SCAR-L - Scope or Suppressor

Shotguns -

NOR982/M11-87 - Scope AND Rifled Slugs

Pistols -

92FS/MR-444/QSZ-92 - High-Cap Magazine or Laser Sight 

LMG's -

RPK-74/M249/Type 95/MG36/PKM - Scopes

SMG's -

MP5/Type 85/PP-19 - Aimpoint and Suppressor or Laser and Suppressor

Sniper Rifles -

M24 - Thermal Scope
M95 - Thermal Scope
Type 88 - Thermal Scope or Suppressor
SVD - Thermal Scope or Suppressor

Shame I don't work for DICE

Last edited by =FDX=VEga (2006-02-01 20:15:34)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida
Vega your ideas are good but don't you think it'd be stupid to have a squad completely armed with silencers on their M16's?  Good ideas though but I think those would be overused, especially for the assault rifles.  Scopes on an M249?  I think they ought to do more "kit" modifications, like kaosdad said.  Take extra ammo or you could have some body armor.  Take a grenade launcher attachment or take a pistol.  You know, something along those lines
josh's
Banned
+2|6694
yea that be good but it would be sweet if u could have flame throwers and bayonett's on your m16 or g3
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

It would be cool, but it would make it incredibly hard for EA to keep track of your stats. And as long as it dosn't allow people to add GLs to every weapon in the game.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6710|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
Guys, if you want that, model them for yourself. It most likely wont happen, find a way to convert CS:S models into the file for bf2, you can also use those sounds. You can do that, and hey, there you go!
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr

josh's wrote:

yea that be good but it would be sweet if u could have flame throwers and bayonett's on your m16 or g3
Yeah a flamethrower on the G3 - Overkill maybe? Unrealistic maybe? Breaking the Geneva Convention maybe?

The bayonet would be cool perhaps but should alter the accuracy of your main weapon if you want to fire it.

My ideas that I posted before should probably be limited - maybe with each unlock you earn you should also earn a weapons upgrade.

For instance - for the 10 unlocks I have in my account ( http://bf2s.com/player/43786882/ ) I would unlock the following upgrades

Suppressor for my G36C
Rifled Slugs and Scope for my M11-87
Laser Sight for my MR-444 (because the iron sights are shit)
Scope for my MG36
Aimpoint and Silencer for my MP5
Thermal Scope for my M95
Thermal Scope for my M24
Suppressor for my SVD
Suppressor for my G3
High-Cap Magazine for my 92FS

These Weapon upgrades are selected with an extra button in the Class Selection Screen and can also be viewed in your BFHQ with stats showing how they affect the weapons.

So with my new idea, everyone is limited to a certain number of upgrades (impossible to unlock them all and each weapon can only have one).

God i'm a funkin genius!
shadowdark1974
+0|6669|San Diego
What i would like to see them do is add some of the weapons from BF.V.  I liked having the morder or catrups. Wouldn't mind having a throwing knife also! what they should do is allow you to set up your kits prior to joining a server and thats what you have to run with till you exit the server. that and make it so that you can get the extras buy paying from your points. Say somthing from medic, support or repair from your team points. stuff like that......P.S. i want the toys from BF2SF to Play with on BF2! Grappling hooks would make some of the maps alot more fun.
[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6718|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
Vega, you should email DICE for work, so you can put your idea through.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
Lol yeah right, as if thats going to happen. Unfortunately I have lots of genius ideas like these but nothing will ever happen with them because the only way they would get added would be if EA could make more money off it.
sparklet
Banned
+34|6753|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
you can MOD your guns in america's army
Freshmetal
+0|6666
I want a gl attachment on my SAW bitch

Give it to me!!!!
motherdear
+25|6656|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
well the problem is that most pc's would not be able to run the game with 64 players with differently modded weapons cool idea but practically impossible with our day pc's systems. and if you should make these mods on your weapon it shouldn't be a thermal scope it should be a better scope for zooming or the ability to costumise your weapon for different ranges etc, shoots accurately at a 200 meters but you gotta aim higher at longer ranges becuase of the bullet drop and shoot lower at shorter ranges so it would become more realistic but if you wanna customice your weapon for some ranges you lose the benefit of the scope zoom mode, so this would mean that the svd could be customiced for 100 or 150 meters distance and the m24 could shoot at 300-400 meters but then it takes more time to aim because you can't soom so it takes longer time to place the bullet the proper place. so if they did this it would increase gameplay because differetn persons got different needs because some persons may want to shoot at long ranges and some people want to shoot at close for supporting their squads with the dragunov which it's actually meant for because it was developed becuased they need every ninth infantrymen to have a longer range but less close combat abilityes which made them more usefull since they could shoot people at longer ranges and thereby help in etc. sniper areas when they advance.
HEN00
+0|6722
support & agree
[pib]xenium
+0|6656|Netherlands
modifications should come with the badges / ribbons / medals as an extra making it worth to earn those things and usefull

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard