usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

jord wrote:

Still going infantry though, it's what GS would have wanted...
GS wasnt infantry.  His MOS was something else.
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

No but before he left us I suggested armourer, he replied "Go infantry fag". Or something similar. I live my life by those 3 words.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

No but before he left us I suggested armourer, he replied "Go infantry fag". Or something similar. I live my life by those 3 words.
good
jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

usmarine wrote:

jord wrote:

usmarine wrote:

good
You probably know if he's still here or where he is, let me know.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD
the slinger of guns was Psyop
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6738|Pakistan/England
I'm studying for a degree in aeronautical engineering and its a lot of fun. have two friends at embry-riddle and it seems like they are having a great time too; one of them posted pics of him skydiving the other day on facebook. sounds like a good place to be, especially if you want to continue flying!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US

mcjagdflieger wrote:

getting your PPL beforehand will give you no advantage whatsoever over other potential air force (or any service for that matter) pilots. they dont give a fuck if you know what the inside of a plane smells like, they want to train you their way, not the civilian way. the military is interested in how well you do in math and sciences. most ERAU AFROTC kids with pilot slots are Aeronautical Engineers, and the very best of the class in math and science scores. 50 AF pilot slots, and only 1 or 2 of them were aeronautical science majors. there were 400 kids in my AFROTC class. You need to be the best. If you're serious about AF flying, you best fix your math problems now. its not too late, but you dont have much time left. You will get into Embry Riddle, they accept everybody. I got a 1040 on my SAT's (the old one) and i got in. but like i said, you better have your shit straight by the time your there. bad math scores in HS wont really matter, as long as you can kick ass in college. i was also told when i was there that its alot easier to get a pilot slot with the navy or marines. not to say its easy, just easier than AF, and also a hell of a lot less kids in the NROTC or whatever they call it.
Uh, AFROTC gets approximately 400-500 UPT slots per year, and commissions about 1300...50 out of 400 doesn't seem very representative of those numbers.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

tahadar wrote:

I'm studying for a degree in aeronautical engineering and its a lot of fun. have two friends at embry-riddle and it seems like they are having a great time too; one of them posted pics of him skydiving the other day on facebook. sounds like a good place to be, especially if you want to continue flying!
ERAU's still not out of the question. I'm still going to apply and see if I get in.

Once I see what colleges accept me (and I'm only applying to aeronautical schools - I know what I want to do with my life, and it's fly planes) I'll determine where I go from there.

Right now though, it's looking like I'm going to join the AF right out of HS and I'll get my college education/AS degree through them. Things may and probably will change though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6665|NT, like Mick Dundee

jord wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Picked this up today:

http://www.textbooksrus.com/book_pics_l … 453369.jpg

Gonna be studying like a motherfucker for the next 6 months, especially with no Chem or Math anymore.

Last time I did the Army's aptitude testing I qualified for just about every job they have. Ofc the piloting jobs require extra aptitude testing which I didn't do but you get the picture.
I got a score of 66, he said every single job in the British Army is open to me with that score. Still going infantry though, it's what GS would have wanted...

rip gs lulz
Infantry mofocker.

Actaully R3v spent 6 months in the infantry and hated it.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Dear God...the ASVAB's going to be a piece of cake. I've been studying the information I need to know, and most of the stuff (specifically the science) is like...stuff I learned in 8th and 9th grade.

Good thing I dropped out of Chem this year, as apparentely there'll only be MAYBE 1 question on Chem in the whole General Science section.

However, just because I think it's easy doesn't mean I'm not going to study as hard as I was originally planning to. I still want to get atleast in the 90's.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-12-09 13:08:55)

icecold2510
+31|6294
I'm deciding on the Marines now. The Army's benefits can go fuck themselves.
I plan on going 03XX, hoping to get 0311 rifleman. I just hope they don't put me as LAV crewman or mortar man.

I also took the practice ASVAB with the Army recruiter, I scored a 68 I believe.  I haven't even finished all my maths or sciences yet in school... oh and I graduate the same time as you Poseidon.

Last edited by icecold2510 (2008-12-09 14:12:54)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

icecold2510 wrote:

I plan on going 03XX, hoping to get 0311 rifleman. I just hope they don't put me as LAV crewman or mortar man.

I also took the practice ASVAB with the Army recruiter, I scored a 68 I believe.  I haven't even finished all my maths or sciences yet in school... oh and I graduate the same time as you Poseidon.
You haven't? Earth Science + Bio are the only sciences you need...and some people finished them in 9th grade.

And year of 2010 =
icecold2510
+31|6294

Poseidon wrote:

icecold2510 wrote:

You haven't? Earth Science + Bio are the only sciences you need...and some people finished them in 9th grade.

And year of 2010 =
I have those two, but I took chemistry to get TOPS (Louisiana scholarship thing for a 2.5 GPA or higher). But I decided against it since I am really bad at math and I needed one more.

Join the Marine Corps!  I plan on DEP'ing in July 09 and leaving in July of 2010. You should do the same since we will both be at PI!

And I agree about the class of 2010
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

icecold2510 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

icecold2510 wrote:

And year of 2010 =
I have those two, but I took chemistry to get TOPS (Louisiana scholarship thing for a 2.5 GPA or higher). But I decided against it since I am really bad at math and I needed one more.

Join the Marine Corps!  I plan on DEP'ing in July 09 and leaving in July of 2010. You should do the same since we will both be at PI!

And I agree about the class of 2010
Yeah, I'm terrible at math, but as I've said in the thread recently, I was able to drop it and I still get a credit for it. So I'll have 3 math and science credits, 4 history/gov credits, 4 english credits and a fuckton of electives/other classes credits.

Lol, no Marine Corps for me. Was debating it, but I decided on the Air Force. I'm also planning on DEPing in July or August of '09 and leaving like, the minute I get my diploma.

I'll be at Lackland AFB (I think) in Texas...have fun on Parris Island.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6311|South Jersey

RAIMIUS wrote:

Uh, AFROTC gets approximately 400-500 UPT slots per year, and commissions about 1300...50 out of 400 doesn't seem very representative of those numbers.
Not sure what you're getting at here, but 50 slots from Det. 157, ERAU daytona campus, when i was there
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6649
In all honesty I would definitely recommend university before you think about joining the armed forces. It'll end up giving you more diversity later on in life especially if you find out the army isn't for you. You could, alternatively, go to uni ani after serving your country but tbh I think you'd be missing out on the general buzz simply because you'd be older.

Get some qualifications first as these will be useful throughout life and potentially for your army career (I don't know about the US army but in the Norwegian forces, a degree usually helps fasttracking to officer=more pay=bossing people around, etc.)
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

In all honesty I would definitely recommend university before you think about joining the armed forces. It'll end up giving you more diversity later on in life especially if you find out the army isn't for you. You could, alternatively, go to uni ani after serving your country but tbh I think you'd be missing out on the general buzz simply because you'd be older.

Get some qualifications first as these will be useful throughout life and potentially for your army career (I don't know about the US army but in the Norwegian forces, a degree usually helps fasttracking to officer=more pay=bossing people around, etc.)
teddy speaks the truth.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard