FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago is the best goddamn city in America. Been there several times and I'll be back again no doubt sometime.
Have you been to every city in America?
Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Niagara, Wilmington, New York, Boston, Albany, Schenectady, DC, Miami. The only one I could imagine being comparable would be San Fran or somewhere in California.
So...the answer is no.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago is the best goddamn city in America. Been there several times and I'll be back again no doubt sometime.
Chicago, good (except for the whole "US Murder Capital" bit...)
Chicago's political machine, BAD
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

RAIMIUS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Chicago, good (except for the whole "US Murder Capital" bit...)
Chicago's political machine, BAD
DC stole our title...

I'm guessing CamPoe didn't spend much time on the southside though, or his review wouldn't be so glowing
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Poseidon wrote:

Say what you want about her, but even a lot of Republicans I've been hearing think she's a good choice.

Although I'd much prefer Chuck Hagel.
Yeah, not a bad choice... had to give her something with some power, and better there than have her pushing for a seat on the Supreme Court.  She is a lawyer, after all.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Have you been to every city in America?
Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee, Buffalo, Niagara, Wilmington, New York, Boston, Albany, Schenectady, DC, Miami. The only one I could imagine being comparable would be San Fran or somewhere in California.
So...the answer is no.
Have you? Until I've visited better, Chicago remains king.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-11-18 00:44:02)

FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

So...the answer is no.
No, but that wasn't the point.

It's a totally subjective thing...as some other posters have noted (murder capital of the US comes to mind).

There's a lot of other cities in the US I'd rather spend my time in...if I had to spend it in a city.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

FEOS wrote:

It's a totally subjective thing...as some other posters have noted (murder capital of the US comes to mind).

There's a lot of other cities in the US I'd rather spend my time in...if I had to spend it in a city.
I didn't suggest anywhere that I was not being subjective. That is the way I feel about Chicago - emotion based on personal experience, personal preference and a healthy dollop of rationality.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire
Delaware is the coolest city in the US!

"Delaware....yeah.... I'm in.... Delaware".
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I didn't suggest anywhere that I was not being subjective. That is the way I feel about Chicago - emotion based on personal experience, personal preference and a healthy dollop of rationality.
You're wrong.

And Delaware isn't a city. Just like Europe's not a country.
― Albert Einstein

imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

So...the answer is no.
Wow, pretty poor selection, actually.  LOTS better cities around, in my opinion.  Of course, it all depends on your grading criteria of 'best.'
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama;_ylt=AoOb27vqX5mveFjkMF77beLLLJ94

This is great Obama will surround himself with corrupt politicians from Chicago. All of our problems are solved.
...and Bush surrounded himself with cronies from Texas and from previous administrations with questionable ethics (like Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz).
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081117/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama;_ylt=AoOb27vqX5mveFjkMF77beLLLJ94

This is great Obama will surround himself with corrupt politicians from Chicago. All of our problems are solved.
...and Bush surrounded himself with cronies from Texas and from previous administrations with questionable ethics (like Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz).
"questionable ethics?"  Politicians?  Say it ain't so, Turq, say it ain't so....
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

imortal wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

"questionable ethics?"  Politicians?  Say it ain't so, Turq, say it ain't so....
That was my way of referring to the Vietnam War.  Pardon my tendency for understating.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng

FEOS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

FEOS wrote:

So...the answer is no.
No, but that wasn't the point.

I read somewhere that Houston is the muder capital of the US, actually.

Best US city i've been to was either San Antonio or New Orleans 2003 edition.

But as cities go, Euro and Far Eastern cities are 10x better.
#rekt
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

Forget Chicago roots. He's Irish didn't you know.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xFWbarrsc
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it?
― Albert Einstein

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Hence why Obama picks his cabinet from Chicago and not Texas
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Cute. But irrelevant.

Cheney: Not from Texas
Rummy: Not from Texas
Wolfowitz: Not from Texas
Feith: Not from Texas
Ashcroft: Not from Texas
Powell: Not from Texas
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Cute. But irrelevant.

Bush Jr: From Texas
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Cute. But irrelevant.

Bush Jr: From Texas
And?
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

FEOS wrote:

And?
Well, Obama has certainly taken a different course of action. Maybe lowings paranoia is warranted?

Obama might be selecting a bunch of terrorist, left wing, freedom hater "associates" from Chicago.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard