blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

mtb0minime wrote:

This is why no one is so desperate to get into Heaven right away...
http://www.pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF0 … Heaven.gif
hahaha thats lulzie
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
Because killing yourself doesn't get there.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
lol, heaven.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

lowing wrote:

Since the vast majority of the worlds population believes in life after death, it is funny that they will do anything to live as long as possible. Maybe their faith isn't as steadfast as they portrait?
When you spend your entire concious life in this reality, am not so sure where you get this idea these people have no reservations about jumping into a new one?  Assuming it does exist.

People get nervous about going to a new school/job, eventhough they fully know what to expect.
NAthANSmitt
Stud
+4|6128

lowing wrote:

I mean, given a choice, how many beleivers out there will choose death and heaven right now, over, hanging around here on earth for as long as they can?
Its called suicide, and its generally frowned upon. I dont know what the exactly is the Jewish view of this, however, Catholics believe that if there is:
1. No possibility of recovery
2. The person is totally and completely dependent on the machine
3. There is too much money or recouces being used

If it meets these, its generally ok if you pull the plug.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

kylef wrote:

Because killing yourself doesn't get there.
This^

Also: Peas and rice! The "serious" aspect of this forum has gone to shit (edit: moreso) lately.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2008-11-17 14:52:41)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

NAthANSmitt wrote:

lowing wrote:

I mean, given a choice, how many beleivers out there will choose death and heaven right now, over, hanging around here on earth for as long as they can?
Its called suicide, and its generally frowned upon. I dont know what the exactly is the Jewish view of this, however, Catholics believe that if there is:
1. No possibility of recovery
2. The person is totally and completely dependent on the machine
3. There is too much money or recouces being used

If it meets these, its generally ok if you pull the plug.
Well there is that thing about the girl in italy who has been in a comma for years after a car crash.  Her dad wants her feeding tube removed and the church is going skits over it.

They also denied a catholic funeral to a similar case of a guy in italy a few years back.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6289|Éire
Fuck religion, it belongs in the stone age to be honest. We should all be old enough and wise enough by now to not need fairy tales anymore.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6548|UK

Braddock wrote:

Fuck religion, it belongs in the stone age to be honest. We should all be old enough and wise enough by now to not need fairy tales anymore.
Was Fred Flinstone an atheist?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

Braddock wrote:

You write this as though the word only implies fairy tales about a man and woman who got greedy and kicked out of a garden by god after a talking snake told them to eat magical fruit. There's a hell of a lot more to religion than that.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6828|Denver colorado
I really don't think this has to do with heaven and cristianity.

If you look at it more objectivly you can see clearly that the problem the parents have is that they are adverse to the idea that their son is dead. all the stuff about religion is just their last attempts to justify it.

Also, I feel bad bringing this up but as a buddhist I don't feel its appropriate to just dismiss all religions of being a big fairy tale and not worthy of modern times. I'm not going to argue; thats just my take on it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard