Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
I watched the trailer, but just look like blood and new weapons added to same game.  Not to sure about it yet.

I want my BF3, must google that before end of break.

The economy might be effecting it and no release yadda yadda new administration outlawing bytes and regulations........
jord
+2,382|6698|The North, beyond the wall.

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I watched the trailer, but just look like blood and new weapons added to same game.  Not to sure about it yet.

I want my BF3, must google that before end of break.

The economy might be effecting it and no release yadda yadda new administration outlawing bytes and regulations........
Throwing knives, boat planes., SR71's, portable miniguns...

Free

Come on
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
Are there houses you can hold up in that are destructible?

Not really into vehicles, small squad tactics on a massive battle field. No arty, no jets, no attack helos, no tanks.  Just good old fashioned squad tactics with snipers, MGs.....  No run and gun fast paced shit either.  Deliberate assaults and movements.

I just fear this economy is holding development of a game like this back.
jord

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Are there houses you can hold up in that are destructible?

Not really into vehicles, small squad tactics on a massive battle field. No arty, no jets, no attack helos, no tanks.  Just good old fashioned squad tactics with snipers, MGs.....  No run and gun fast paced shit either.  Deliberate assaults and movements.

I just fear this economy is holding development of a game like this back.
You mean like the project reality mod?

I play that, you want to play Al Basrah map for that, though usmarine said real war was harder...
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
What, tell me more.  get me the link, that sounds like what I need.  Maybe installing BF2 next weekend if it is good.

Will be hard to put down Fallout anytime soon though, have you played Fallout 3 yet or has the economy kept u from getting it.  Very Surreal atmosphere, not spooky, but interesting.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
BF3 search and all I find is this http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa … c=46101614

What BS, like a company would " hide " a products development.

No BF3, this makes no sense but neither did Obama's election.
jord

Lotta_Drool wrote:

What, tell me more.  get me the link, that sounds like what I need.  Maybe installing BF2 next weekend if it is good.

Will be hard to put down Fallout anytime soon though, have you played Fallout 3 yet or has the economy kept u from getting it.  Very Surreal atmosphere, not spooky, but interesting.
About 30 populated servers and it takes a while to get used to, it's a very different game.

http://www.realitymod.com/
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6830|Nårvei

Threads about gaming have its own section ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
Fucking sweet, thanks a lot Jord.  Started watching the trailer and will be downloading and Installing Bf2 as soon as I get home.  Maybe I will see you on it when I get time off over turkey day in the US.

Shit, Brits are way cooler than the Irish or Californians.
jord

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Fucking sweet, thanks a lot Jord.  Started watching the trailer and will be downloading and Installing Bf2 as soon as I get home.  Maybe I will see you on it when I get time off over turkey day in the US.

Yeah I'm usually on Basra. .8 is the latest version, and don't use the sniper/marksman kit. You have to aim for like 8 seconds for it to get where you're crosshairs are...
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6488

Lotta_Drool wrote:

No dude, you really do not want that mod. It's more of a walking simulator than an FPS Game. All you do is fucking walk in it.
jord

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

No dude, you really do not want that mod. It's more of a walking simulator than an FPS Game. All you do is fucking walk in it.
Transport, get it.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6786|Cambridge (UK)
Having very little spare money stops me from buying games.

But, I've had very little spare money since before the economic downturn started.

So, in answer to the OP: No.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Having very little spare money stops me from buying games.

But, I've had very little spare money since before the economic downturn started.

So, in answer to the OP: No.
Stick to talking only about games and ignore the title and OP or they might move it back to DST!

I like diddy kong racing cuz it has cool music.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6685|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yo Lotta Drool, if you want to know what a large recession does to the local gaming industry there is only one country you need to look at.

South. Korea. The Mecca of competitive gaming.

@ Freezer: This belongs more in D&ST, this isn't discussion/recommendation about games, it just happens to mention them.

Would the question 'Is the bad economy keeping you from buying cars?' be moved to EE?

Would the question 'Is the bad economy stopping you from donating to political parties/local nominee's campaigns?' automatially be retained in D&ST because it is semi-political in nature?

I think the name D&ST is shit because it leaves the door wiiide open for anything. Lotta's thread about Fallout/recommending a new game definitely belongs in here but this thread is questioning consumer demand in a time of economic uncertainty... By extension he's leaving the thread open to debate about possible growth/collapse of the gaming industry/various areas of the gaming industry.

The big reprecussion of a massive recession on the xbox will probably be that Gold membership to Live will be made free as less and less people are willing to pay to play. Also: WoW will become even more successful.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-11-15 17:34:28)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6737|Riva, MD
No doubt BF3 is going to have a DRM on it anyway.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

_j5689_ wrote:

No doubt BF3 is going to have a DRM on it anyway.
Wooooohoooooo! Another punishment inflicted upon us, the legitimate paying gamers.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland

Flecco wrote:

Yo Lotta Drool, if you want to know what a large recession does to the local gaming industry there is only one country you need to look at.

South. Korea. The Mecca of competitive gaming.

@ Freezer: This belongs more in D&ST, this isn't discussion/recommendation about games, it just happens to mention them.

Would the question 'Is the bad economy keeping you from buying cars?' be moved to EE?

Would the question 'Is the bad economy stopping you from donating to political parties/local nominee's campaigns?' automatially be retained in D&ST because it is semi-political in nature?

I think the name D&ST is shit because it leaves the door wiiide open for anything. Lotta's thread about Fallout/recommending a new game definitely belongs in here but this thread is questioning consumer demand in a time of economic uncertainty... By extension he's leaving the thread open to debate about possible growth/collapse of the gaming industry/various areas of the gaming industry.

The big reprecussion of a massive recession on the xbox will probably be that Gold membership to Live will be made free as less and less people are willing to pay to play. Also: WoW will become even more successful.
Varegg is the one that keeps moving it.  He just like fucking with me.  Oh well, I have learned to work within the boundries of stupidity in real life, why not do the same on the internet.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Lotta m8, hate to break it to you but I reported your Fallout 3 thread because it really does belong in this section. Many of the D&ST guys pop up in this section too. Particularly UN13.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

Why isn't this a poll?
jord
AIX, very fun.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6781

jord wrote:

though usmarine said real war was harder...
i said real war was easier then that goddamn mod.

quote me correctly numpty

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-15 19:41:55)

firebolt5
+114|6175

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Just don't expect the mod to just focus in on infantry though.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6126|eXtreme to the maX
Um, in four years I bought one game.
Oh and I downloaded Maelstrom, to relive my mispent youth.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6494|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Yes kind of, at the beginning of this year i bought a new PS3, PSP and loads of new PC parts and 100+ games, but since the credit crunch hit us i only have enough money to buy one gamer every few months, the rest goes into keeping me in this house.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard