Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
I just got Fallout 3 awhile back and think it is great even tho bad economy ..... No BF3 .... Other thread someone mentioned BF3 is in development despite bad economy .... no money ... AX2.0 thing is this a Mod for BF2 and what is up with it in this economy.

Sure hope Obama fixes the economy cuz I am wanting a replacement for BF2, any games like that coming out?

So what is the gaming out look in this bleak economy and please put include word economy in your post or some dickweed will move or close thread.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6004|...
lmao

economy

Last edited by dayarath (2008-11-15 14:24:52)

inane little opines
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York
The gaming industry tends to be somewhat recession proof. People need entertainment. And if said entertainment happens to be the slaughter of zombies, merciless killing of Locust hordes, walking around in the desolate, bombarded D.C. wasteland or running parkour on the rooftops of a totalitarian city, so be it!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6202|Winland

Stop putting gaming in D&ST. It belongs in the top section of the index.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm going at the same pace as I have the last few years, 1 game every 2-3 months...
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
I got a PS3 early this year and Wii last year and new PC game box hardware last X-Mass.

Will be no major purchases for at least 6 months due to money constraints and will be more selective in games bought, BF3 will be on my list tho it the rumor is true.

Obama will fix this economy so I can get games because it is serious and that is why I brought this up here.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-11-15 14:36:38)

jsnipy
+3,276|6527|...

no just lack of time
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6573|Mountains of NC

hmmmmmmmmmm kid > house > ............... gaming
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6473
The game industry may actually increase do to the economic troubles. Since people won't be able to afford going on vacations and cruises and rich fag shit like that, they'd look to a cheaper form of entertainment, which is games.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
True, have you heard about this rumored BF3?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6451|Chicago, IL
not really

im too poor to buy shit, but thats not the economy's fault, thats part of being a student
LT.Victim
+1,175|6567|British Columbia, Canada
"Bad Economy"

I'm actually making more money then ever, and things are getting cheaper.

I don't see anything "bad" about this to me.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland

LT.Victim wrote:

"Bad Economy"

Repo Man?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

LT.Victim wrote:

"Bad Economy"

I was at home last weekend and heard my dad saying about how he kind of likes this "bad economy" situation since we've saved a lot of our money and don't go out and spend spend spend. So now it means our money saved is worth more and things are cheaper.

As for me personally, well I'm a student. I can't buy anything but groceries and the necessities, but that goes whether there's a good economy or not. However, I will be entering the work force within the next year or two, and things definitely have a chance of being worse. Luckily I still think I have a good career choice as far as salary is concerned, so I'll probably find a place with some friends or find roommates to save money on rent, use the rest on groceries and plasma tv's and playstations.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6679|Canberra, AUS

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The game industry may actually increase do to the economic troubles. Since people won't be able to afford going on vacations and cruises and rich fag shit like that, they'd look to a cheaper form of entertainment, which is games.
That's actually a decent point... but if that's going to happen the pace of technological development will slow a bit.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
The#1Spot
+105|6544|byah
Hmm odd conclusion. I only buy games when they are worth the 50$ I spend on them. Thats about 2 per year as the rest I play the full version trial then delete it before I even finish it. The 2nd game I will most likely buy this year is GTA IV for pc.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
Yeah, I was just thinking that now might be a good time for me to buy a used car but I can't pay for it outright.  My job is pretty secure, but damn I should get stuff payed off and free up some money for a nice Repo boat or something.
jord

The#1Spot wrote:

Hmm odd conclusion. I only buy games when they are worth the 50$ I spend on them. Thats about 2 per year as the rest I play the full version trial then delete it before I even finish it. The 2nd game I will most likely buy this year is GTA IV for pc.
GTA4 is a game you rent for a week and then never touch again.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6199|Schofield Barracks
no
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

Also, you might see more and more sales on "Greatest Hits"-type games, i.e. games that have been around a year or two, since they're about half the price of regular games. So publishers might start pushing to get more of those kinds of games on the shelves, which means a better deal for consumers, and more purchasing of those games.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6188|Ireland
Jord, Have you installed the AIX 2.0 thing yet?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6458|The Twilight Zone
Lotta ftw. This is so much better than the "official failout thread"
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
jord

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Jord, Have you installed the AIX 2.0 thing yet?
91%, fuck these mirrors are lame...
jord
Have a read though this to wet your appetite.

http://www.aixtended.com/weaponsV3.html
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6542|Long Island, New York

.Sup wrote:

Lotta ftw. This is so much better than the "official failout thread"
Except for the fact that the two threads have NOTHING to do with each other...your obvious attempts to take a dig at me are even more pathetic than your debating abilities which seem to be equivilent to those of a neanderthal.

Oh the irony. It's even sadder considering you've never played the actual game. The only time you called it "Failout" was when I started to call you out for your bullshit posts. Try to make it less obvious that you're a complete ignoramus, k?

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-11-15 16:13:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard