Pretty safe31%31% - 22
Ok..for now15%15% - 11
Might get laid off in the next 6-12 months8%8% - 6
Certain to go, its a matter of time now11%11% - 8
Total: 70
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I would say my job is, 'Pretty safe', people always need glasses no matter what i guess.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6585|sWEEDen
Producing parts to the carindustry doens´t really seem that futureproof for the moment....
Jepeto87
+38|6683|Dublin
Im a electrician so am heavily relent on the construction, obviously then im not to safe!! Hopefully ill be able to finish my apprenticeship and get out of here
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

ELITE-UK wrote:

I would say my job is, 'Pretty safe', people always need glasses no matter what i guess.
You're a glass blower? Or you press a button on a glass production line?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

ghettoperson wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

wat

He probably works at a retail opticians outlet and sells glasses etc..
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6487|Gogledd Cymru

ghettoperson wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

I think he means spectacles, kind Ghetto.

Ontopic:

I'm at uni studying computer science atm, working part time at Tesco, well I don't have a job atm.

So not safe at all

Last edited by The Sheriff (2008-11-15 05:08:17)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

STFU u guise, being a glass blower would be awesome!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

So guise, my job is totally safe.

Infact economic projections predict a major boom in my 'profession' soon contrary to the economic downturn across the developed world.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I'm currently unemployed. Hehe.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-11-15 06:45:09)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
phishman420
Banned
+821|5679
I work at a picture framing company, and business has been pretty slow lately. I'll be out of there soon because I'm transferring to a different school, but I have been working about half as much as I was this time last year. This is supposed to be our second busiest time of the year due to the upcoming graduations in December and Christmas, but not many people are getting things framed. I hate the people I work with anyway, so I say good riddance to the lazy-ass fuckers.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
The second to last option

It's a food service job

But it's a local company

That serves extremely expensive ice cream... and it's getting into winter mode here in DC, which is really fuckin cold for Washingtonians. Who the hell wants ice cream when it's 20F outside amirite? I'm one of the better workers but I wouldn't be surprised if they laid people off to cut costs.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Hard to say really.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Parking lot shit. No big business wants lawsuits from people who hurt themselves on hazards, no matter how obvious, so there you go. Always a demand for traffic markings and smooth surfaces.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Very safe.

I went to my boss about a month ago and said I was thinking of leaving. He gave me a raise. More time off. Made more training available to me. Told me not to worry about how much work I get done in the workshop and now gives me most of the better (consultancy) jobs to do.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6553
Very safe. People always need electricity and the green revolution boom means my sector will continue to grow.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6181|Ireland

ELITE-UK wrote:

I am getting Lasik next year.

Working in an R&D IC Fab that is only 1 of 2 companies that make a Product the world can't do without makes me pretty safe. 

But being part of a company the employs close to 100,000 people can make you a number during cost cutting sometimes.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I work at a movie theatre...I'd say it's "OK for now". The amount of people I see on the weekends though has definitely decreased.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Poseidon wrote:

I work at a movie theatre...I'd say it's "OK for now". The amount of people I see on the weekends though has definitely decreased.
M8, you have jewgold, why have a job too?

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Extremely safe.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6445|Chicago, IL
Safe, but only because it sucks so much
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)
I'm self-employed, so whilst I won't be making myself redundant any time soon, if people aren't spending money (like they don't in a recession) I don't get as much work as I might otherwise.

So, I voted "Ok, for now".
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6690|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I say mine is "Extremely safe, no chance of being made redundant."

No way the Navy would get rid of my rate.

Hospital Corpsman, yo.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6790|Jupiter
I bag groceries... soo yea
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

I don't have a job right now, but once I graduate I'm going to be a Transportation Engineer. Fortunately Prop 1 passed (bonds for high-speed rail), and I think Measure R is expected to pass (or did it already?) [more money into the transportation sector]. So I'm pretty confident I'll be able to find a job
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Producing parts to the carindustry doens´t really seem that futureproof for the moment....
k for now looking for a new one
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6371|Kyiv, Ukraine
Quasi-responsible adult working in the games industry and willing to travel to do the job.  I'll never be out of work.

Economy down = entertainment industry up.

Games industry = responsible people an extreme rarity and big commodity.

Willing to tavel = Not going to go down with any particular bad economy in a geographic area.

I'd say medical industry might be the only safer one right now.  Everyone gets sick and everyone needs to play games when their life is shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard