Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Sweet feathery Jesus.

CHICAGO – Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton is among the candidates that President-elect Barack Obama is considering for secretary of state, according to two Democratic officials in close contact with the Obama transition team.

Clinton, the former first lady who pushed Obama hard for the Democratic presidential nomination, was rumored to be a contender for the job last week, but the talk died down as party activists questioned whether she was best-suited to be the nation's top diplomat in an Obama administration.

The talk resumed in Washington and elsewhere Thursday, a day after Obama named several former aides to President Bill Clinton to help run his transition effort.

The two Democratic officials who spoke Thursday did so on the condition of anonymity to avoid angering Obama and his staff. Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines referred questions to the Obama transition team, which said it had no comment.

Other people frequently mentioned for the State Department job are Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and New Mexico's Democratic governor, Bill Richardson.
Tbh out of the four mentioned I think she's the best for the job.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6533|Long Island, New York
I agree partially.. I think Hagel would do a better job than her, but she'd be alright. Plus, he's a Republican, so it'd bring bipartisanship (hopefully) to his administration.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Wasn't there rumors of Hagel being considered as Obama's running mate? Oh yea, really reaching across the aisle .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Wasn't there rumors of Hagel being considered as Obama's running mate? Oh yea, really reaching across the aisle .
Should've been tbh. His foreign policy credentials are just as good as (if not better than) Biden's
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Should've been tbh. His foreign policy credentials are just as good as (if not better than) Biden's
Yes but has he dodged sniper fire?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

He's been shot. Even better!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5697|College Park, MD

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

He's been shot. Even better!
then by that logic 50 cent should be the fucking secretary of agriculture
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6596|132 and Bush

I disagree..lol.
https://i34.tinypic.com/so0ojt.png
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA
Is the governor of Hagel's state a Democrat?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6406|'Murka

Kmarion wrote:

Sweet feathery Jesus.

Other people frequently mentioned for the State Department job are Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., and New Mexico's Democratic governor, Bill Richardson.
And not Bill Richardson? Seriously?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
In European terms, what is a Secretary of State equivalent to?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
Love is the answer
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
Ah, Minister for Foreign Affairs. An tAire Gnóthaí Eachtracha.
NgoDamWei
+7|5659|Western North Carolina
As the article also indicated, Clinton was not chosen for VP so as Oreo would not be saddled with her "restless" husband but I daresay there were many better choices than Biden who may have wisely declined to accept the position.  So with that in mind, why would he accept HC in any position ?

Of those listed probably Richardson.  Maybe Kerry - he could talk anything into a diverted boredom and you'd accept anything he presents just to shut him up (not withstanding that he'd be in good company with Biden who has the same ability).

Almost anyone other than whiny, wimpy assed Daschle, the original 'd' word man.  There isn't a 'd' word he didn't like - "I'm dismayed, disappointed, disheartened, disponded, ... that ... "  or didn't use in his 'd'ismal contact with the press.

But then again - maybe he could whine his way into the worlds heart.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6163
Patrick Cox is the best option for Secretary of State.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Since Obama said he would talk to countries like Iran and if Hillary is the Secretary of State AND she made that comment about Iran (e.g. "will would obliterate them"), during the campaign...boy I would love to be a fly on that wall.

When Hillary said that I was like, wow...she grew some balls.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6680

Harmor wrote:

Is the governor of Hagel's state a Democrat?
Nope...Republican...Dave Heineman.

He's got the magnetism of a Bakugan....
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6545|CH/BR - in UK

Why not Ron Paul? ^^
I'd find his foreign policy very refreshing

-kon
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
Don't worry, Bill Clinton will probably be Ambassador to the UN (you know Michael Bolton's old job).  And in a few years after Ki-moon is done with his position Bill Clinton will step in.
NgoDamWei
+7|5659|Western North Carolina
"...wow...she grew some balls."

(not to mention some facial hair)
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sweet feathery Jesus.

And not Bill Richardson? Seriously?
Agreed...  Richardson would be best.
imortal
+240|6660|Austin, TX

Poseidon wrote:

I agree partially.. I think Hagel would do a better job than her, but she'd be alright. Plus, he's a Republican, so it'd bring bipartisanship (hopefully) to his administration.
Did you seriously believe any of that drivel about bipartisanship spewed by either party during the campaign?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6406|'Murka

konfusion wrote:

Why not Ron Paul? ^^

-kon
Secretary of State doesn't set foreign policy...the President does.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

FEOS wrote:

konfusion wrote:

Why not Ron Paul? ^^

-kon
Secretary of State doesn't set foreign policy...the President does.
Honestly when Collin Powell endorsed Obama before the election and Obama said that "he would be welcome in my administration," I thought that was basically an endorsement for him to be Secretary of State.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6148|what

So much for change. Picking Clinton's former staff + Hillary isn't that refreshing, but I think his hand has been forced with the economic situation. You need experience in the White House key positions at a time like this.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard