TehMyke
8======D
+343|6728
When I originally downloaded SF I had no problems. Last night I had to format and installed SF with no problem again but the windows install got messed up or something so I had to format and install BF and SF again. So I went and got the EA downloader again and it doesn't seem to be letting me redownload SF now..

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3515/ea0bk.jpg

It's simply not giving me an option to download it. nor can I download the patch.

?!?!?!!!
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6712
well first of all download the patch from a different website; the SF problem i have no idea .

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-01-23 15:52:35)

TehMyke
8======D
+343|6728

Superior Mind wrote:

well first of all download the patch from a different website; the SF problem i have no idea .
actully I already have the patch... I was just pointing out the fact that it doesnt have an option to download it even if I needed it. =/
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6728
So like I just sent a email to ea so I guess it'll be like 3 years before they reply =/
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6728
So like EA replied with...

EA wrote:

Hello,   

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2: Special Forces.

There are a few reasons the Download Now button may no be visible.  First make sure that you are using Internet Explorer.  Other browsers such as Mozilla and Opera will not run correctly.  Also the image may have a corruption in it, or there may be an issue with the software displaying the image correctly.  There are a few things that you may want to try.

First you will want to restart the system.

1.      Click on Log Out in the upper right hand corner of the EA downloader window.
  2.      In the task bar in the lower left next to the system time right click on the EA downloader icon and select Exit.
  3.      Restart your computer.
  4.      Once you have restarted double click on the EA downloader icon and log in.

If you still have issues there may a corruption in one of the files.

Please uninstall and reinstall EA downloader.  If the downloader does not uninstall properly follow the directions for manually uninstalling found here.
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=11090

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Jonas M. 
EA Technical Support
I did that... so like after thinking what the hell is the problem... and hitting my head against the wall... I noticed the date on my computer was wrong. It said it was Jan 25, 2005. and I was like HOLY SHIT WAIT A SECOND!1!1!1!one!1!!!! sure enough after I fixed the date I could download it
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6795|Kansas, USA
Well, this probably won't help you now as it seems you didn't back your stuff up. But, you don't need to re-download Special Forces in order to install it again! You just need to back up the program folder for the EA Downloader and the subfolders (which will contain the Special Forces installation files). Then on your clean system reinstall EA Downoader and then overwrite the directory with the backed up copy.

It is explained here in another posting: you dont have to re download sf

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard