CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450552,00.html

So the outgoing Bush administration appear to be so annoyed that they are being asked for a firm date of withdrawal that they are going to demonstrate to the Iraqis what happens when they aren't patrolling the streets. It will provide an excuse for an extended stay. Does America not want to come home or something? Do they love being in Iraq that much? So much for the ethos of personal responsibility - it seems that the US have an underlying desire to stay in Iraq indefinitely, as far as I can make out. If the insurgents are smart they won't play into the Americans hands and will maintain a lull in activity until an agreement is signed. They should pull a 'Basra following the British withdrawal'. A pretty nasty trick to play on Obama coming into office - perhaps this is what Biden was talking about. We may see a strike on Iran too now that Bush has nothing left to lose.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-11-12 03:23:10)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Who knows really.
As we know the US needs a base in the ME.
With Saudi Arabia no longer friendly I guess they need Iraq.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6534|Texas - Bigger than France
Cam - aren't you the one who wants the US out so the Iraqis can have their civil war?

Who's ulterior motives are we discussing again?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
We need to come home and mind our business for a while since our business has been in the red for way to long.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6656|NT, like Mick Dundee

Dilbert_X wrote:

Who knows really.
Since when was the house of Saud unfriendly?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Flecco wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Who knows really.
That particular house might be friendly but all the neighboring houses throughout Saudi Arabia aint too friendly...

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/Ybeetse/mecca_road_sign.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Braddock wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Who knows really.
That particular house might be friendly but all the neighboring houses throughout Saudi Arabia aint too friendly...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224 … d_sign.jpg
House of Saud holds absolute power m8.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Pug wrote:

Cam - aren't you the one who wants the US out so the Iraqis can have their civil war?

I do. Hurrying a move to send US troops to their camps is a ploy to stay longer, paradoxically. My guess is that the timing of the move is aimed at coercing the Iraqis into signing an agreement whereby the US stays longer or for an 'undefined' period, prior to the President-elect taking office.
zeidmaan
+234|6406|Vienna

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/Ybeetse/mecca_road_sign.jpg

for a country with overwhelming Muslim majority, having a special line on the freeway for non Muslims is a privilege is it not?

Thousands of cars with Muslims in one lane compared to few cars with non Muslims in another lane....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

Flecco wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Oh does it? It didn't do a very job of controlling these guys did it?

https://www.infowars.net/pictures/Oct06/231006spet11.jpg
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6534|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

Pug wrote:

I do. Hurrying a move to send US troops to their camps is a ploy to stay longer, paradoxically. My guess is that the timing of the move is aimed at coercing the Iraqis into signing an agreement whereby the US stays longer or for an 'undefined' period, prior to the President-elect taking office.
Everytime I look up during a sunny day I think it's gonna rain.  Weird huh?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Pug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Pug wrote:

Everytime I look up during a sunny day I think it's gonna rain.  Weird huh?
I'm cynical. Always was, always will be.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

" while remaining within reach to respond as the Iraqi forces require."

They are giving control to the Iraqi's. To me that sounds like a step towards getting out. This administration and the incoming administration are similar in their plans to withdrawal. "These moves coincide with priorities expressed by President-elect Barack Obama during his campaign".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6478|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Turning over security to the stinkys, that was the whole goal when I was their. Thats why we trained them and equipped them. I don't see this as us trying to stay, its us trying to leave.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Oh does it? It didn't do a very job of controlling these guys did it?

http://www.infowars.net/pictures/Oct06/231006spet11.jpg
Country of origin is not enough to indict an entire nation for the crimes of a few psychopaths.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

saudi?  you all should shut your mouths since the rest of you are russias bitch.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-11-12 10:21:59)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Kmarion wrote:

Country of origin is not enough to indict an entire nation for the crimes of a few psychopaths.
Afghanistan?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Afghanistan?
Afghanistan officially offered them safe haven. It was a matter of state policy. Whereas ...
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Convenient, but inaccurate.

We don't need any more bases in the ME. We've got plenty.

Oh, and then there's the pesky fact about the SOFA specifically excluding permanent basing in Iraq. And the US govt supporting that position.

But we wouldn't want to establish the dangerous precedent of using fact-based arguments.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6698

CameronPoe wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450552,00.html

So the outgoing Bush administration appear to be so annoyed that they are being asked for a firm date of withdrawal that they are going to demonstrate to the Iraqis what happens when they aren't patrolling the streets. It will provide an excuse for an extended stay. Does America not want to come home or something? Do they love being in Iraq that much? So much for the ethos of personal responsibility - it seems that the US have an underlying desire to stay in Iraq indefinitely, as far as I can make out. If the insurgents are smart they won't play into the Americans hands and will maintain a lull in activity until an agreement is signed. They should pull a 'Basra following the British withdrawal'. A pretty nasty trick to play on Obama coming into office - perhaps this is what Biden was talking about. We may see a strike on Iran too now that Bush has nothing left to lose.
The US will probably have people stationed in Iraq for the next 50 years.  Hell, there are still some American troops stationed in Germany.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

usmarine wrote:

saudi?  you all should shut your mouths since the rest of you are russias bitch.
Wat?

I was just saying the House of Saud is friendly with the US.

Shit man we all need allies.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6753

Flecco wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Wat?

Shit man we all need allies.
that was aimed at dogbert and company
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Except they won't let you use their bases, or increase their oil production when you ask.
Doesn't sound so friendly.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Fair enough.

Oh and Dilbert coems from Kruddistan like me, only people we kowtow to are.......

Well the USandA.

EDIT: And China a bit now.

Last edited by Flecco (2008-11-13 04:35:11)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Actually I'm a recent arrival

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-13 04:35:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard