Which video cards should I get?

2x nvidia 7800 gtx 51276%76% - 23
2x radeon x1900 51223%23% - 7
Total: 30
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6784|AUS, Canberra
i just bought two 7800 gtx's 256 mb.
i know that they will be overtaken soon but for the price i got them new and the fact that i wont need another card for atleast 36 months im glad i got them.
sixshot
Decepticon Geek
+50|6689|Planet Seibertron ;)

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Sixshot, those are legit benchmarks, against the 7800gtx 512, which is still new hardware, as it's mostly vapourware. These cards are to battle the 7800gtx 512, as Nvidia just wanted them out to claim the crown. It beats nvidia at a cheaper price at that, you cannot debunk any of the benchmarks. So, by your logic you canot compare the x1800xt to the 7800gtx, because ATI is using less pipelines.
You're confusing the X1900 with what it's intended for... it's ATi's new generation of chips and cards and has no direct competition just yet.  The X1800XT is something ATi have of which nVIDIA answered with their 7800GTX 512.  And while there's little availability on the card, it's still nVIDIA's answer to the card from it being 512MB of memory on board.  And if you want to force logic into play, the X1900 that you favor cannot compare to any other cards because they do not have the 48 pixel pipelines (at least not yet).  Whether a card has enough pixel pipelines to be compared with is irrelevant.

If we're gonna argue over what product is an answer to what, this'll end up being a chicken-and-egg debate and will never get anywhere.  The way I see it is when the product is released and the time differential between that product and the competitor's next product release.
psychotoxic187
+11|6723

sixshot wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Sixshot, those are legit benchmarks, against the 7800gtx 512, which is still new hardware, as it's mostly vapourware. These cards are to battle the 7800gtx 512, as Nvidia just wanted them out to claim the crown. It beats nvidia at a cheaper price at that, you cannot debunk any of the benchmarks. So, by your logic you canot compare the x1800xt to the 7800gtx, because ATI is using less pipelines.
You're confusing the X1900 with what it's intended for... it's ATi's new generation of chips and cards and has no direct competition just yet.  The X1800XT is something ATi have of which nVIDIA answered with their 7800GTX 512.  And while there's little availability on the card, it's still nVIDIA's answer to the card from it being 512MB of memory on board.  And if you want to force logic into play, the X1900 that you favor cannot compare to any other cards because they do not have the 48 pixel pipelines (at least not yet).  Whether a card has enough pixel pipelines to be compared with is irrelevant.

If we're gonna argue over what product is an answer to what, this'll end up being a chicken-and-egg debate and will never get anywhere.  The way I see it is when the product is released and the time differential between that product and the competitor's next product release.
Never argued mate. You stated something about the pipelines, not I. I never introduced that logic, you did. I do not favor either company, I go for the best deals, but the fanboyism in here is unbelievable. My point is, people should stop being so blind, and waiting for the next best thing, because you'll be waiting a lifetime. The topic creator asked his question, and as of this moment the crossfire is the better solution, plain and simple.

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2006-01-28 12:23:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard