Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Okay, so i bought myself a Xbox360 (inb4ps3fanboi) and i have some questions you might be able to answer.

First of all. I still have my old Halo 2, and for some reason when i lunch the game, it disconnect my profile and i cant get achivement (Stats are life). Why is this, aint it suposed to keep me logged in, or it want to be a bitch just because i cant get my hand on a English Fallout 3 right now (Gonna buy it tomorrow). Any of you have any experience with such problem and could help me? Would be greatly apreciated.

Second questions. Is it true that is i keep my console in vertical position i should use something to life it off the ground so the airflow is better? I bought the intercooler to be sure, but my buddy told me i should also keep it as high as possible from the ground so it have a better airflow....

Tird questions. About how much is the damn wire to recharge the controller, because i guess that even tho i bought an elite they wont be nice enough to give me this cable right?

That's pretty much all i can think of right now, if any of you can answer me on the first question and allow me to whore achivement on Halo 2 untill i get Fallout 3 ill give him krmz!

Kthx.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
sell xbox 360 *PS3 fanboi out*
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

as for airflow......cold air descends right.  so wouldnt it be better lower?

can i come over and play?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

.Sup wrote:

sell xbox 360 *PS3 fanboi out*
*Mad* No wai, bought it about 3 hours ago.

usmarine wrote:

Haha, yeah would be cool, would have to get on Xbox live, humm do they give some free time on Xbl when you buy the god dammed elite?

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2008-11-07 17:51:09)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

I actual heard neg stuff about using intercooler ....... but anyways I have mine on the 2 nd shelf of a center
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

SEREMAKER wrote:

I actual heard neg stuff about using intercooler ....... but anyways I have mine on the 2 nd shelf of a center
O rly? ***Head on various site to see about that***

Oh shit, seem like it can reduce the juice to the machine and fuxx it, humm, might just remove it if its a problem.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

usmarine wrote:

The temp difference between the roof and floor of a room is likely less then 1 degree Fahrenheit... Not going to make a difference.

they say keep it higher so that the heat can disperse away from it, rather then a pocket of heat building up under it. Its true, but I dunno if the xbox's cooling is bad enough for it to be necessary.

though "as high as possible" is kinda stupid. We are talking like an inch and a half max before it doesn't really make a difference how high it is. Its not like you have it 6 inches high but you should have it 2 feet high... just get some room around all sides of it if your really worried about it.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

VicktorVauhn wrote:

usmarine wrote:

The temp difference between the roof and floor of a room is likely less then 1 degree Fahrenheit... Not going to make a difference.

they say keep it higher so that the heat can disperse away from it, rather then a pocket of heat building up under it. Its true, but I dunno if the xbox's cooling is bad enough for it to be necessary.

though "as high as possible" is kinda stupid. We are talking like an inch and a half max before it doesn't really make a difference how high it is. Its not like you have it 6 inches high but you should have it 2 feet high... just get some room around all sides of it if your really worried about it.
Aight, and by as high as possible i meant like just enought so air can get around it...not like suspended in the middle of the room by strings
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

Don't fuck around with it too much and it'll be fine, put it on a table and go play

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-11-07 18:38:34)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Are you drunk?
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

wah1188 wrote:

Are you drunk?
Me, not yet! And why this question.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

questiong
i lunch the game
achivement
Tird questions
that's why.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

He is from Quebec, so I would guess that English isnt his first language. I would say he is doing pretty well.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

He is from Quebec, so I would guess that English isnt his first language. I would say he is doing pretty well.
Urite!  And errr, well. Im not drunk yet like i said. Im just typing real fast witout paying much attention to typos and such. And thanks TimmmmmaaaaH for not being a douche and actually being nice

Not calling other people douche btw.
TimmmmaaaaH

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Not calling other people douche btw.
Sure
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Ah it makes sense now! Looked at Quebec and thought it was probably somewhere in Canada or something.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Nah in Quebec they learn French first then get taught shitty English at school. Though most of Montreal speaks decent English.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

Flecco wrote:

of Montreal
<3
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TimmmmaaaaH

Flecco wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Nah in Quebec they learn French first then get taught shitty English at school. Though most of Montreal speaks decent English.
Does that not 100% support what I said?

Silly Flecs.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
The intercooler is a waste of money.  It actually makes it hotter because of the way it's designed, also they don't have filters on them so the dust gets inside and makes it hotter.

The person working at EB Games told me all that without hesitation.

And the charger cable pack is 20 US$ a piece.  4 cables for 4 controllers = 80$

Though you would really only be using one in the first place I guess what with the lack of USB ports.

Totally worth it though if you have a job, my controller goes through name-brand batteries in a day or two.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2008-11-08 11:41:17)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Flecco wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Silly Flecs.
Well not really, as you are making a guess based on an unfair generalisation. I was just providing the full generalisation.

One of my best mates comes from and lives in Quebec now, and he learned English first.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I was really tired when I wrote that post so I had no idea wtf was going on, it's too late to delete it now.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6638|Montréal, Québec

Flecco wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Silly Flecs.
Well not really, as you are making a guess based on an unfair generalisation. I was just providing the full generalisation.

One of my best mates comes from and lives in Quebec now, and he learned English first.
Well you can go to english school or french school... There is way more french ones but in montreal since there is a lot of emigrants you have all kind of school from french to jeew to chinese etc...

oh and OP... get a PS3
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6764|Cambridge (UK)
Suspend it the middle of the room by strings.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

_j5689_ wrote:

The intercooler is a waste of money.  It actually makes it hotter because of the way it's designed, also they don't have filters on them so the dust gets inside and makes it hotter.

The person working at EB Games told me all that without hesitation.

And the charger cable pack is 20 US$ a piece.  4 cables for 4 controllers = 80$

Though you would really only be using one in the first place I guess what with the lack of USB ports.

Totally worth it though if you have a job, my controller goes through name-brand batteries in a day or two.
Yeah i have a job, still silly from Microsoft to not even give em with the Elite version, but its the way those rats make their money...anyway...gonna get a cable soon. Thanks!
TimmmmaaaaH

I dont understand how people can say that PS3 is more expensive with a straight face now I have found this out.

PS3's come with: wireless, a user upgradeable harddrive, blu ray, CONTROLLER CHARGING CABLES, doesnt overheat.

If I had known this beforehand I would have had much less debate when I was buying a console. 360 wouldnt have even been considered.

But I guess 360 has Halo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard