Braddock
Agitator
+916|6349|Éire

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its a fairly mainstream view outside the US, most people rate Israel level with Iran and many rate them on a par with Nazi Germany.
Funny that one doesn't see that "mainstream view" reflected anywhere but here (from a few of you) and a handful of whacked-out websites that the few of you here frequent.
Where else have you been looking?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7324337.stm
More people see Iran and N. Korea positively than Israel. It really is the mainstream view outside of North America and Israel.

Or is the BBC a 'whacked-out' website?

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1022127,00.html
They certainly aren't even-handed when it comes to reporting on the Israel-Palestine situation. That's documented quite thoroughly at wwww.justjournalism.com
Why does that website only deal with the Israeli side of the argument? It would be better served if it treated both sides of the argument i.e. British media bias against Israel and US media bias against Palestine because when you first look at the site it smacks of some sort of Zionist agenda when in fact it's contributors seem to be from fairly impartial backgrounds - the Director Adel Darwish even appears to be possibly even of Palestinian origin.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Where else have you been looking?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7324337.stm
More people see Iran and N. Korea positively than Israel. It really is the mainstream view outside of North America and Israel.

Or is the BBC a 'whacked-out' website?

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1022127,00.html
They certainly aren't even-handed when it comes to reporting on the Israel-Palestine situation. That's documented quite thoroughly at wwww.justjournalism.com
Why does that website only deal with the Israeli side of the argument? It would be better served if it treated both sides of the argument i.e. British media bias against Israel and US media bias against Palestine because when you first look at the site it smacks of some sort of Zionist agenda when in fact it's contributors seem to be from fairly impartial backgrounds - the Director Adel Darwish even appears to be possibly even of Palestinian origin.
That website examines the coverage of the Israel/Palestine situation by the British media, comparing it to published UK governmental media standards. And British media comes up short in meeting those standards. If there is a bias for one side, why would you expect to see a bias toward the other side? If that were the case, there would be no bias, would there?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6349|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

FEOS wrote:

That website examines the coverage of the Israel/Palestine situation by the British media, comparing it to published UK governmental media standards. And British media comes up short in meeting those standards. If there is a bias for one side, why would you expect to see a bias toward the other side? If that were the case, there would be no bias, would there?
Well fair enough I guess if it is working strictly within a UK remit but given that it is in the online realm and doesn't have any links to other sources focusing on objective treatment of the other side of the political issue (the Palestinians) it smacks a little of Israeli bias (at face value that is).

I guess you can't have an equivalent site for anti-Palestinian news coverage in US media because there are no media standards or watchdog regulations in the US!
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6257
www.justjournalism.com is clearly biased toward Israel.. Just look at the colors of the page and the writing.  reming me of the color of the israeli flag..

/tinfoil hat
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6349|Éire

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

www.justjournalism.com is clearly biased toward Israel.. Just look at the colors of the page and the writing.  reming me of the color of the israeli flag..

/tinfoil hat
Does it ever discuss BBC reports that aren't biased against Israel or does it just point out the biased ones... thus themselves presenting a biased view against the BBC!?

Someone should set up a website to keep an eye on these guys I reckon.
imortal
+240|6724|Austin, TX

Braddock wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

/tinfoil hat
Does it ever discuss BBC reports that aren't biased against Israel or does it just point out the biased ones... thus themselves presenting a biased view against the BBC!?

...but then I will have to set up a website to watch your website.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6349|Éire

imortal wrote:

Braddock wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

/tinfoil hat

My website will have "fair and balanced" continually revolving in the corner of the screen though!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6212|what

Braddock wrote:

imortal wrote:

Braddock wrote:

My website will have "fair and balanced" continually revolving in the corner of the screen though!
Next to the FoxNews watermark.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

/tinfoil hat

Perhaps you should try reading the various pages on the site. It clearly explains its methodology and why it is analyzing British news coverage writ large (not just the BBC).

By pointing out how British journalists do not follow UK governmental guidelines for journalistic integrity when covering the Israel/Palestine situation, they are clearly biased toward Israel. Right.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,811|6165|eXtreme to the maX

Justjournalism wrote:

Just Journalism aims to promote accurate and responsible reporting about Israel in the British media.
So basically they are an  organisation whose agenda is to present Israel more favourably than is currently the case in Britain.
They aren't interested in balanced journalism, no comment about bias against anyone else, the Palestinians for example, just Israel.
Their comments are therefore of zero interest.
Just looking at their front page, the Daily Mirror, The Independent and the BBC are all apparently unreasonably biased against Israel, which is clearly ridiculous.

FEOS wrote:

By pointing out how British journalists do not follow UK governmental guidelines for journalistic integrity when covering the Israel/Palestine situation
Journalists aren't required to follow government guidelines, that would be Stalinism.
Didn't know you were against a free press - until now.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-12 00:08:46)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Just Journalism wrote:

Whilst the existing codes and guidelines that deal with journalistic principles vary, they share common themes. We have classified these principles into the following categories. Please click on the categories for further information about their definitions and use:

* Factual accuracy
    * Impartiality
    * Use of sources and quotes
    * Balance
    * Contributors
    * Language
and

Just Journalism wrote:

Our analysis of the media’s coverage of Israel is systematic and rigorous. On a daily basis, we monitor UK press and broadcast for all relevant coverage. Using the UK’s publicly available regulatory frameworks, we then seek to evaluate whether the coverage that appears in the public domain adheres to core journalistic principles. We also produce regular in-depth special reports analysing coverage over time.

As well as a diverse research programme, Just Journalism will also engage in a series of public and private activities designed to highlight the importance of journalistic integrity.

The journalistic principles we cite in our analysis are derived from four key sources and will always refer to one of these. These sources, in combination, form the bedrock of journalistic standards in the UK.

The BBC Editorial Guidelines

The BBC is a public service broadcaster, established by a Royal Charter and funded by the licence fee that is paid by UK households. The BBC Editorial Guidelines outline the standards the BBC expects of all BBC content on TV, radio and online.

OFCOM Broadcasting Code

Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services.

The Press Complaints Commission Code of Practice

The Press Complaints Commission [‘PCC’] is an independent body which deals with complaints from members of the public about the editorial content of newspapers and magazines. The PCC is charged with enforcing the Code of Practice which was framed by the newspaper and periodical industry.

The National Union of Journalists Code of Conduct

The National Union of Journalists is a trade union whose members cover the whole range of editorial work – staff and freelance, writers and reporters, editors and sub-editors, photographers and illustrators, working in broadcasting, newspapers, magazines, books, on the internet and in public relations.
So it's clear you didn't actually read any part of the website, because I misrepresented (from memory...it's been a while since I visited the site)  the standards as being UK governmental. While they are related to the UK government in some ways (royal charter for BBC, for instance), the standards that Just Journalism uses are those standards espoused by the British journalistic community. Just Journalism only compares what the British journalistic community actually produces to the standards they are supposed to enforce on themselves.

Lo and behold, they don't enforce those standards consistently when it comes to reporting on this particular topic.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Wow you swallow unblinking anything which suits your agenda don't you?
A pro-Israeli organisation looking for 'factual accuracy'? Yeah sure.

Do you believe Fox News when they say they're 'Fair and Balanced'?

FEOS wrote:

Lo and behold, they don't enforce those standards consistently when it comes to reporting on this particular topic.
But only according to this whacked out website funded by 'private individuals'.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-12 03:58:23)

FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

You can't refute their findings, so you'll just lambast the source?

Utterly predictable.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

That what you do with every piece of information which doesn't suit your biased and blinkered Neo-con agenda.

Anyway, they have no 'findings' - they don't have enough credibility or impartiality for that -  just opinion.
Sorry but I'm not interested in the opinion of a single issue pressure group funded by unknown sources.
The sources they criticise are middle of the road, its just the usual Israeli tactic of claiming anyone who criticises them is biased and anti-semitic.

Might as well treat Fox News ranting opinion as gospel.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-13 00:40:18)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6734|Canberra, AUS
British media is piss-poor IMO, because they fail to make the distinction between opinion and fact.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

That what you do with every piece of information which doesn't suit your biased and blinkered Neo-con agenda.

Anyway, they have no 'findings' - they don't have enough credibility or impartiality for that -  just opinion.
Sorry but I'm not interested in the opinion of a single issue pressure group funded by unknown sources.
The sources they criticise are middle of the road, its just the usual Israeli tactic of claiming anyone who criticises them is biased and anti-semitic.

Might as well treat Fox News ranting opinion as gospel.
Oh please.

Now you resort to name-calling because you can't refute either the findings or your tactics. And then you resort right back to lambasting the source again.

They are the only ones who have done any research...have you? If anyone has a problem with speaking from a position of opinion and no "credibility or impartiality"...it's you.

They compared what those news sources reported with the guidelines for reporting they are supposed to live by. You just don't like the results because they don't fit within your narrow agenda.

Who has called anyone anti-semitic? There's only one person in this conversation throwing around epithets...and his name rhymes with "Dilbert".
― Albert Einstein

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6680|London, England

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Utterly predictable.
What the hell? That's just what you, and Dilbert, have been spamming on about for god knows how many pages.

Are you for real?

lol...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Newsflash:
Black people are bad, white people are better.
It says so here.
http://www.kkk.com/
Its on the internet, it must be true.

Now why not get back to the point:
How is it acceptable for someone with a family history of terrorism and subversion, and a clear personal agenda to use his position to benefit his home nation to have a key position at the heart of the US govt?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-13 03:53:16)

FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Mekstizzle wrote:

What the hell? That's just what you, and Dilbert, have been spamming on about for god knows how many pages.

Are you for real?

lol...
Please, oh PLEASE show where I have done that.

Dilbert_X wrote:

How is it acceptable for someone with a family history of terrorism and subversion, and a clear personal agenda to use his position to benefit his home nation to have a key position at the heart of the US govt?
"A family history"? Because his father was a member of the Irgun? What about the rest of his family? One person's actions does not make a "family history".

Where is this "clear personal agenda"? It doesn't exist, except in the eyes of his father...a terrorist and subversive. So you'll believe HIM but not other sources. Nice.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

"A family history"? Because his father was a member of the Irgun?
Yes.

FEOS wrote:

Where is this "clear personal agenda"? It doesn't exist, except in the eyes of his father...a terrorist and subversive.
Why take the risk?
As someone with close association with a terrorist he probably shouldn't be allowed on a transatlantic flight, but he's allowed a key job in the White House?
Nice double standards, muslim terrorists bad, jewish terrorists good.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6775
everyone said... don't worry about Bill Ayers and his terrorist activity he took part in...they said we were all reaching and trying to find smear tactics to use against Barack... why should we worry about this guy...?
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Bill Ayers and Obama happened to sit on the same committee, Rahm Emmanuael will be at the heart of the US govt.
FEOS
+1,182|6470|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

"A family history"? Because his father was a member of the Irgun?
Yes.
No.

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Where is this "clear personal agenda"? It doesn't exist, except in the eyes of his father...a terrorist and subversive.
Why take the risk?
As someone with close association with a terrorist he probably shouldn't be allowed on a transatlantic flight, but he's allowed a key job in the White House?
Nice double standards, muslim terrorists bad, jewish terrorists good.
Where's the double standard? Rahm isn't a jewish terrorist.

Is Irgun on the international list of terrorist organizations that would cause a red flag at an airport? No...because the organization hasn't existed in 60 years.
― Albert Einstein

rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5921
update:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americ … 729046.stm

"President-elect Barack Obama's White House chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel has apologised to the US-Arab community for remarks made by his father.
Benjamin Emanuel told an Israeli newspaper that his son, who is Jewish, would "obviously influence the president to be pro-Israel".
He also referred to Arabs in a way which a leading Arab-American group called an "unacceptable smear".
A spokesman for Rahm Emanuel said he had called the group to apologise.
Mr Emanuel also offered to meet members of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.
In the interview last week with the Israeli daily newspaper Ma'ariv, Israeli-born Benjamin Emanuel talked about his son's new job. "

so his father is a racist terrorist thug and wants to influence, if not has, his son
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

FEOS wrote:

Is Irgun on the international list of terrorist organizations that would cause a red flag at an airport?
If its not it should be.
Actually there should be an organisation to track down and prosecute its members.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard