CameronPoe
+2,925|6566
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081107/twl … d0ae9.html

The Italian Prime Minister has been blasted for his blundering welcome of the US president-elect after he praised Barack Obama's "suntan".

Silvio Berlusconi made the comment at a joint press conference with Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev.

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is handsome, young and suntanned," he said.
Somebody put this fucking idiot out of his misery. Why do Italians keep electing him!??!?!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

CameronPoe wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081107/twl-i-like-your-tan-pm-s-obama-gaffe-3fd0ae9.html

The Italian Prime Minister has been blasted for his blundering welcome of the US president-elect after he praised Barack Obama's "suntan".

Silvio Berlusconi made the comment at a joint press conference with Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev.

"I will try to help relations between Russia and the United States where a new generation has come to power, and I don't see problems for Medvedev to establish good relations with Obama who is handsome, young and suntanned," he said.
Somebody put this fucking idiot out of his misery. Why do Italians keep electing him!??!?!
Are you so sure he is elected with Italy being one of the more corrupt countries in Europe ?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

suntan lulz.  i love it.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
I have to admit I lol'd

He's honestly not doing himself any favours though, 1) He's doing it whilst doing a joint conference with Russia, which is public enemy #1 in the USA. And 2) Obama is going to be president y'know...

Sil has made loads of racist remarks like that, the guy is a prick. He isn't even running Italy well either

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-11-07 04:03:23)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

I have to admit I lol'd

He's honestly not doing himself any favours though, 1) He's doing it whilst doing a joint conference with Russia, which is public enemy #1 in the USA. And 2) Obama is going to be president y'know...

Sil has made loads of racist remarks like that, the guy is a prick. He isn't even running Italy well either
Officially he's not running Italy, but he is ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
JahManRed
wank
+646|6639|IRELAND

CameronPoe wrote:

Because Italy is the most right wing country in Europe?

Last edited by JahManRed (2008-11-07 05:21:26)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Not really - it's the most split down the middle unstable country in Europe. No government lasts more than two years.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6592|SE London

JahManRed wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

And because he runs all the media in Italy perhaps.....?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6474|Tyne & Wear, England
Read this on the metro on the way to uni this morning.  It still amazes me that world leaders who are supposed to have a level of intelligence or at least common sense still come out with retarded comments like this, what a fucking joke.

I was going to post it, but ya beat me to it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
13rin
+977|6490
Pulled a Nagan...  dipshits.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657
Sounded like a joke. Whats the big deal?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

It wasn't a joke - that's the big deal: a moron for prime minister.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

CameronPoe wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

"But the Italian leader, who himself sports a suntan, hit back at his critics - accusing them of not having a sense of humour."

He seems to think it was.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

"But the Italian leader, who himself sports a suntan, hit back at his critics - accusing them of not having a sense of humour."

It's like making a joke about slitty eyes when referring to Japanese or Chinese people. It's the equivalent of the 'Me so solly' Krusty the Clown routine.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081107/twl-i-like-your-tan-pm-s-obama-gaffe-3fd0ae9.html

You seem to be comparing a lot of people to Bush lately.

Last edited by Pug (2008-11-07 07:21:28)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

Pug wrote:

Bush, Tug Benson out of Hotshots, Boris Yelstin - buffoon political leaders: Bush was the one who sprung to mind most immediately.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6553|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

Pug wrote:

Bush, Tug Benson out of Hotshots, Boris Yelstin - buffoon political leaders: Bush was the one who sprung to mind most immediately.
I think you are a stalker, that's all.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

CameronPoe wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

It's like making a joke about slitty eyes when referring to Japanese or Chinese people. It's the equivalent of the 'Me so solly' Krusty the Clown routine.
I remember when me and some dorm friends were playing football at night with a glow in the dark ball and when it went out we asked the black guy to open his mouth so we could see. Skin color jokes aren't always in and of themselves racist.

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2008-11-07 09:03:22)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6422|'Murka

So...is Bush on record making pseudo-racist comments about other world leaders (or soon-to-be)?

No?

Then just how does this show this guy and Bush are at all alike?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

FEOS wrote:

So...is Bush on record making pseudo-racist comments about other world leaders (or soon-to-be)?

No?

Then just how does this show this guy and Bush are at all alike?
Unintentional blundering while public speaking. I don't actually think Berlusconi is a racist - he just made a 'Bushism'.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-11-07 13:09:02)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

/wonders if Cam will be able to survive without mentioning bush
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

usmarine wrote:

/wonders if usmarine will survive Obama

Geez some of you guys are hyper-sensitive about your lovely fuehrer.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-11-07 13:15:45)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

/wonders if usmarine will survive Obama
doubt it
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote: