ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI
Walking on a footpath, and it's pretty wet. The road's not perfect and therefore, there are small puddles near the edge of the kerb, say, a few centimeters deep.

Then some cunt of a driver, who quite clearly could've moved over the tiny distance to dodge the puddle, speeds past you, and due to displacement, manages to completely spray you with the contents of said puddle.

Now, until this... 4 months or so?
It'd happened to me once in my life that I can remember.

In the last good while, it's happened more then 8 times.

Anyone else get this, or am I just stupidly unlucky? (And soaked.)

(Incase anyone didn't notice, it happened today, and yes, I am currently soaked.)
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

ilinear wrote:

Walking on a footpath, and it's pretty wet. The road's not perfect and therefore, there are small puddles near the edge of the kerb, say, a few centimeters deep.

Then some cunt of a driver, who quite clearly could've moved over the tiny distance to dodge the puddle, speeds past you, and due to displacement, manages to completely spray you with the contents of said puddle.

(Incase anyone didn't notice, it happened today, and yes, I am currently soaked.)
In germany, if you get the license plate you can sue the prick.

To answer your question, never happened to me.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Never happened to me, but its good fun when there are puddles in the middle of the road and spraying oncoming traffic.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI

Sisco10 wrote:

I wish I'd gotten the liscence plates. If I'd sued, I'd be loaded with the amount of times it's happened ¬_¬
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6199|NSW, Australia

yeh its never happened to me, i also love it when theres a HUGE puddle and you drive through it.
id never try to wet anyone on purpose though
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
There was heavy raining 10 days ago and I was walking to work and this idiot was driving really fast and he drove into the puddle and sprayed me. My pants were completely wet. I cursed really loud, everyone started looking at me, the car stopped 10 meters away from me, I was so pissed off I started running after the car but he ran away after seeing me running for him.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
TrueMusou
+36|6131|United States Of Hamerica
Stay the hell away from puddles g'damnit!

Edit: Was it the same puddle each time, by the way?

Last edited by TrueMusou (2008-11-07 02:16:12)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

I accidentally did it myself a couple of years ago, i was like omg what have i done and stopped the car to check if the very wet person was okay ... he was a little tempered but it turned out nice when i drove him home ...

Never had the same happen to me ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI

TrueMusou wrote:

Stay the hell away from puddles g'damnit!

Edit: Was it the same puddle each time, by the way?
Only one puddle was a repeat offender.

Several cars have had whatever was in my hand thrown at them, change etc.

I should probably walk a different way to college...
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5953|Perth, indian ocean
Don't worry mate that happens to me all the time! dam pricks think it's funny!

eh who am i kidding I'm probably going to do it to someone when i start driving haha I'm such an asshole
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
Because it's fun drenching harrises who walk in the rain.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Ffs it's just a bit of water. Stop bitching.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6537|NYC / Hamburg

It's fun spraying pedestrians with water
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI

Flecco wrote:

Ffs it's just a bit of water. Stop bitching.
For the rest of a cold day, dripping.

And define "a bit of water" lol
It was like a bin of water was tipped on me

I'm mainly getting at the frequency of this and the fact that I'm not a happy person when I'm wet  QQ
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

ilinear wrote:

small puddles near the edge of the kerb, say, a few centimeters deep.

ilinear wrote:

k.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
Be kind Timmmaaah he's not a scientist, he doesn't carry around measurement equipment.
Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
like 4 times this year the road i walk home from school get loads of puddles when its raining and its coming close to winter so
ilinear
Bigger. Better. ilinear.
+27|6415|Lisburn, NI

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

ilinear wrote:

small puddles near the edge of the kerb, say, a few centimeters deep.

ilinear wrote:

k.
Fair nuff, but if you take into account that there's multiple puddles, and some puddles are actually a deeper hole or an overflowing drain, which i can't see how deep it is, it looks like a load of smaller puddles.

The only way I can think that I got that soaked with small puddles...

But I didn't think of that till now, thats a good few minutes of thinking there lol
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I've never done it to anyone, and I've had a few near misses when walking down the road (I keep an eye out for these things). My mum......she's done it to people (accidental, I think) a few times, and it was pretty big too

Last edited by Mek-Stizzle (2008-11-07 04:40:01)

jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Sisco10 wrote:

ilinear wrote:

You can sue people because they drove to close to the curb and go someone a bit wet?

For how much...?
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6433|Tyne & Wear, England
I did it on purpose a couple of months ago to a bunch of chavs, I was hurtling down the hill and saw two striped jumpers (typical of chavs round here) in the distance.  It had been pissing down all day and they were walking past this almighty puddle, anyway I drove straight through it, it was like a fucking tsunami   I couldn't give a shit though, any fellow Brit can confirm that they deserved it.

I wouldn't do it to any upstanding member of society though, it's a cunts trick really.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6679|Germany

.Sup wrote:

There was heavy raining 10 days ago and I was walking to work and this idiot was driving really fast and he drove into the puddle and sprayed me. My pants were completely wet. I cursed really loud, everyone started looking at me, the car stopped 10 meters away from me, I was so pissed off I started running after the car but he ran away after seeing me running for him.
Picked the wrong running shoes from your "little" collection that day ? 
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5717|Croatia
Only once in my life,about 10 years ago.It almost happened again a couple of months ago,but I managed to grab my friend and put him in the line of displacement.Fortunately,it was a smaller puddle so my friend only got sprayed on his trousers a bit.
CrazeD
+368|6643|Maine

Sisco10 wrote:

ilinear wrote:

And people say Americans sue a lot...
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
I got soaked by a bus once. Consider the puddle discharge on that one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard