HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6533|California
Sometimes I think the SF choppers are more suited for some of the regular (Vanilla) BF2 maps.

The SF choppers are faster and their TV missile location is higher, which is fine for the bigger maps found in Vanilla.

The Apache Longbow seems more suited to large, dark and armored based maps like Daqing, Operation Harvest, Midnight Sun because of its speed and color. 

They could have used the Hind and added troop transport capability (as it can in RL) as the MEC / PLA answer to the pre nerfed Black Hawk.

The Vanilla helicopters seem to be better suited in Special Forces.  Plus it makes more sense.

Why would the MEC Special Forces or Spetsnaz get a 30 year old helicopter aka the hind?  You think they would have the MI-28.   

The Navy Seals could have the AH-1Z, because thats what you would expect to be on the Iron Gator / Essex. 

I like the helicopters in the maps, but just imagine using the AH-IZ or the MI-28 cannon on Ghost Town, Iron Gator or the Rebel maps.   

I believe I read in an interview somewhere that DICE originally planned to have the various SF armies, vehicles, maps to be integrated in BF2.  But EA rushed DICE to just get vanilla BF2 out the door.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6544
it would be nice if ... First Sf and vanilla maps could played in the same rotation and second your idea as a server side option.  Admins can choose what vehicles would spawn.  But only be able to pick that sides equipment only and you cannot make a dpv a helicopter.
DigitalRicky
+3|5530
Maybe Dice should look into making a new expansion pack. Combining alot of veichles from SF/Euro Forces/AF and having many bugs fixed and much more new technology to play around with. Battlefield 2, in my opinion, is the first game i have ever seen make it so far without dying.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

DigitalRicky wrote:

Battlefield 2, in my opinion, is the first game i have ever seen make it so far without dying.
Then you haven't seen many games obviously.
Starcraft? Counterstrike? ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard