God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6350|tropical regions of london

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Are you proud to be an american? Do you belive in Freedom and Rights?
yes
and yes

my rights have never been infringed
qft

still trying to figure out why i cant own slaves though
reverse racism
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ

Schwarzelungen wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

yes
and yes

Just because your rights have never been infringed, doesn't mean that you should be ok when it's someone else. Sit by and say hey at least it's not me, then when it's your turn whose going to stand up for you?

No I"m complaining about Police Officers Pulling over random people to make sure they're not drunk.. If a person is swerving or speeding pull them over, if they are doing nothing visible wrong, do not..
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

God Save the Queen wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

yes
and yes

qft

still trying to figure out why i cant own slaves though
reverse racism
Move to the middle east, I'm pretty sure you can still purchase slaves there.. Also some of the Asian countries.. Try those and you can..
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6303|Bloomington Indiana

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

yes
and yes

Just because your rights have never been infringed, doesn't mean that you should be ok when it's someone else. Sit by and say hey at least it's not me, then when it's your turn whose going to stand up for you?

No I"m complaining about Police Officers Pulling over random people to make sure they're not drunk.. If a person is swerving or speeding pull them over, if they are doing nothing visible wrong, do not..
so youre telling me that on busy nights/ holidays with heavy traffic youd be pissed if a cop was making sure people are being safe.  cant spend 5 minutes of your time being a help to society? 

are you angry when the starbucks line takes too long too?

honestly

the day a cop walks into my house lookin for shit without a warrant *which theyd need some pretty hefty evidence before hand*  ill have a problem.
until then, the people who get screwed with generally deserve it.
i met this guy who was complaining about how the popo kept "gettin all up on him"  and singling him out.  i asked why...turns out he has a streak of getting drunk, driving and smoking pot....screw that. keep people like him off my roads. and if they have to enforce it by making me spend 5 minutes at a stop..so be it
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire

Schwarzelungen wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

yes
and yes

so youre telling me that on busy nights/ holidays with heavy traffic youd be pissed if a cop was making sure people are being safe.  cant spend 5 minutes of your time being a help to society? 

honestly

the day a cop walks into my house lookin for shit without a warrant *which theyd need some pretty hefty evidence before hand*  ill have a problem.
i met this guy who was complaining about how the popo kept "gettin all up on him"  and singling him out.  i asked why...turns out he has a streak of getting drunk, driving and smoking pot....screw that. keep people like him off my roads. and if they have to enforce it by making me spend 5 minutes at a stop..so be it
Different people have different opinions on this particular matter. As someone who grew up in a border county in the shadow cast by the troubles in Northern Ireland and as someone who was subjected to routine searches, guns being casually pointed in me and my family's faces, questioning and insulting jokes (though as a child I never realised many of them until I was older) every time my parents drove across the border I don't think I will ever be a fan of oppressive police state tactics. In the days of my early childhood the ruling British regime would lock up any catholic or Republican in the North they chose to without any warrant or evidence (this was known as internment) - one of my own relations was even locked up; they were also wiretapping anyone and everyone they pleased. My people suffered some pretty horrendous shit back then and I just can't bring myself to accept in modern times no matter what the argument. Terrorism is terrorism is terrorism... doesn't matter what colour outfit you have on.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-11-05 16:12:23)

SealXo
+309|6543

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Congratulations America. Welcome back to the international community.
Don't worry. We, as a people, still don't give a fuck about you.
i like guiness..
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
Braddock

Understandable in your case.
thats happened here too, specifically during ww2 and such.

if things happened again to the extent in which you talk about, of course its too much. 
however when its a situation like drunk driving or insurance?  thats a drop of water in a bucket
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6297|Éire

Schwarzelungen wrote:

Braddock

Understandable in your case.
thats happened here too, specifically during ww2 and such.

if things happened again to the extent in which you talk about, of course its too much. 
however when its a situation like drunk driving or insurance?  thats a drop of water in a bucket
I know that there are many grey areas when it comes to matters of security and I have no problem with maintaining a vigilant attitude towards security and towards preventing terrorism; what I have a big problem with is when profiling raises its ugly head - whether it be racial profiling, religious profiling or even political profiling. I just get very cautious when, bit by bit, the State seizes more and more power to intrude on our personal liberties and privacy. It's not that I care about some AQ terrorist having his feelings hurt - fuck those guys - it's the potential for corruption and the direction in which the mentality and attitude leads.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That's funny - I seem to notice wave upon wave of Americans in Dublin city centre exploring their heritage. And when I lived in America people were clamouring over themselves to talk about their Irish roots and how they 'love' Ireland. Not to mention how much money Americans raised for the IRA over the years and how much effort US politicians put into tying down the Irish American lobby. Paddy's Day seemed pretty big in NYC when I was there last March too. Hmmmm.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2008-11-06 00:51:11)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

CameronPoe wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

That's funny - I seem to notice wave upon wave of Americans in Dublin city centre exploring their heritage. And when I lived in America people were clamouring over themselves to talk about their Irish roots and how they 'love' Ireland. Not to mention how much money Americans raised for the IRA over the years and how much effort US politicians put into tying down the Irish American lobby. Hmmmm.
I think you missed a slightly cynical, "self-critical" note in his post.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
I'm sick of hearing the B word pathetic why should it even be an issue.
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

wah1188 wrote:

I'm sick of hearing the B word pathetic why should it even be an issue.
Barack?
Black?

or...

Braddock?

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
Black great that he is the first one. Lets talk about his issues and policies instead of his skin colour.
Spark
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

wah1188 wrote:

Black great that he is the first one. Lets talk about his issues and policies instead of his skin colour.
I haven't heard him talk about his own race as a factor. Certainly not recently (since the 'dollar bill' minigaffe)

However, it's hard to ignore race when 95% (thereabouts) of a racial group voted for one candidate
~ Richard Feynman
beerface702
+65|6700|las vegas
I am sick to my stomach
CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

beerface702 wrote:

I am sick to my stomach
https://www.allcures.com/images/products/2110211.jpg
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
People should watch the South Park episode that just came out, especially the OP
13rin
+977|6486

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

People should watch the South Park episode that just came out, especially the OP
To the CAVES!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6557|CH/BR - in UK

Am I the only person who thought McCain was being extremely sarcastic/bitter? His speech was really forced x

-kon
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Schwarzelungen wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

yes
and yes

honestly

NOOOO I'm angry with what is a taking away our rights.. What do you think it's a big step from Freedom to police state?

It's Gradual steps, they take them away slowely and with "our safety in mind" then people like yourself are going.. Hey I'll take the 5 min inconvience to keep these horrible people off the street, then they get you with hey we have a massive drug problem so we're going to start random home searches in poorer area's to seize drugs. Then you on your pedistal says "hey it's going to protect my kids and myself so what if they stop at my house and search it? I don't have anything to hide"..

It's a very slippery slope and once we start giving away certain rights, I don't care how you justify it, more will slowely be taken away. Next thing you know, the police force will overly recruit and show force everywhere and you'll have big brother looking over your shoulder. But hey you're safe because you don't do anything wrong..
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
maybe i wasnt clear earlier. 

without a search warrant or other probable cause, a cop isnt getting into my house or doing shit to me. 

a traffic/dui stop where its not just me, who cares?  the day cops start making people show ID's for simply walking down the street, we'll have a problem.  but im not gonna sit here crying wolf at something that hasnt happened/i dont believe is happening.

honestly, until i see evidence of my rights being taken away from me, im gonna sit here and be a happy camper.
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ
You're making yourself clear, I'm stating that once you start accepting Rights being taken away.. It's going to continuely go that way..
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You're making yourself clear, I'm stating that once you start accepting Rights being taken away.. It's going to continuely go that way..
but ill say again, mine havent.

i agree with you though, giving in will ultimately lead to more and more happenings. 
and believe me, when my rights start getting taken away, ill be damned sure to do something about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard