beerface702
+65|6690|las vegas
when obama made his speech tonight? McCain gave an amazing speech and took his loss with alot of integrity, he would have made an awesome potus imo. He has more there imo, more personality.

Obama is dry, something not there, I just can;t put my figure on it easily, maybe I am just a racist who is not obama drunk

Last edited by beerface702 (2008-11-04 23:47:15)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6552
Congratulations America. Welcome back to the international community.
beerface702
+65|6690|las vegas
haha you don't even know me.

redneck's don't come from Kalifornia

I guess I should change my nick eh
beerface702
+65|6690|las vegas

CameronPoe wrote:

if you say so.

don't forget Bush still has 2 months, anything can happen. They will have their grand finale and make our heads spin twice.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5681|SQUID
He's not going to take your 10 round, fixed clip rifles, Chief.

Last edited by The A W S M F O X (2008-11-05 00:00:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

At last the world can start liking America again.
Shit, let's just give you all electoral votes and have done with it.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

I thought the "yes we can" refrains were a bit over the top. Otherwise, a typical Obama speech. Pretty, but no substance.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Beerface wrote:

who was sick to their stomach?
Only the racists I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

beerface702 wrote:

when obama made his speech tonight? McCain gave an amazing speech and took his loss with alot of integrity, he would have made an awesome potus imo. He has more there imo, more personality.

Obama is dry, something not there, I just can;t put my figure on it easily, maybe I am just a racist who is not obama drunk
The words "McCain" and "amazing speech" simply do not belong in the same sentence... unless of course they are accompanied by the words "did not give an...".
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

FEOS wrote:

I thought the "yes we can" refrains were a bit over the top. Otherwise, a typical Obama speech. Pretty, but no substance.
Be gracious guys... at least we don't have to listen to old man stories any more!

/jk
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Braddock wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

The words "McCain" and "amazing speech" simply do not belong in the same sentence... unless of course they are accompanied by the words "did not give an...".
Did you actually listen to McCain's speech?

The McCain that spoke is the one the RNC has kept locked up in the basement for the last six months.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They were both reasonable speeches.
Obama's speech was what America needs right now, a bit less of the 'haves and have mores', more binding together and motivating.

The McCain that spoke is the one the RNC has kept locked up in the basement for the last six months.
Well duh to them then.
McCain was too old, Palin was a nutter, both would have been puppets of the Neo and Theo cons, seems simple enough.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2008-11-05 03:52:23)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Tbf Braddock McCain's speech was well composed and surprisingly well executed.

Oh and Obamica sounds better.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

beerface702 wrote:

maybe I am just a racist
There's no maybe about it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why would anyone be 'sick to their stomachs' exactly?
Its not as if you've never had a democrat President before.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6765
Obamas speech was pure class.

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

FEOS wrote:

Braddock wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

Did you actually listen to McCain's speech?

I saw bits of it... couldn't stay up for the whole shebang unfortunately. He did seem gracious and moderately articulate I'll admit... to be honest I'm just winding up the begrudgers because Obama's speech seemed just as good, if not better. You have to admit that when Obama speaks people listen and he gives a sense that he is calm and in control. Let's also not forgot that under the surface he is still a man grieving the death of the Grandmother who raised him.

I'm glad though that McCain immediately moved towards a position of support for the new President. That is what McCain does best, he is a maverick, he can support policies that might help the country even when he has to go against party lines and right now Dems and Reps need to work together to get out of the financial hole.

Last edited by Braddock (2008-11-05 04:18:19)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

When did we leave again?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

CameronPoe wrote:

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

/gives a fuck
CameronPoe
+2,925|6552

Pug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

When did we leave again?
I meant it in the sense that it won't (temporarily anyway, time will tell) be a domestic political liability for any of our leaders to express support for your country's policies and American tourists will no longer feel ashamed enough to wear Canadian badges on their rucksacks in order to avoid awkward conversation.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6287|Éire

Pug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

When did we leave again?
Around 2003 I think.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6164

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

/gives a fuck
Bitter?
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France

CameronPoe wrote:

Pug wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

When did we leave again?
I meant it in the sense that it won't (temporarily anyway, time will tell) be a domestic political liability for any of our leaders to express support for your country's policies and American tourists will no longer feel ashamed enough to wear Canadian badges on their rucksacks in order to avoid awkward conversation.
Well, travelling abroad isn't going to change the opinions of others.  You and others once said something along the lines of "I like Americans, I just dislike the American foreign policy."  So when you saw an American in your street, did you walk up to them and say "Nice day...I think Iraq sucks"?  Do you honestly believe Americans are consistently prompted overseas into a political discussion on foreign policy?  I don't think so.

The US will continue most of its policies unfortunately, no matter who's president.  I'm surprised you don't see that.

@Brad - I think you're talking about a large US-only force that went into Iraq right?  You know the invasion that only has US troops?  Obama better get the troops out.  Imagine what happens if he doesn't.  Problems of a campaign promise - this time with global repercussions.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6759

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

/gives a fuck
Bitter?
about?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6644

CameronPoe wrote:

Don't worry. We, as a people, still don't give a fuck about you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard