Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6299|eng
No it's not. America was built on racism and was a way of life for many years, won't be going away any time soon.
#rekt
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

ATG wrote:

Now that we have freely elected a black American we can look forward to a near day when the cloud of racism is not an excuse for individual failure.

Unless you are a WASP, lol.

But seriously folks, if nothing else.

RACISM DIED TODAY IN THE BODY OF OUR POLITIC.

discuss this aspect.
I disagree, and agree.  You are correct, although I have felt race as an excuse for personal failure was already dead.  However, if Obama does not deliver the black community out of bondage (as they see it and the reason they voted for him). If Obama does not pay off all of their mortgages and bills, tomorrow, he will be viewed as a sell out, and racism continues
Reciprocity
+721|6593|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

If Obama does not pay off all of their mortgages and bills, tomorrow, he will be viewed as a sell out, and racism continues
that is a shining argument.
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6348|Oregon

ATG wrote:

No it did not. Today, we as a people simply overcame the racism that still lingers, and will linger forever in our society.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

If Obama does not pay off all of their mortgages and bills, tomorrow, he will be viewed as a sell out, and racism continues
that is a shining argument.
Sorry ya don't like it, Obama has been risen from mere mortal politician to a savior. He is now tasked with solving all of our personal problems because, he is OBAMA
Reciprocity
+721|6593|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

Sorry ya don't like it, Obama has been risen from mere mortal politician to a savior. He is now tasked with solving all of our personal problems because, he is OBAMA
I guess I missed that meeting.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina
Kudos America for electing Obama.  Nevertheless, racism still is an issue.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

Obviously you have missed more than a meeting
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

To be honest he has a point. I think expectations have become a weee bit high.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6335|Orrstrayleea

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I am so sick of hearing about Obama's race.
Then don't participate in threads that revolve around it.
MOD FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Spark wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

To be honest he has a point. I think expectations have become a weee bit high.
wow an agreement with Spark, and a black president all on the same day? What a country
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6423|'Murka

ATG wrote:

Now that we have freely elected a black American we can look forward to a near day when the cloud of racism is not an excuse for individual failure.

Unless you are a WASP, lol.

But seriously folks, if nothing else.

discuss this aspect.
No it hasn't. Diane Sawyer (and other media types) kept pounding the race drum last night...even as we elected the first black President. It was far more important to the media than it was to the people.

Yes, it was historic. Yes, it was an indication that race is a smaller player in the average citizen's calculus. But no, it's not dead. The media will keep it on life support so they have something to report on (and blame for any Obama administration failures).
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6303|Éire
I wouldn't say racism is now dead in America but with Obama's election its grave is now being dug!

Congrats America.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6822|Nårvei

Braddock wrote:

I wouldn't say racism is now dead in America but with Obama's election its grave is now being dug!

Congrats America.
I wouldn't celebrate the latter just yet ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6118|eXtreme to the maX

Kmarion wrote:

How so? Where did you go?
I spent one week in and around Orlando with a French guy and a black Kenyan guy (business trip).
It was an interesting experience, starting with the black guy getting the third degree at immigration - despite having a British passport identical to mine.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6659

TheAussieReaper wrote:

When you analyse the numbers, had only whites voted this election, (minus blacks and hispanics) McCain would have won...

I think there is still racism. But thank god Obama made it all the way to the White House.

It's a huge step forward.
Except for the fact that more whites voted for Obama than they did for Bush in the last election.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I am so sick of hearing about Obama's race.
Then don't participate in threads that revolve around it.
The very fact that there are threads about his race means racism is clearly not dead, politically or otherwise. If it was it wouldn't have been brought up by this forum or anyone else concerning whether or not it helped or hurt him, because everyone acknowledges it made some difference. By showing contempt at the very notion of bringing up his race I am the least racist of all you wanna-be pundits.

/superior
What a joke. You keep hanging around topics you supposedly are sick of hearing about. Keep it up junior.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6613|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

How so? Where did you go?
I spent one week in and around Orlando with a French guy and a black Kenyan guy (business trip).
It was an interesting experience, starting with the black guy getting the third degree at immigration - despite having a British passport identical to mine.
Well golly gee buddy, you said 2001 right?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6401|New York
I'm far too cynical to think that racism is even close to being dead. There were black people that voted for him solely based on his color, disregarding his platform, and there were white people that voted against him solely based on his color, also disregarding his platform.

It was a good step in the right direction, though.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6708|NJ
We'll see, right now we definatly needed a change in leadership someone to inspire and give us Hope. I truely feel that Obmama was the better choice for this, the only real issue/concern I have with it, is while he might provide the leadership aspects, people might sabatage him because of race. Only time will tell about this though, he picked up our country when it's on four blocks on a WT's front lawn, I hope that he will be able to rebuild it so it's cherry again..

Also on the same note, do you think this will do away with "African American" Cause he's an American Born and Raised here. Afican American is really a raciest term because it's stateing that all Blacks came from Africa which they haven't..
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6639|Canada
the southern, midwest staes are still deeply racist...have you NOT seen the crazy mcain supporters with the monkey stuff, ect?!?
Roc18
`
+655|5803|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I wouldnt say dead, but I would say we have come very far.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

of all the shit the US gets, i would like to see a white guy named john smith named a leader of an ME country or an asian country.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England

usmarine wrote:

i would like to see a white guy named john smith named a leader of an ME country or an asian country.
British Empire?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

usmarine wrote:

i would like to see a white guy named john smith named a leader of an ME country or an asian country.
British Empire?
you guys have new zealand right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard