Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
Of 21 votes casted.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11 … index.html

Barack Obama emerged victorious in the first election returns of the 2008 presidential race, winning 15 of 21 votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. It was the first time since 1968 that the village leaned Democratic in an election.
Just thought I'd share

Last edited by Spark (2008-11-03 22:21:26)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6375|California
Haha, we were talking about this earlier in economics class today, great stuff I might say.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6352|California
Where in CA do you live, generally? Just wondering.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
so don't bother voting everyone...lol... j/k
looks like Australia is leaning McCain at this point though... hard to tell with the internet filter...lol
Love is the answer
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

Wait, so you guys get to know first results before voting has even started in many states?
I need around tree fiddy.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
this has been a tradition with this small town in New Hampshire since the 60s i believe...

The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each Election Day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-11-03 22:37:58)

Love is the answer
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

So it's just that one, then? In an "Aww, look at what they did in that teeny little town there"-kind of way? And all the rest will not announce any results before voting has closed all the way in Hawaii?

Edit: And what's with this ad popping up all the time?

https://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3388/whyna4.png
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6725
they really limit the predicting until the polls in the state are officially closed nowadays...
the press got bit in the ass making predictions in 2000... people were pissed and rightfully so...
people figured... why should even bother if they are already calling my state... or other state(s)

the NH thing is just a tradition they started years back...

and i have a political banner that i see in my browser... no gaythugdating...?

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2008-11-03 22:55:17)

Love is the answer
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6641|Finland

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

they really limit the predicting until the polls in the state are officially closed nowadays...
the press got bit in the ass making predictions in 2000... people were pissed and rightfully so...
people figured... why should even bother if they are already calling my state... or other state(s)
That's what I thought. But not only exit polls or predictions, but also the announcements of results from states in the east while voting is still open in the west.

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Damn this pinpointed marketing. I was just fantasizing over a big gay gangsta.. Not.
HollisHurlbut
+51|6007

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

this has been a tradition with this small town in New Hampshire since the 60s i believe...

The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each Election Day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.
But polls are still open, so how can they know what the results are going to be?

FIX!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
A full 100 percent of registered voters in the village cast ballots.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

DonFck wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Damn this pinpointed marketing. I was just fantasizing over a big gay gangsta.. Not.
I'm getting an add for some random korean rpg....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6005|Belgium

Flecco wrote:

DonFck wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

I'm getting an add for some random korean rpg....
Adblock for greater justice
On topic: Yeay Obama
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6162|what

https://www.pentdego.com/prentjes/973854.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

i saw retards on the corners holding signs on the way to work.  how about you get your asses to work and help the economy, not slow down traffic you fucking dumb fucks.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6382|Kyiv, Ukraine
In that same election mentioned in the OP, there were actually 23 votes cast:

Obama 15
McCain 6
Paul (write-in) 2

Ron Paul took almost 10% of the popular vote.  If that trend keeps up, it might show who the repugs should have ran instead of McPalin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard