MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6321

mtb0minime wrote:

Is anyone else worried that with a Dem president and Dem senate, we'll be screwed? I thought having each party in control of one or the other would ensure that only the really good stuff got through... but maybe not...
Be prepared, because the President, the Senate and the House will be Democrat.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

mtb0minime wrote:

Is anyone else worried that with a Dem president and Dem senate, we'll be screwed? I thought having each party in control of one or the other would ensure that only the really good stuff got through... but maybe not...
The Repubs only need one more seat to prevent a supermajority (filibuster proof).. that's all I care about at this point.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6497|tropical regions of london
I dont think Im too happy with an overwhelming majority.  But, regardless, how effective is a filibuster anyway?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

God Save the Queen wrote:

I dont think Im too happy with an overwhelming majority.  But, regardless, how effective is a filibuster anyway?
Very. Remember that oversight of Fannie Mae that republicans were trying to push through? It was stuck in the committee (via fillibuster) until 2007. TBH I wouldn't want any party with that much power. That is also how Pelosi prevented a vote on drilling.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6321

Kmarion wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

The Repubs only need one more seat to prevent a supermajority (filibuster proof).. that's all I care about at this point.
1? don't they need 8?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6809

Yep, there will be change alright... but mainly in the form of stupid, ridiculous, partisan political propaganda and crap that our country probably doesn't need.
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6450|Bloomington Indiana

ever had someone read you the phonebook?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

1? don't they need 8?
1 for 60.
http://www.congresslink.org/print_basic … ilibusters

The dems could when them all though. (Five left)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6622

Schwarzelungen wrote:

ever had someone read you the phonebook?
Someone did that in a philibuster once.

Or so I've heard.

Also, why the fuck is wikipedia so slow today?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6692|Long Island, New York
The NH senate race is Shaheen vs. Sanunu?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6321

Kmarion wrote:

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

1? don't they need 8?
1 for 60.
http://www.congresslink.org/print_basic … ilibusters

The dems could when them all though. (Five left)
It says it needs a 60 vote for filibuster proof, but then says 2/3 (66 votes).  Can you explain?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

It's over. McCain has to take obvious Obama states.. not going to happen. Obama just took the majority of the battleground states.. Mccain cant get 270 now.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

It's over. McCain has to take obvious Obama states.. not going to happen. Obama just took the majority of the battleground states.. Mccain cant get 270 now.

I love that movie.

New Mexico is wonky right now.

Yes, wonky.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

McCain is going to lose IN.. game set match.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Kmarion wrote:

Wait, what?

He's still leading..
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

Kmarion wrote:

really?  wow...indiana never goes Dem. in a national election.  still too soon to call?  im on my computer at work, so im probably a few minutes behind you all
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Wait, what?

He's still leading..
OH.. my bad.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6848|The Ville
Dang it McCain lost Ohio.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6926|PNW

I don't like exit polls. They inspire too many people to jump bandwagons or just give up. Conversely, they can inspire worried masses to jump in when they otherwise wouldn't have bothered (those guys can just stay at home as far as I'm concerned).

It's always irritated me to hear the news blabbing early every election year. They're political paparazzis.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-11-04 18:25:46)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6622
So I'm at the CNN thang,

Florida has 51% in, with Obama up by 200,000. While NY has 1% with Obama up by 17,000.

Yet NY is called and FL isn't

I mean sure NY is always gonna voet Obama no matter what (and lol @ teh Bronx, McCain gets 17%) but srsly.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Oh shit...major projection coming up! OH? FL? NC?

QUE ES SODA?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

Schwarzelungen wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

really?  wow...indiana never goes Dem. in a national election.  still too soon to call?  im on my computer at work, so im probably a few minutes behind you all
No I was adding IN into my calculator when I posted.. I meant Ohio. .. There is virtually no way now mathematically .. even if he takes the other battleground states.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6755|132 and Bush

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

So I'm at the CNN thang,

Florida has 51% in, with Obama up by 200,000. While NY has 1% with Obama up by 17,000.

Yet NY is called and FL isn't

I mean sure NY is always gonna voet Obama no matter what (and lol @ teh Bronx, McCain gets 17%) but srsly.
look at the counties..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen

Kmarion wrote:

Schwarzelungen wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No I was adding IN into my calculator when I posted.. I meant Ohio. .. There is virtually no way now mathematically .. even if he takes the other battleground states.
k, thanks for clarifying
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6321
Virginia is too damn close to call, but CNN called it anyways.

Oh well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard