Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I think we need to build things similar to the ion cannon from the CnC series. You never know when we'll be up against a massive rogue militant army or invaders from outer space.
Tbh building an Ion Cannon = shite idea. See it was the experiments by Nikolai Tesla with the Tesla Coil that made the Scrin notice Earth in the first place and launch the Tiberium meteorite at us. At least that was the original storyline until EA was all like LOLOLWESTWOOD and broke the storylines apart, fucked the canon and yeah...

[/c&c nerd]

The cannon got broken in RA2, when Westwood was still Westwood. CnC3 didn't mess wit the cannon at all, despite being made when Westwood was EALA.
Yes, but it was a decision by EA involving the C&C First Decade pack (I think) that caused the canon split that Westwood followed through with it after the guy who masterminded the link decided to give up on it. 'Failed experiment' were the words used I think. I haven't played Kane's Wrath but apparently it features a passive reference to RA, something to do with photos of Kane taken by the CIA or something.

Hell March = intended as a theme for the rise of the Brotherhood of Nod. Which explains why it's such an awesome piece of music.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6165

jord wrote:

You can fly over water, in a faster, more versatile machine.

Aircraft, they're the future.
You need the carrier so the aircraft can land.

And several submarines with nuclear warheads is quite a deterrent, so yeah, the Navy is important.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

RDX-FX wrote:

And, too often, money is handed out according to "which senator's home state is this bit of kit manufactured in".
Its not like that in the MOD, AFAIK.
Its their job to organise procurement to provide suitable kit for the army.
Big ticket items get decided by govt, but lower level stuff by the MOD - who seem to have screwed up everything they've touched for decades.
It's the same way in the US.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

usmarine wrote:

tell that twat to quit bitching.  i had the gear from the clinton years in 2001 in afghanistan and in iraq in 2003 and i am still alive.  SAS...special my ass.  cry baby.
The difference here is the fact you've admitted you got the kit you needed. We haven't thats what the blokes whinging about, that and the fact due to this poor kit issue people have died!
Now l could argue the toss about this and indicate that some of your lot are trained by us and we have a much higher sucsess rate than your special forces, but l wont That would be bad form old boy!

God Save the Queen wrote:

reservists are garbage.
Your having a laugh at this one! Do you know what a reservist is? Well l tell you a reservist is someone who has been a member of the regular armed force, left and been called up because of the fact he/she is obliged too. Apparantly its 10 years on the call up list!

I don't blame the bloke bitching. I used those sodding snatchs. No bloody good for the enviroment they are used in! In fact l belive they can just about stop a 5.56 round from a distance..of about a mile!

Last edited by The_Guardsman (2008-11-02 13:34:48)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

The_Guardsman wrote:

The difference here is the fact you've admitted you got the kit you needed.

------
Do you know what a reservist is? Well l tell you a reservist is someone who has been a member of the regular armed force, left and been called up because of the fact he/she is obliged too. Apparantly its 10 years on the call up list!
where did i admit that?

i was a reserve puke also......
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

usmarine wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

The difference here is the fact you've admitted you got the kit you needed.

------
Do you know what a reservist is? Well l tell you a reservist is someone who has been a member of the regular armed force, left and been called up because of the fact he/she is obliged too. Apparantly its 10 years on the call up list!
where did i admit that?

i was a reserve puke also......

usmarine wrote:

i had the gear from the clinton years in 2001 in afghanistan and in iraq in 2003 and i am still alive
What do you mean this one? Well yes you would still be alive because you had the right kit.

As for the reservist dig that was from God save the Queen. Just wanted to make sure he knew what a reservist is old boy!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

The_Guardsman wrote:

What do you mean this one? Well yes you would still be alive because you had the right kit.
what i mean is i still had a gas mask from the first gulf war is one example.  same humvees also.  no "up armor."
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!

usmarine wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

what i mean is i still had a gas mask from the first gulf war is one example.  same humvees also.  no "up armor."
Oh l see. Well still you should know where this blokes coming from, given the wrong kit to do a job. The Snatch vehicle is about 20 bloody years old. Also you have to admit that the tactics have changed from when you first went in. Its now more IED's than firefights. Wheres as when you went in l don't think they were as big a problem as they are now.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

The_Guardsman wrote:

Wheres as when you went in l don't think they were as big a problem as they are now.
not really.  same shit happened in Nam.  its just ied's werent the hot media word back then.  i had to deal with tons of ied's in 2001 and 2003.  maybe its worse now.  but, i also had to deal with tanks and actually soldiers also.
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london

The_Guardsman wrote:

usmarine wrote:

tell that twat to quit bitching.  i had the gear from the clinton years in 2001 in afghanistan and in iraq in 2003 and i am still alive.  SAS...special my ass.  cry baby.
The difference here is the fact you've admitted you got the kit you needed. We haven't thats what the blokes whinging about, that and the fact due to this poor kit issue people have died!
Now l could argue the toss about this and indicate that some of your lot are trained by us and we have a much higher sucsess rate than your special forces, but l wont That would be bad form old boy!

God Save the Queen wrote:

reservists are garbage.
Your having a laugh at this one! Do you know what a reservist is? Well l tell you a reservist is someone who has been a member of the regular armed force, left and been called up because of the fact he/she is obliged too. Apparantly its 10 years on the call up list!

I don't blame the bloke bitching. I used those sodding snatchs. No bloody good for the enviroment they are used in! In fact l belive they can just about stop a 5.56 round from a distance..of about a mile!
thanks for telling me about something i know everything about, feel better.  I was a soldier in the active duty and the army reserves.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5700|College Park, MD
so if reservists are garbage
but you were also in active duty

does that makes you recyclable material?

www.instantrimshot.com
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
God Save the Queen
Banned
+628|6341|tropical regions of london

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

so if reservists are garbage
but you were also in active duty

does that makes you recyclable material?

www.instantrimshot.com
Im your daddy
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

The_Guardsman wrote:

The Snatch vehicle
So what is that vehicle full of?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

FEOS wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

The Snatch vehicle
So what is that vehicle full of?
who knows.  they have 20 names for the same thing.

btw, icwatudidthar
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6713|US
The thing that is being missed (in the B-2 arguments) is the economy of scale.  The USAF could have effectively doubled the number of B-2s or F-22s they ordered for about the same price.  That is due to the R&D costs overshadowing the production cost per unit by a LARGE amount.  The actual materials and labor to produce one of those aircraft is nowhere near the total cost of R&D divided among the end number delivered.

...of course operating costs increase when you double the fleet.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

I've just seen two of these things strapped to the back of a transporter today, looked brand new as well,

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/future/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard