Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|5572|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well you have to remember. When Micheal Moore hears about ONE person getting something free, that means EVERYONE gets it free.
Example?
I was making a sarcastic statement. But lets look at Mikey's journalism techniques:


A look at Bowling for Columbine (my main analysis to date). In producing his Oscar-winner, Moore altered history, misled his viewers, and edited the footage and audio in such a way as to reverse the meaning. In one case, he took a speech of a person he desired to target; the problem was that the speech was in fact conciliatory and mild. So he spliced in footage from another speech, cut out paragraphs, and spliced the beginning of one sentence to the ending of another. In another, when he wanted to criticize a political advertisement, but it wasn't as pointed as he wanted, he spliced together two different political ads, then added titling which was in neither.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|5666|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well you have to remember. When Micheal Moore hears about ONE person getting something free, that means EVERYONE gets it free.
Example?
I was making a sarcastic statement. But lets look at Mikey's journalism techniques:


A look at Bowling for Columbine (my main analysis to date). In producing his Oscar-winner, Moore altered history, misled his viewers, and edited the footage and audio in such a way as to reverse the meaning. In one case, he took a speech of a person he desired to target; the problem was that the speech was in fact conciliatory and mild. So he spliced in footage from another speech, cut out paragraphs, and spliced the beginning of one sentence to the ending of another. In another, when he wanted to criticize a political advertisement, but it wasn't as pointed as he wanted, he spliced together two different political ads, then added titling which was in neither.
That's not a valid example.

I am well aware Moore distorts the facts a great deal. I was asking for an example of him hearing about someone getting something for free and so saying everyone gets it for free.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|5572|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:


Example?
I was making a sarcastic statement. But lets look at Mikey's journalism techniques:


A look at Bowling for Columbine (my main analysis to date). In producing his Oscar-winner, Moore altered history, misled his viewers, and edited the footage and audio in such a way as to reverse the meaning. In one case, he took a speech of a person he desired to target; the problem was that the speech was in fact conciliatory and mild. So he spliced in footage from another speech, cut out paragraphs, and spliced the beginning of one sentence to the ending of another. In another, when he wanted to criticize a political advertisement, but it wasn't as pointed as he wanted, he spliced together two different political ads, then added titling which was in neither.
That's not a valid example.

I am well aware Moore distorts the facts a great deal. I was asking for an example of him hearing about someone getting something for free and so saying everyone gets it for free.
Like said, I was making a sarcastic remark Bold for easy spotting.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|5666|SE London

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:


I was making a sarcastic statement. But lets look at Mikey's journalism techniques:


A look at Bowling for Columbine (my main analysis to date). In producing his Oscar-winner, Moore altered history, misled his viewers, and edited the footage and audio in such a way as to reverse the meaning. In one case, he took a speech of a person he desired to target; the problem was that the speech was in fact conciliatory and mild. So he spliced in footage from another speech, cut out paragraphs, and spliced the beginning of one sentence to the ending of another. In another, when he wanted to criticize a political advertisement, but it wasn't as pointed as he wanted, he spliced together two different political ads, then added titling which was in neither.
That's not a valid example.

I am well aware Moore distorts the facts a great deal. I was asking for an example of him hearing about someone getting something for free and so saying everyone gets it for free.
Like said, I was making a sarcastic remark Bold for easy spotting.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
I was asking for an example of him doing what you said he does. Obviously you don't have one, so your point is pretty much moot.

I thought you actually had a real point to make. Maybe something along the lines of him claiming healthcare in France is free, when it plainly isn't and everyone is required to pay money into their mutuel healthcare scheme. I was kind of hoping for a valid point, not just a sarcastic off the cuff remark...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,753|5191|eXtreme to the maX
Neo-cons like to ridicule Michael Moore because what he does exposes their agenda.

Don't understand why the Republicans are so rabidly opposed to basic healthcare TBH.

PS Don't even think about travelling to the US without cast-iron insurance, I'd take a few litres of blood too.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-01-02 21:38:50)

#FreeBritney
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5686|132 and Bush

If Moore would have stayed away from Cuba he wouldn't have sounded nearly as "whack-o". Americans already pay into a system.. more than anyone else. That system needs to be reformed by the individual states.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|5766|Disaster Free Zone

SgtHeihn wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

Cubans live longer and have a lower infant mortality rate.

I think all americans should watch "Sicko" at least 10 times until they get it.
Remember high school and university education is also free here in Europe.

"Sicko" really nails my thoughts perfectly.

Remember if You US citizens get sick and don't have insurence - GO TO CUBA

The good people of US deserve better than what is shown in Sicko FFS.
You are going to try and say a Micheal Moore movie give good points? HE MAKES HIS FACTS UP!
IMR
United States     6.30
Cuba     5.93
United Kingdom     4.93
European Union     5.84
Australia     4.51
Life expectancy:
United States     78.06
Cuba     75.08
United Kingdom     78.7
European Union     78.7
Australia     80.62

Hmmm he got one right...

Well at least we can all agree AU>UK>EU>US

Spoiler (highlight to read):
And our health system is shocking

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-01-03 00:13:31)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|5760|Canberra, AUS
AU>UK>EU>US
Damn fucking right. And don't you forget it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|5545|UK
I think people should value their lives and well being enough to pay for it. In this case though.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|5801

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well you have to remember. When Micheal Moore hears about ONE person getting something free, that means EVERYONE gets it free. Like I said before, he makes his "facts" up and then tries to jam them down your throat as undeniable truth. His films are just another form of yellow journalism.
Who's Michael Moore?
Love is the answer
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|5572|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

Bertster7 wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:


That's not a valid example.

I am well aware Moore distorts the facts a great deal. I was asking for an example of him hearing about someone getting something for free and so saying everyone gets it for free.
Like said, I was making a sarcastic remark Bold for easy spotting.

I don't understand what you are trying to argue? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
I was asking for an example of him doing what you said he does. Obviously you don't have one, so your point is pretty much moot.

I thought you actually had a real point to make. Maybe something along the lines of him claiming healthcare in France is free, when it plainly isn't and everyone is required to pay money into their mutuel healthcare scheme. I was kind of hoping for a valid point, not just a sarcastic off the cuff remark...
Well technically no bodies heath care is "free". Your tax dollars are paying for that health care system. It is just the Euro expand it to cover everyone. We do have "free" health care here, well you get it when you go to the hospital and you never pay the bill.

Sorry, genrally the only way I have found to deal with Micheal Moore is extreme sarcasm.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|5572|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

Well you have to remember. When Micheal Moore hears about ONE person getting something free, that means EVERYONE gets it free. Like I said before, he makes his "facts" up and then tries to jam them down your throat as undeniable truth. His films are just another form of yellow journalism.
Who's Michael Moore?
If your serious, then don't bother finding out.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|5801
he's a fat retard who has made a lot of money bashing his own country with bullshit movies... that luckily most smart people see right through...lol
Love is the answer
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|5632|the best galaxy
In Denmark I would get a 200.000$ treatment for free. Why? Because we all pay 40% tax so that the local goverments run the healthcare.
If they do a bad job we don't elect them. Hardcore democracy. The people RULE here! Like an admin LOL! We kick bad politicians FFS!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Vax
Member
+42|4937|Flyover country

Freke1 wrote:

In Denmark I would get a 200.000$ treatment for free. Why? Because we all pay 40% tax so that the local goverments run the healthcare.
So it's not really "free"  then, is it?
No such thing as "free" healthcare.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|5555
Not being funny or anything, but people calling the foul-sources cry are hardly going to be convinced by a list of health-links from health insurance companies and all-American institutions.

So it's not really "free"  then, is it?
No such thing as "free" healthcare.
I think the point is that you receive a service or a 'product' (i.e. pills, tablets or whatnot) without having to pay a bill or fess up any money. There's no transaction or 'business' between you, the client/patient and the practitioner/doctor. That's why it's "free". Obviously everything costs something somewhere, but that's a bit of a moot point. If you cannot afford the tarmac, you can still drive on the tax-funded roads, if you cannot afford the life-saving surgery or medication, you can still receive top-class medical treatment.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-01-03 10:26:54)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mikkel
Member
+383|5686

Freke1 wrote:

Cubans live longer and have a lower infant mortality rate.

I think all americans should watch "Sicko" at least 10 times until they get it.
Remember high school and university education is also free here in Europe.

"Sicko" really nails my thoughts perfectly.

Remember if You US citizens get sick and don't have insurence - GO TO CUBA

The good people of US deserve better than what is shown in Sicko FFS.
I'm sick of people like you claiming "free" this and "free" that. Your health care is not free. Your education is not free. It's paid through your taxes, which Americans as a consequence of their choices pay -less- of. It's not at all uncommon for universal health care to be funded by 7-9% of your income tax. That "free" isn't so "free" when it's costing you 8% of everything you make. Do you really think that you couldn't find decent insurance in the US if you were willing to part with 8% of your total income?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5686|132 and Bush

Uzique wrote:

Not being funny or anything, but people calling the foul-sources cry are hardly going to be convinced by a list of health-links from health insurance companies and all-American institutions.

So it's not really "free"  then, is it?
No such thing as "free" healthcare.
I think the point is that you receive a service or a 'product' (i.e. pills, tablets or whatnot) without having to pay a bill or fess up any money. There's no transaction or 'business' between you, the client/patient and the practitioner/doctor. That's why it's "free". Obviously everything costs something somewhere, but that's a bit of a moot point. If you cannot afford the tarmac, you can still drive on the tax-funded roads, if you cannot afford the life-saving surgery or medication, you can still receive top-class medical treatment.
Those are all government funded and managed. Our best solution is having the states fix the plans they have. They can create custom plans to meet the individual needs of each state. We are much more diverse and larger than any European model. Would you be comfortable having the whole of the EU tax and manage your health?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vax
Member
+42|4937|Flyover country
Obviously everything costs something somewhere, but that's a bit of a moot point. If you cannot afford the tarmac, you can still drive on the tax-funded roads, if you cannot afford the life-saving surgery or medication, you can still receive top-class medical treatment.

Just so it's clear, nobody has to go without life-saving medical treatment due to ability to pay, in fact it's illegal for most hospitals to refuse to treat anyone.
Even the uninsured generally get treated first, then you get billed... 



Then you have a heart attack when you see how high the bill is

Last edited by Vax (2009-01-03 11:05:38)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|5686|132 and Bush

Vax wrote:

Just so it's clear, nobody has to go without life-saving medical treatment due to ability to pay, in fact it's illegal for most hospitals to refuse to treat anyone.
Even the uninsured generally get treated first, then you get billed...
Does this qualify as life saving treatment?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Vax
Member
+42|4937|Flyover country

Kmarion wrote:

Vax wrote:

Just so it's clear, nobody has to go without life-saving medical treatment due to ability to pay, in fact it's illegal for most hospitals to refuse to treat anyone.
Even the uninsured generally get treated first, then you get billed...
Does this qualify as life saving treatment?
However, their excitement at the prospect of the birth soon turned to horror when staff on the ward told them: "Sorry we are full. Come back later."

Medics at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, near Cardiff, insisted the baby would not arrive for hours and suggested the couple go and have a cup of coffee while they tried to free up a bed.
D'oh.
Not really funny, but I had to laugh at  "go have a cup of coffee"
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|5846

mikkel wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

Cubans live longer and have a lower infant mortality rate.

I think all americans should watch "Sicko" at least 10 times until they get it.
Remember high school and university education is also free here in Europe.

"Sicko" really nails my thoughts perfectly.

Remember if You US citizens get sick and don't have insurence - GO TO CUBA

The good people of US deserve better than what is shown in Sicko FFS.
I'm sick of people like you claiming "free" this and "free" that. Your health care is not free. Your education is not free. It's paid through your taxes, which Americans as a consequence of their choices pay -less- of. It's not at all uncommon for universal health care to be funded by 7-9% of your income tax. That "free" isn't so "free" when it's costing you 8% of everything you make. Do you really think that you couldn't find decent insurance in the US if you were willing to part with 8% of your total income?
word.  thick brained people around here i guess.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|5572|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

usmarine wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Freke1 wrote:

Cubans live longer and have a lower infant mortality rate.

I think all americans should watch "Sicko" at least 10 times until they get it.
Remember high school and university education is also free here in Europe.

"Sicko" really nails my thoughts perfectly.

Remember if You US citizens get sick and don't have insurence - GO TO CUBA

The good people of US deserve better than what is shown in Sicko FFS.
I'm sick of people like you claiming "free" this and "free" that. Your health care is not free. Your education is not free. It's paid through your taxes, which Americans as a consequence of their choices pay -less- of. It's not at all uncommon for universal health care to be funded by 7-9% of your income tax. That "free" isn't so "free" when it's costing you 8% of everything you make. Do you really think that you couldn't find decent insurance in the US if you were willing to part with 8% of your total income?
word.  thick brained people around here i guess.
But it has the word free in it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard