13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

CC-Marley wrote:

I'm now rooting for Perk in OKC.
all the other match ups are getting the press - OKC & memphis are beating the fuck out of each other, what a series . . .
CC-Marley
+407|6841
Randolph is a Beast! Great games. It's nice to see LA gone. Bet they(LA) get Dwight and CP3 next year.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5250|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Bunch of no-class thugs and rapists?
yes.  sorry.  but any team with artest automatically gets downgraded to low class.
he won citizen of the year award from the NBA.  That was 7 years ago.  Move on, most people have.

Ever watch the 1980's matchups?  Especially Lakers/Celts, Pistons/everyone?  Today's NBA is like preschool compared to that
yes i watched the 80's and early 90's match ups.....

difference is they were not acting like wannabe gangstas trying to get on espn or youtube.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

11 Bravo wrote:

yes i watched the 80's and early 90's match ups.....
how'd you like the facial MJ gave craig ehlo?
11 Bravo
Banned
twas a good series tbh
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

yes. at least back then, Cleveland had their hearts handed to them by Jordan (like the jazz too) and not their superstar skipping town (like the jazz too).
11 Bravo
Banned
i enjoy the current MLB and NHL but i rather have that era of NBA
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

the last MLB i saw live, was at 3com and barry big-head hit a slam. i hope that fucker does time.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

he won citizen of the year award from the NBA.
oh.  what a guy.

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

hockey's 10 times worse bud.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

11 Bravo wrote:

i enjoy the current MLB and NHL but i rather have that era of NBA
If any, I think I'd rather have the 60's-70's era with a three point line and no goaltending.  I think there was much more skill involved back then.  The game itself has somewhat degraded a little.  I think at the top there's a few more gifted athletes, but in general the game was much more skilled back then.  Not as many people traveling or carrying the ball, less bitching and moaning about fouls, more of a pure game.

That said I think Kobe's 81 points against Toronto was far more impressive than Wilt's 100.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5497|Bolingbrook, Illinois

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

Miami heat to the Eastern Conference Finals...... See ya boston NOOBS
homer
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

That said I think Kobe's 81 points against Toronto was far more impressive than Wilt's 100.
I can absolutely agree with this. Any feat like that in a modern day setting when sports technology is incredible should get recognition.

It's why I look at Wayne Gretzky's 92 goals and Ovechkin's 65 in a season and then compare the GAAs of goalies back then to then now. Not to discredit TGO, but it makes Ovie's 65 look way more impressive than stats alone will show you.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

hockey's 10 times worse bud.
ya...and they are wearing pads not exposed like bball players.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

erm....

nobody plays defense any more.  so no i do not agree.
11 Bravo
Banned

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I can absolutely agree with this. Any feat like that in a modern day setting when sports technology is incredible should get recognition.

It's why I look at Wayne Gretzky's 92 goals and Ovechkin's 65 in a season and then compare the GAAs of goalies back then to then now. Not to discredit TGO, but it makes Ovie's 65 look way more impressive than stats alone will show you.
or....

you could say because of technology, weight training and diet evolution, along with supplements make it easier for the modern athlete?  or you could say they all have the same technology so everyone is on the same level anyway?
HaiBai

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

are you kidding?  defense in the nba today is nothing compared to back in the day.  stern changed the handcheck rule to give speedier guards more chances of slashing to the basket.

bad boy pistons would've all been suspended for 20 games minimum in today's nba.

also i thought this was relevant:

https://instntrply.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/boshflop.gif
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

HaiBai wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

are you kidding?  defense in the nba today is nothing compared to back in the day.  stern changed the handcheck rule to give speedier guards more chances of slashing to the basket.

bad boy pistons would've all been suspended for 20 games minimum in today's nba.

http://instntrply.com/wp-content/upload … shflop.gif
follow that up with Jordan pushing Byron Russell out of the way to get his open jumper.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

I was at that game. You should have seen Malone and rodman, literally wrestling on the ground before that play.  . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

11 Bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

or....

you could say because of technology, weight training and diet evolution, along with supplements make it easier for the modern athlete?  or you could say they all have the same technology so everyone is on the same level anyway?
Wilt scored 100 in a game his teammates fouled the opponent to stop the clock, they allowed offensive and defensive goaltending, and there were only a handful of good teams.

Kobe scored 81 points as a 2 guard.  Not as a dominant big man.  Not in an era that was seemingly catered to his style of play.  Not with his teammates stopping the clock to make sure he got to 81.

Kobe also has a handful of games where he scored 60+ through 3 quarters and sat out the rest of the game

And I agree with the 'everyone is on the same level' argument.
HaiBai

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

follow that up with Jordan pushing Byron Russell out of the way to get his open jumper.
jordan has said he would've scored much easily in today's league
CC-Marley
+407|6841

HaiBai wrote:

ghostinvisiblex7 wrote:

Miami heat to the Eastern Conference Finals...... See ya boston NOOBS
homo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

HaiBai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Yeah so would I. Talk is cheap
HaiBai

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yeah so would I. Talk is cheap
while at the same time you say kobes 81 was more impressive then wilts 100

ok
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6645|949

Why wasnt it? I offerred up my reasons why, let's hear your argument. I'm all ears

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard