KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

Yeah everybody talks about the good old days.  Take off your rose-tinted blue blockers and get with the times.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5249|Cleveland, Ohio

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Yeah everybody talks about the good old days.  Take off your rose-tinted blue blockers and get with the times.
wow no need to be an asshole.  i think football has gotten better.  basketball on the other hand...meh.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

11 Bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

wow no need to be an asshole.  i think football has gotten better.  basketball on the other hand...meh.
fuck, both of you are missing the point. Did Jordan save the league? no. Bird and Magic? no. the league never needed saving, until that clusterfuck of a lockout.

today's game is better than ever, but it isn't so different from the early 90's. Money's gonna kill the league, and the fighting for it.
11 Bravo
Banned
i met karl malone once burnsite.  kind of a dick.  lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

i just bought a car from him. he's real nice now - look, he even autographed a basketball for me

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2786/4449009090_07f5a0b901.jpg
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6394|the land of bourbon
the cavs will always be my favorite team... not only because i'm from cleveland, but i've always liked at least one player on their team.  even during the dark ages of shawn kemp, chris mills and bobby phills, we had terrell brandon, one of the best guards in the league.  we also had a legend coaching us for a looong time.

but how can you not be excited now?  it's been a long time coming for cleveland to have a winning franchise, after getting so close in the world series 97, getting the browns back (as awful as they are, and will continue to be) and finally lebron james.  the cavs are determined this year, you can see it in the way they play.  they aren't screwing around like they did last season, and the momentum is in our favor.  all of the past experiences losing to the lakers and magic have turned us into a hardened, playoff-ready team.  mark my words, cavs win it this year, and you all have to karma me for a month when we do

fact - lebron is staying in cleveland.  he filed a petition to change his jersey number, which you don't have to do if you go to another team.  as long as the owner antes up, he's staying right here.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5263
[ ] the cavs were screwing around last season
steelie34
pub hero!

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

[X] the cavs were screwing around last season
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf … lie_1.html

https://blog.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/2009/03/large_Cavs-Intro.jpg
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5263
excuses, excuses. wonder what they'll be this year...
11 Bravo
Banned
better than the hawks lel
steelie34
pub hero!

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

i already have two:

coach brown sucks - i never liked him.  our offense gets too stagnate sometimes with everyone watching lebron take horrible shots from 35 feet.

the refs don't like lebron - they get sick of his constant whining and don't give him any calls.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

steelie34 wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

i already have two:

coach brown sucks - i never liked him.  our offense gets too stagnate sometimes with everyone watching lebron take horrible shots from 35 feet.

the refs don't like lebron - they get sick of his constant whining and don't give him any calls.
Coach Brown does suck.  He's like Lebron's lackey.  I have no idea how he won coach of the year.  He'll be out after this year I think.

As for your second comment, I think that's kind of the way the league is now.  I think after Donaghy came out and said that the refs were influencing the games at the behest of the NBA and that the refs were favoring stars (gee, ya think?) the refs took it upon themselves to show everyone watching that they weren't favoring the star players.  I think this has resulted in less calls for the stars like Lebron and Kobe, because I've noticed the same thing.

And The Cleveland Lebrons still do all those theatrics.  I'm sure you've seen their pregame introductions.  That's one of the reasons I say they aren't mature enough.  It took Kobe a long time (basketball time that is) to mature into what he is now.  Lebron's got some growing up to do.  And that jersey number change means absolutely nothing as far as whether he goes or stays.  He's making sure he covers all his bases.
steelie34
pub hero!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

.  And that jersey number change means absolutely nothing as far as whether he goes or stays.  He's making sure he covers all his bases.
*fingers in ears*

LALALALALALALALAALA
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5496|Bolingbrook, Illinois

steelie34 wrote:

fact - lebron is staying in cleveland.  he filed a petition to change his jersey number, which you don't have to do if you go to another team.  as long as the owner antes up, he's staying right here.
lol uwannabet?

He's probably going to the Knicks or the Bulls, unless we get Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh.

Lebron wanted to change numbers out of respect for MJ.
11 Bravo
Banned
lol bulls.

you guys watch too much espn.
HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

lol bulls.

i dont get it
11 Bravo
Banned

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol bulls.

i dont get it
you listen to the talking heads on espn and shit.  what makes you think he wants to go to the bulls?
HaiBai

11 Bravo wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol bulls.

i dont get it
you listen to the talking heads on espn and shit.  what makes you think he wants to go to the bulls?
What all-star doesn't want to go to the Bulls?

Derrick Rose (All-Star in his second year) + Joakim Noah (Future All-Star IMO, was leading in rebounds this year until he got hurt) + A Young Team + Big City of Chicago (That would love anyone who plays for us)

You're right, no one wants to come to Chicago.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6644|949

HaiBai wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

lol uwannabet?

He's probably going to the Knicks or the Bulls, unless we get Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh.

Lebron wanted to change numbers out of respect for MJ.
If he's leaving it's going to be the Knicks or Nets.   It seems like the Knicks won't shell out the dough though, from what I've read and heard from Donnie Walsh.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

plus, the NYK's don't have to worry about their first round draft pick this year.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Well that was an extremely depressing game.

Bryant had 9 losses of the ball....
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

Zimmer wrote:

we call those "turnovers". yep, they kill - killed the jazz last nite vs. indiana . . .
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

burnzz wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

we call those "turnovers". yep, they kill - killed the jazz last nite vs. indiana . . .
I know what they are called... I just forgot the name and I was translating from Spanish.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6510

they still kill - you can tell it late in the season, there is a little sloppiness to everyones game right now.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

burnzz wrote:

they still kill - you can tell it late in the season, there is a little sloppiness to everyones game right now.
Oh yeah, totally

The thing is, that the best players in the NBA are the ones that turnover the most, LeBron for example has 3.4 TOs a game, which is a hell of a lot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard