lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6631|Toronto-Canada
fucking hell Kobe is just out of this world!

but the lakers refs and the fan who touched the ball in the last minutes didn't help.

seriously kobe gets too much super-star calls in his favor, it is just ridiculous.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

inb4KENNINGS

Jazz start their midwest tour with a win . . .
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6668|949

lxcpikiman wrote:

fucking hell Kobe is just out of this world!

but the lakers refs and the fan who touched the ball in the last minutes didn't help.

seriously kobe gets too much super-star calls in his favor, it is just ridiculous.
Sure, buddy.  That game was called like shit, but it was called that way for both teams.  There were a few calls he was bailed out on, and more than a few that weren't called, especially on Kobe and Pau.  The Raptors got a make-up call in the form of an offensive foul call on Kobe (his 2nd or 3rd of the game) less than 10 seconds after that fan hit the ball.  All I have to say is KOOOOBEEEEEE!  That's the first time I've seen him hit a game-winner in person.  Amazing.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

went to the utah/new orleans game. with CP3 out for the year, david west gets a personal 2 and tossed in the first half. fuckin NO gave up, 30 point lead going into the fourth and the building emptied.

going to see Boston monday - they rolled denver, and look like the team from two years ago . . .
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5286

burnzz wrote:

they look like the team from two years ago . . .
looooooooooooooooooool

negative
eleven bravo
+1,399|5295|foggy bottom

burnzz wrote:

went to the utah/new orleans game.
arent those the same teams?....snap!
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

burnzz wrote:

they look like the team from two years ago . . .
looooooooooooooooooool

negative
for the first half the did.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4456653044_9247010a6d.jpg

fuckers slowed the game down, crashed the boards, dove for loose balls and had a twelve point lead late in the first half.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4456653342_41f9e45984.jpg

Jazz ran floor coming out of half time, dragged their asses up and down the floor, and then mopped the floor with them.

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4455874585_09f5f15b7d.jpg

For a team that came out west, beat denver in denver, i'll take the win.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6792|Scotland

Honestly? Lakers don't need Bynum. Gasol performs a hell of a lot better without him and they've won their last 5 with outstanding performances from Gasol (got NBA player of the week). Amazing performance in the past 2, Bynum just stops Gasol from doing this every game. He's good, but not needed in the Lakers squad.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

Zimmer wrote:

Gasol performs a hell of a lot better without him and they've won their last 5 with outstanding performances from Gasol
i wish we could rape a small market team for their star player.

oh yeah, we are a small market team . . .
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6417|the land of bourbon

burnzz wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Gasol performs a hell of a lot better without him and they've won their last 5 with outstanding performances from Gasol
i wish we could rape a small market team for their star player.

oh yeah, we are a small market team . . .
you could always go after the akron hammer... just let us win a championship first
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6668|949

Zimmer wrote:

Honestly? Lakers don't need Bynum. Gasol performs a hell of a lot better without him and they've won their last 5 with outstanding performances from Gasol (got NBA player of the week). Amazing performance in the past 2, Bynum just stops Gasol from doing this every game. He's good, but not needed in the Lakers squad.
That argument would be valid if Pau put up the same numbers when Bynum is in, but he doesn't.  Pau seems to get motivated here and there, but never consistently.  Having Bynum presents the sort of match up and height problems that allow the other positions to flourish.  I gaurantee if you read or listened to any scouting report against the Lakers, it would emphasize the height advantages in the front court.  Having one able big man is not nearly as advantagous as having 3 (if you throw Lamar in there).  Pau's biggest problem is that he doesn't have those consistent dominating performances.  Luckily the Lakers don't need that night in and night out from Gasol.  I will say that he definitely has shed his 'soft' image within the last two years, which was the main criticism against him.  Still, the Lakers need to shore up defensively to really be a Championship team again.  The way they are playing right now totally reminds me of two years ago when they lost to the Celtics in the Finals - playing down to the level of competition, failing to close out teams when they are up big in the second half, allowing no-name players to go off against them.  Hopefully we'll see a push in these last 15 games that will seperate them from the rest of the pack.

Please don't call Lebron the Akron Hammer.  That is just the worst nickname possible.  He won't bring the Cleveland Lebron's a championship this season.  I actually think the Magic or the Hawks will be coming out of the East, and in the West I see the Nugs, Lakes or Mavs to show up.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I actually think the Magic or the Hawks will be coming out of the East, and in the West I see the Nugs, Lakes or Mavs to show up.
quoted for future reference.

i'd like to see the Jazz play LA in mid-late May. i've no doubt the reasons you cited for every team in the league to fear the Lakers but the Jazz have won the conference twice, and played for it when Derek Fischer was the PG. i want a showdown in the post season - we are done playing both the Mavs and the Nuggets, and the Lakers are the only team left we play that we can make ground up on.

Boston's done as a title contender, but they sure can fuck up some eastern teams right about now . . .
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6681

Marbury almost half court 3's
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5286
hawks are not going in the right direction for this part of the season
eleven bravo
+1,399|5295|foggy bottom
Atl has a team?
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6668|949

whaaaaaaaaaat wrote:

hawks are not going in the right direction for this part of the season
They aren't too bad, plus the East is experiencing a kind of vaccum.  Boston is a shell of the team from 2 years ago.  The Magic are streaky at best, and Cleveland doesn't seem to have the maturity to make it deep into the playoffs.  Atlanta has a decent chance at going far.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5520|Bolingbrook, Illinois

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Cleveland doesn't seem to have the maturity to make it deep into the playoffs.
Mind explaining?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6668|949

HaiBai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mind explaining?
Their team isn't mature enough to handle the added stress and intensity of the playoffs.  See last years Eastern Conference Finals as evidence.  They may prove me wrong but I just don't see it.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6681

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mind explaining?
Their team isn't mature enough to handle the added stress and intensity of the playoffs.  See last years Eastern Conference Finals as evidence.  They may prove me wrong but I just don't see it.
bleh NBA is sure to have a lockout next year according to ESPN...... will see how it plays out... a lot of players are getting paid way too much....
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5286
j smooooooooooooove
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6533

so i woke up to find the Jazz in a tie for 2nd out west. we own dallas, denver owns us, dallas owns denver. love this time of year . . .
steelie34
pub hero!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mind explaining?
you're nuts... everyone on the team has been there before, so they have the experience.  especially with shaq and jamison, there is no way we should lose, barring any major injuries.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5286

burnzz wrote:

so i woke up to find the Jazz in a tie for 2nd out west. we own dallas, denver owns us, dallas owns denver. love this time of year . . .
and the lakers own you all...in the playoffs anyway

steelie34 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Mind explaining?
you're nuts... everyone on the team has been there before, so they have the experience.  especially with shaq and jamison, there is no way we should lose, barring any major injuries.
one word: lakers

gl trying to knock off the vets

Last edited by whaaaaaaaaaat (2010-03-26 08:02:25)

steelie34
pub hero!
http://www.news-herald.com/articles/201 … 975172.txt

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/in … ntage.html

"plus a tiebreaker advantage in that Cleveland beat Los Angeles both times they played season."

Last edited by steelie34 (2010-03-26 08:43:50)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5520|Bolingbrook, Illinois
the magic are better then the cavs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard